Re-shaft - Image up or down?

Martsy

Reaction score
Handicap
18.5 GHIN
So I brought in a Speedblade 6i into Golf Galaxy to get reshafted with a Recoil 680 shaft as a test against my iron shafted 6i, and just picked it up and at address, the shaft is completely gray. All the words/design are underneath. I didn't specify either way, but if I end up completely reshafting my clubs, I'm not sure if I like it or not. On one hand, it's very minimalist, non-"distracting"...but on the other, i think i may want to see the shaft name. I mean I did pick this specific shaft and think it looks nice.

Interested to see what the "norm" is for those out there that reshaft their clubs. I notice most of the retail clubs seem to have the design up front, which is why I think I kind of assumed that's what this would look like, but clearly the Golfworks guy who does this for a living thought differently.

I bought my Rescue hybrid from a member on here, the shaft and grip are aligned with each other, but with how I have the head adjusted, at address they point at my target. Doesn't bother me one bit. I rarely even see the shaft at address, and the only time I really do, it pulling the club out of the bag.

I always put the shaft graphics down, I like the cleaner look. From a builder's perspective, there is a little more margin for error with the graphics hidden, you can get away with being a tiny bit off if the logo is underneath.

I always align the spine which means the images could end up anywhere. I wont re-hash the thread on it, but I personally prefer to align the Spine versus the image.

I build graphics down as the norm. :)

For irons I always shaft with the spine and label down if possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like label down on shaft but logo up on grips.

Logo down when I have a choice.

I like logo down on both my shafts and grips. Makes me focus more on aligning the face of the club rather than the graphics on the shaft.

Logo up when I have the choice. This is why Cookie and I get along.

I always go label down

Graphite: I like the image down
Steel: if it is a band (DG S300) then I remove it, if it is on one side of the shaft (KBS) then I keep it label down.

I don't want to see anything when I swing so my grips are usually logo under as well.

Logo doesn't make much of a difference to me. Especially when the club is adjustable, because it will move when you tinker. The one think I dislike about adjustable settings is the grip, as they are not properly lined up w/ the club face.

I find a great deal of club makers like the logo down. I could care less, with adjustable everything it doesn't matter. You should be looking at the label anyway.. :D

Logo down for sure - unless you are trying to read the shaft as part of your pre-shot routine....

I don't care either way. It is easier to hide mistakes logo down, but in terms of performance, I've never looked at a shaft logo at address.

If I have a choice its logo down, dont really care though

Probably logo down for me. If I can't read it, I won't look at it. I think lol

I'd go down. My irons are that way so I'd keep it the same.

Logo down. Woods, I don't care, irons I prefer the KBS sticker down.

Shaft and grip logo down just because I like a clean look.

I just had a shaft put in my Amp Cell and they put it in logo down. Honestly, it doesn't really matter much to me. I'm not looking at the logo when I'm swinging anyway. If I'm looking at the logo during my swing, I have way too many other problems than whether my logo is up or down.

Irons for me with logo down. If I want to read the logo, I'll turn it over and look at it. :act-up:

With the adjustability of drivers and FW, it's not so important to me.

Did some shafts in irons recently. DGR300 and didn't even put the shaft bands on. The sheet with all of them sits in a drawer on my bench.

JM

I have never cared. I could really care less which way it faces.

I like the logo up, it just seems right to me.

Back