• 150yards

Votes: 70 29.3%
  • 160 yards

Votes: 61 25.5%
  • 165 and up

Votes: 76 31.8%

• Total voters
140 - 145 or so.

That's me, of course this past weekend at HHI being at sea level and coolish temperatures it was more like 135-140.

Some of you guys are brutes! I only hit mine in the 140-145 range, I can't imagine how much easier this game would be if I could hit a 7 iron 175+.

You and me both, man!

145 to 150

One forty five....

Some of you guys are brutes! I only hit mine in the 140-145 range, I can't imagine how much easier this game would be if I could hit a 7 iron 175+.

I think there are so many variables going on here this is just a general question some people might be talking total vs carry places at sea level vs at elevation sets have diffrent degrees loft i would not read to much into others numbers just a fun exercise

I'm about 145-150

Normally, 150-155.

Used to be a stock 150 yards, but the last couple of years its leveled out to about 135/140 yards. This Winter, with the cold weather the 7 iron carries about 120/125 yards! Now, if/when I put a good "skull" on it I can get almost 200 yards out of it! LOL

3/4 swing for 150yds every time. I used to go by 170 but I love the 3/4 swing accuracy.

160 give or take with my i20 7I (33˚)

170 with my SpeedBlade.

155 with my i20.

Yowza. I may have to buy myself a house-warming present next month...

Depending on the conditions, its 145-150.

Typically 150-155 for me.

150 for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

170-175

170-175 with xforged
175-180 with apex pro
165 with TM TP MB

208 with the SpeedBlades that one time.

I'm no club guru and I don't bother but I assume that having only .5 degree stronger loft wont make the ball fly higher AND longer. So I just assume the lie, offset, etc all plays into that.

I notice the same thing with the free 6 iron SPeedblade. It would replace my Burner 2.0 5 iron.

Center of gravity is a direct factor. Low and more forward it is the higher the ball and of course the opposite for it being further back. Of course there must also be a happy medium between height and distance.

why would it really be so much easier? If your hypothetically at 155yrds out (or whatever) you still have to hit your target from a 155yrds away. If that's a 7i or a 6i its still 155 yards and still have to execute the shot. I guess the only difference would be the ball comes in a bit steeper which can mean it should stay a little closer to where it landed. But even then it really just comes to knowing what to expect from your own shots and playing distances allowing for it. Slope of greens, how hard, or soft, etc and even wind may actually play to your favor with the lower numbered club as many times as not.

170-175ish for me, it's hard for me to swing harder at it than that

Center of gravity is a direct factor. Low and more forward it is the higher the ball and of course the opposite for it being further back. Of course there must also be a happy medium between height and distance.

why would it really be so much easier? If your hypothetically at 155yrds out (or whatever) you still have to hit your target from a 155yrds away. If that's a 7i or a 6i its still 155 yards and still have to execute the shot. I guess the only difference would be the ball comes in a bit steeper which can mean it should stay a little closer to where it landed. But even then it really just comes to knowing what to expect from your own shots and playing distances allowing for it. Slope of greens, how hard, or soft, etc and even wind may actually play to your favor with the lower numbered club as many times as not.

I would be hitting 3 or 4 hybrid to match some of these 7 iron distances. Maybe you hit your longer clubs just as well as your shorter one, but I don't. That's what I meant by easier.

I voted 150 unfortunately, but it's probably closer to 145 right now. I used to be able to hit it 170, but injuries have shortened me up a lot.

170-175 with xforged
175-180 with apex pro
165 with TM TP MB

Side question...

Do the clubs have same lofts, shafts & shaft length?

Is the distance difference coming from lofts, shafts or the head? Just interested :)

150-160 for me

Back