Cobra Bio Cell Driver Review Thread

May have missed this, but was wondering if anyone has hit this against the jpx ez. These are the 2 I am currently most interested in. Was going to hit them at the range at the weekend but did my back in, so couldn't. Cheers

I love this club, I've demoed it twice and both times it has been the best driver I've hit to date distance and accuracy is superior to all the drivers I've tried to date this year.

This ^^^^^^^^^^ so true

I hit this driver today and the numbers it gave me was by far the best I have seen in 2014. Suweeeet is an understatement for Bio Cell. Good looking rascal too :in-love:. I must have one at some point and time. Cobra baby, this one is burning a hole in my soul and pocket book! :bomb:

This ^^^^^^^^^^ so true

I hit this driver today and the numbers it gave me was by far the best I have seen in 2014. Suweeeet is an understatement for Bio Cell. Good looking rascal too :in-love:. I must have one at some point and time. Cobra baby, this one is burning a hole in my soul and pocket book! :bomb:

Gray

To help you with your pocket book - they are all over e-bay on legit sites for 213.00 with free shipping...

I love this club, I've demoed it twice and both times it has been the best driver I've hit to date distance and accuracy is superior to all the drivers I've tried to date this year.

You got it. R flex bombs today, I'm talking bombs. 270+. No lie.

Gray

To help you with your pocket book - they are all over e-bay on legit sites for 213.00 with free shipping...

Wow! That is an awesome deal :bulgy-eyes:.

This ^^^^^^^^^^ so true

Uh oh...looking to cheat on the big gal before you even get her, eh? LOL it is a very nice driver indeed, but for some reason it didn't agree with me the last time I hit it. Maybe I need to give it another chance.

I hit it the other day at Golfsmith and absolutely loved it. I recently just upgraded from the ZL Encore to the Amp Cell so I'm enjoying it for now. But definitely intrigued by the Bio Cell Drive and the irons. Ponder.....

This and Bertha are legitimately the two best I have hit for me in some time. Just such an all around slid head for me, not too low spin, great launch, lateral forgiveness is better with the new e9 face, and it's long for me. It's the Morgan Cup Gamer for me, I have Zero doubt.

Uh oh...looking to cheat on the big gal before you even get her, eh? LOL it is a very nice driver indeed, but for some reason it didn't agree with me the last time I hit it. Maybe I need to give it another chance.

All I know is this driver really impressed the heck out of me at Dick's the other day. I hit it along side four other drivers and it produced better numbers. Distance and accuracy were hands down better. I need to try it again to see if I was dreaming :D

This and Bertha are legitimately the two best I have hit for me in some time. Just such an all around slid head for me, not too low spin, great launch, lateral forgiveness is better with the new e9 face, and it's long for me. It's the Morgan Cup Gamer for me, I have Zero doubt.

I'm still trying to figure out which one is better. I set up a session with Club Champion here in town to get on Tracman to settle it once and for all.

I'm still trying to figure out which one is better. I set up a session with Club Champion here in town to get on Tracman to settle it once and for all.

It's a right race for sure.

Hit this extensively beside the Covert 2.0. While I don't have numbers to back it up because I forgot to take a pic of the launch monitor, I'll go off of distance, feel, forgiveness, memory and a few things in between.

Distance - Bio Cell
Forgiveness - Covert 2.0
Sound - Tie -> I don't care much about sound
Feel - Bio Cell
Straight Ness Factor - Bio Cell by the slightest of margin
Looks - Covert, but it's really close

A little about me... My recent Gamers were the Ping K15, 10.5* and Cleveland Classic XL Custom with matrix Black Tie, 9.5*. Preferred the Classic XL due to the black tie. Swing speed on average tops out at like 99-100, but hovers around 94-96.

I hit both of these side by side and both were stock stiff shafts and both were set at 10.5 and 11.5 degrees. I didn't go in to tinker a lot, I just went in to put some swings in on both stock offerings and see what I thought.

