The Official Tiger Woods Thread

This is what I am feeling. And when he wins in Augusta it will be a "hero" type of story.

Probably. The media will make it sound like the bulging disc was actually sticking out of his back like a compound fracture.

Probably. The media will make it sound like the bulging disc was actually sticking out of his back like a compound fracture.

Very true. But it will give a jolt to the game through the mainstream media.

Very true. But it will give a jolt to the game through the mainstream media.

It becomes ridiculous though. He'll play the Masters with a bulging disc (of course, it'll be on the verge of nearly rupturing just cause it'll make people read) but then if he ever WD's from another tournament in the future we'll hear the same media, informed or not, harp on him for not continuing to play if something else is ailing. Just seems like a double edged sword no matter the situation.

This is what I am feeling. And when he wins in Augusta it will be a "hero" type of story.

It would have to be in a playoff as well. "His greatest win ever."

Sorry buddy that ain't happening this year.

It becomes ridiculous though. He'll play the Masters with a bulging disc (of course, it'll be on the verge of nearly rupturing just cause it'll make people read) but then if he ever WD's from another tournament in the future we'll hear the same media, informed or not, harp on him for not continuing to play if something else is ailing. Just seems like a double edged sword no matter the situation.
I can see the excitement in your post. Just grinning from ear to ear as you lust after TW and his bulging disk driven Masters win

c0419paint.jpg

:laughing:

I can see the excitement in your post. Just grinning from ear to ear as you lust after TW and his bulging disk driven Masters win

Hahaha or you can hear my utter disdain for the media even before it happens. Someone needs to follow them around with a rolled up newspaper and just be ready to whack them on the end of the nose and tell them no.

c0419paint.jpg

:laughing:
the one thing TW never needed help with was putting and when he did, Steve striker gave him the best tips.

Playing or winning?

Hahaha or you can hear my utter disdain for the media even before it happens. Someone needs to follow them around with a rolled up newspaper and just be ready to whack them on the end of the nose and tell them no.

Easy story. Have to remember that you have the greatest ever (arguably) that was a media darling and created an image for himself with his team that was a complete sham. The media did not create that, it was created for them. Now, anything they can print, they will because of his doing at becoming news outside of sports fans. WHich of course brings in more clicks.

don't worry if he does not play Augusta they will still talk about him as if he was there playing

Winning, he may play. But he would come in with little or no reps. I just don't see it but have been wrong before

Winning, he may play. But he would come in with little or no reps. I just don't see it but have been wrong before

Nobody knows what is really going on. I think he will play, play well and if I was a betting man, I would say he will be practicing quite a bit too. Especially short game.

Nobody knows what is really going on. I think he will play, play well and if I was a betting man, I would say he will be practicing quite a bit too. Especially short game.
no doubt about that since he can do it in his backyard

Easy story. Have to remember that you have the greatest ever (arguably) that was a media darling and created an image for himself with his team that was a complete sham. The media did not create that, it was created for them. Now, anything they can print, they will because of his doing at becoming news outside of sports fans. WHich of course brings in more clicks.

I understand all of that, he did bring all of that on himself with that trainwreck situation. Since he's been burned though, good luck getting too much out of the answers when asked by certain media sources.

I understand all of that, he did bring all of that on himself with that trainwreck situation. Since he's been burned though, good luck getting too much out of the answers when asked by certain media sources.

That is what I meant. He was never forth coming prior, and what was reported was "created" information. Since he is saying even less and pretty much storms off after ever round (over par), articles will come with anything they can get.

That is what I meant. He was never forth coming prior, and what was reported was "created" information. Since he is saying even less and pretty much storms off after ever round (over par), articles will come with anything they can get.

Ahh I gotcha.

I do wonder what form we're gonna see. He played in 2010 with no tournament reps and put up a high finish. This course is just one where he doesn't have to be firing on all cylinders to be in the mix so long as the putter and short game are working. If that putter is luke warm and avoids three putts, he contends.

Ahh I gotcha.

I do wonder what form we're gonna see. He played in 2010 with no tournament reps and put up a high finish. This course is just one where he doesn't have to be firing on all cylinders to be in the mix so long as the putter and short game are working. If that putter is luke warm and avoids three putts, he contends.

Agreed. He kind of backdoored 2010 if I remember correctly, but had no prep and the putter was hot for 2 of the rounds. He was my pack and I will stick with it.

Oh man just looking at that dude annoys me.

There will have to be some sort of a contest around photos of him. Always looks like he's taking a dump. Instead, he is doing that to someone's short game.

There will have to be some sort of a contest around photos of him. Always looks like he's taking a dump. Instead, he is doing that to someone's short game.

Lol, a caption contest would be awesome but we need the perfect pic.

Masters wouldn't be the same if TW is not there.

I'm going out on a limb here..and mean no disrespect to all tiger fans ..including me.. :). Anyway, was talking to my young brother on the phone last night about tiger. We personally think tiger should have retired from the game in 2004 or 2005 . When he was on top of the world. Just like jim brown did in the nfl and Barry sanders..they retired and left the game on top.. Everyone was always saying" what if" with their careers , not " he is on bad shape..and needs to retire".. It is so sad to watch this with tiger now..I have no intentions of watching any golf without tiger...... He should've left when he was on top.. His body produced so so so any great shots...now those great shots have caught up with him... Will their be another tiger in our life time? Doubtful.. He is and was the best in the history of the game..IMO... He played the hardest and longest courses and had the best competition to play against on a daily basis..and he dominated.

i think , he is done folks.. Sad to say...

and I'm done watching golf..

just my opinion..and no disrespect to anyone else..

Retire? Especially back in 2004? Lol he won 5 times last year. Sorry but I couldn't disagree more. He's still #1 in the world, isn't that on top?

Back