The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I do not think Tiger is half as good as he once was,say 10 years ago. Just observations I have made over the years he been very streaky. Partly because of personal problems and pressure and I think equipment. I am not bashing Nike, but Titliest makes much better equipment .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jim nance is that you...lol just kidding. He won the '97 masters with mp14 in th bag and cobra driver. It's never the equipment with tiger. He sets it up how he wants it to fit his swing. I would venture to say very few guys on tour could swing his setup and make the ball do what it does in his hands.

I agree he isn't as good as he once was, but everyone knows that because he isn't taking PEDs anymore or chasing tail. I kid of course, I have no facts to stand on.

We'll how many players are using Nike, including balls and gear. Not even close to what Titliest is putting up. Go check the numbers if you don't know what you are taking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nike doesn't shell out the same amount of money to have tour pros play their gear.

I have never seen it published, but Titleist throws out a staggering amount of money to be the #1 ball on tour.

jim nance is that you...lol just kidding. He won the '97 masters with mp14 in th bag and cobra driver. It's never the equipment with tiger. He sets it up how he wants it to fit his swing. I would venture to say very few guys on tour could swing his setup and make the ball do what it does in his hands.

I agree he isn't as good as he once was, but everyone knows that because he isn't taking PEDs anymore or chasing tail. I kid of course, I have no facts to stand on.
I am strickly going by how many tour players use their equipment, hardly any. I have had friends who used new ad older Nike equipment who had told me "$20 clubs at Walmart are much better".

I am strickly going by how many tour players use their equipment, hardly any. I have had friends who used new ad older Nike equipment who had told me "$20 clubs at Walmart are much better".

So because a company does not dole out the cash to have a huge number of players in their stable that means that their stuff is no good? So company like SeeMore who doesn't pay players and has a small number of players on tour, does that mean they are not as good as Scotty Cameron?

So how much of their equipment have YOU ever used?

A friend's uncle's cousin's half nephew told me that Titleist stuff sucks. Must be true....

We'll how many players are using Nike, including balls and gear. Not even close to what Titliest is putting up. Go check the numbers if you don't know what you are taking about

considering titleist sponsors almost every junior player I have ever met it is no surprise. Nike products have made strides in the past few years.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Tiger could play with garden tools and still be better than most guys on the tour.

And LOL at the last part! My friends and I always say he needs to start chasing tail again and he'll start killing it at the majors.

I'm not going to debate equipment in the TW thread. He plays what is best for him. It's in his contract that he play what he feels is the best. The guys has 78 wins, half with Nike. It's not the equipment as it pertains to him or anyone else in your playing nike. If we need to continue this, we have many threads just on this topic.

Tiger could play with garden tools and still be better than most guys on the tour.

And LOL at the last part! My friends and I always say he needs to start chasing tail again and he'll start killing it at the majors.

A friend of mine said this on his Facebook page: "Hey Tiger: Time to go back and do what your pops told you to do: concentrate on golf and eff everything else. It worked once, you can do it again."

The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Wasnt ment to be a direct at him. Yes i have used Nike clubs and around 8 of my friends. Who personally thought they were not top notch equipment. No details of how much or little companies pay players to use their equipment. I believe they pick what works for them, either by product reps and word of mouth. Enough said no need to keep stabbing at this. The lame immature comments are not needed.

Wasnt ment to be a direct at him. Yes i have used Nike clubs and around 8 of my friends. Who personally thought they were not top notch equipment. No details of how much or little companies pay players to use their equipment. I believe they pick what works for them, either by product reps and word of mouth. Enough said no need to keep stabbing at this. The lame immature comments are not needed.

Louis Oostheizen used a Nike SQ 3wood to win The Open Championship.

Louis Oostheizen used a Nike SQ 3wood to win The Open Championship.

Don't forget the wins by Glover and Cink in major championships as well.

Don't forget the wins by Glover and Cink in major championships as well.

Or Immelmann.

Louis though was a non Nike staffer who won a major with a Nike club not being paid to play it

Or Immelmann.

Louis though was a non Nike staffer who won a major with a Nike club not being paid to play it

Oh shoot I forgot Schwartzel too. The equipment is solid through every brand now. These guys can and do win no matter the clubs.

Oh shoot I forgot Schwartzel too. The equipment is solid through every brand now. These guys can and do win no matter the clubs.

They could use Small's Northwestern 3wood and finish in the top 10

JMan said something in another thread that I thought was petty wise, something like all OEMs make equipment that works for somebody. In other words, it is all good.

He must be in a lot of pain to miss this one. A Course he has historically done extremely well at

He must be in a lot of pain to miss this one. A Course he has historically done extremely well at

Will this force him to play somewhere else he is less comfortable for extra tournament prep for the Masters? I hear Texas is nice this time of year!

Will this force him to play somewhere else he is less comfortable for extra tournament prep for the Masters? I hear Texas is nice this time of year!

Honestly he may just show up to the Masters without any more tournament golf, although I don't know that for sure

At least he let us know so we don't waste 700k on fantasy golf.

At least he let us know so we don't waste 700k on fantasy golf.

I was really debating going with him this week. This obviously makes it easier but now I have to figure out who to spend the extra $700k on.

I highly doubt he will play before the Masters. The way it sounds, he might not even be able to go for the Masters if his back doesn't cooperate. They mentioned he was going to be evaluated up til the Masters.

Back