Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering a hybrid that offers a draw setting. To many fade/slices being hit and I'm hoping that might help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Pondering a hybrid that offers a draw setting. To many fade/slices being hit and I'm hoping that might help.

I sought the same thing for years. I learned that it isnt the club, it's the swing.

If the goal is to assist in eliminating a side of the course you might find that heel bias weighted might offer more assistance than a face angle adjustment.

If the goal is to assist in eliminating a side of the course you might find that heel bias weighted might offer more assistance than a face angle adjustment.

Any specific recommendations?

Mashie all day Amart. All day.

Yep. Definitely will help with those misses to the right.

If he could find an older one with a bit more offset, that would be even better. I swear no matter how hard I tried, it would not let me hit it right.

I am really pondering the X2 hot 2 deep wood. Depending on the distance i crank out it could be a good driver alternative. For me the driver is confidence thing

Yep. Definitely will help with those misses to the right.

If he could find an older one with a bit more offset, that would be even better. I swear no matter how hard I tried, it would not let me hit it right.

Thanks guys. I was hitting the bio cell, x2h, and G25 this morning and all were very similar with my OTT move. I'm gonna see what I can find in the mashie line.

Thanks guys. I was hitting the bio cell, x2h, and G25 this morning and all were very similar with my OTT move. I'm gonna see what I can find in the mashie line.

You'll find mashie's crazy cheap right now, I have to think. Probably even have the same hybo shaft you play in your Classic in there.

Doesn't the bio cell have a draw bias you can adjust to?

You may want to try the 2013 XHot also if you haven't. It seems to have enough offset and weighting to keep it left also...but nothing I have played topped the original Mashie line in those areas. They reduced the offset in the Mashie+, so depending on what you could find, the non-plus could be your best bet.

You'll find mashie's crazy cheap right now, I have to think. Probably even have the same hybo shaft you play in your Classic in there.

Yep, it does have the lie angle change for draw bias.

You may want to try the 2013 XHot also if you haven't. It seems to have enough offset and weighting to keep it left also...but nothing I have played topped the original Mashie line in those areas. They reduced the offset in the Mashie+, so depending on what you could find, the non-plus could be your best bet.

XHot is another good one for sure.

Yep, definitely Mashie if you don't want to go right. I gamed them for a while but I couldn't quit going left, so I changed it up. I have a 2h and 3h I'm not using if you're interested.

They do have a draw setting and I checked one out to demo for a couple days.

I do like the shallow face of the xhot and the offset will likely help.

Yep, definitely Mashie if you don't want to go right. I gamed them for a while but I couldn't quit going left, so I changed it up. I have a 2h and 3h I'm not using if you're interested.

I may be interested in the 3h, shoot me a PM!

I know I was just pondering the i25 driver but I just hit the Bio Cell in R flex and it is a low spin machine. Not a whole lot further than my Amp Cell but much lower launch and much less spin.

Pondering picking up a G25 driver and a Aldila Phenom NL Shaft to put it in.[h=1][/h]

Been pondering some more spin around the greens. Bridgestone B330 rx may have to give them a try. My e6s aren't cutting it

X2 Hot 4 wood

Been pondering some more spin around the greens. Bridgestone B330 rx may have to give them a try. My e6s aren't cutting it

RXS may be just what you need.

Or heck even the E5 should help

RXS may be just what you need.

Or heck even the E5 should help

Ill have to give them a look as well. Is there a big difference between the rx and rxs?

Pondering golfpride ndmc whiteout grips for my wedges to match the rest of the set

Ill have to give them a look as well. Is there a big difference between the rx and rxs?

Depends on your swing I guess. Haven't hit the '14 RXS yet, but I did hit the '12 ones. I found that they were definitely a bit more active than the RX. The RX is a hop & stop for me, maybe a little bit of backup on wedges. I found the RXS spinning too far back, but YMMV based on your swing. So far I've found the '14 RX to be the same into the greens for me, but a little more spinny around the greens than the '12 RX. Check out the review thread and grab a sleeve to see how they work for you.

FWIW, I also play the e5s when I'm not feeling saucy. I find them to spin plenty on approach. Not as much as the RX around the greens, but a solid solid ball.

Depends on your swing I guess. Haven't hit the '14 RXS yet, but I did hit the '12 ones. I found that they were definitely a bit more active than the RX. The RX is a hop & stop for me, maybe a little bit of backup on wedges. I found the RXS spinning too far back, but YMMV based on your swing. So far I've found the '14 RX to be the same into the greens for me, but a little more spinny around the greens than the '12 RX. Check out the review thread and grab a sleeve to see how they work for you.

FWIW, I also play the e5s when I'm not feeling saucy. I find them to spin plenty on approach. Not as much as the RX around the greens, but a solid solid ball.

Thanks for the info dude. I dont generate a ton of spin but the e6 seems to roll off for me too frequently. Im gonna dive into that thread and see whats up

Thanks for the info dude. I dont generate a ton of spin but the e6 seems to roll off for me too frequently. Im gonna dive into that thread and see whats up

You may want to try the online B-Fit with Bridgestone and they can help you pick out the ball that may be best for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back