Distance wise... The Bio Cell was longer by about 6-9 yards on average. My longest drive with the Bio was 273 with rollout. Longest with the Covert was 268. On average I was poking them out there with the Bio Cell at about 254-257. Covert was about 245-250 on average.

I noticed that the ball flight was lower on the Bio Cell which is what I prefer, but neither drivers offered a bad ball flight. I never imagined myself lofting up to 11.5, but I got the best results from 11.5 and that is what I left the drivers on when I hit them side by side.

Forgiveness wise, I felt that the Covert won this battle. I tend to miss towards the heel and I lost less distance with the Covert by about 4-8 yards. However, both are SILLY forgiving.

Shafts - I preferred the Kuro to the PX. That can be slightly biased however, because the Kuro is one of my favorite shafts to date.

Feel - Bio Cell won pretty handedly and that's not saying the Covert doesn't feel nice. I just feel that the Bio Cell feels more sturdy and less "hollow"... Maybe that hollow feeling is due to the cavity back of the Covert, but it just doesn't feel as good as the Bio Cell.

Straightness Factor - this one is REALLY REALLY REALLY close. On average, I missed the middle by 7.9 yards with the Bio and 8.6 yards with the Covert. Both were insanely good and I had 3 wild drives with both drivers. 2 dead pulls with the Covert and one slice. 3 slices with the Bio Cell.

Looks - Covert just because I freaking love that Victory Red. However, Cobra Red is dead sexy too.

I currently game the Covert 2.0... And I don't plan on changing, but I can promise you... If I stumble across a Bio Cell for a good price, it will be on its way to Richmond. Plainly because... It is a touch better than the Covert. Both are exceptional drivers and both pack a nice punch with loads of forgiveness.

If you are looking for long, forgiving, good looking... Don't hesitate to buy the Bio Cell.

Last edited:
Great thoughts Sanzabar. You talk about the hollowness in the feel, is that in relation more to sound or weighting?

Great thoughts Sanzabar. You talk about the hollowness in the feel, is that in relation more to sound or weighting?

I really cannot pinpoint what exactly it is. I'd probably lean towards sound I guess. A lot of it could be all in my head since I know the cavity is there. Ya know?

I really cannot pinpoint what exactly it is. I'd probably lean towards sound I guess. A lot of it could be all in my head since I know the cavity is there. Ya know?

Makes sense to me, was just hoping you could elaborate some, that's all.

Makes sense to me, was just hoping you could elaborate some, that's all.

Again... The Covert didn't feel bad at all. Felt really good and felt stable... Just didn't feel as good as the Bio Cell.

Gray

What? Oh man, now I have no choice.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Playing this driver in the Desert has just taken my love affair with it to a whole new level.
The combo of the Bio Cell and Kusala White is just freaking deadly on firm ground. I am seeing 250-270 carries that extend to 300 every once in a while with the right wind, bounce and roll.
I am seeing a high ball flight that somehow takes a nice high first bounce and rolls quite a ways. I have become an internet golfer!

I need a lime green one. Not Masters green, lime green.

I finally got to hit the Bio Cell today during lunch and color me impressed. First off the shaft is so much better. I had to drop to R flex in stock compared to the stock stiff in my Amp Cell but I am okay with that as I am not arrogant about what flex I play. When able to probably load the r flex my spin and launch came way down (normally 19* and 4300 rpm to 14 and 2600). Plus with the S flex I was leaking everything to the right but with the R flex it was right down the middle.

I am headed to a big Demo Day this Saturday about a hour away , and will make sure to put this driver on the short list.

I need a lime green one. Not Masters green, lime green.

Now you had to go and mention this didnt you:banghead:

As I am getting a fitting from a Cobra rep next month you know what I am gonna ask for now........even though Mrs Ranger commented on how nice the Orange was the other day !!! MMMMM LIME GREEN
As an aside I am going to make him take a look at the shaft in my Amp Cell 3 wood see if he thinks I should be playing a stiff shaft in there as well , see if I can get a deal for a new LIME GREEN driver and a replacement shaft ......I can feel the bank account crying already....

May have just sent a pleading email to Cobra customer services.......:angel:

Back