The Official Tiger Woods Thread

He did a lot of revamps with butch.. But IMO.. Those were the revamps he needed to win the modern day slam. The Haney swing was impressive too.. Very impressive... And equally successful . I might be eating crow here. .. But Sean just doesn't have what butch or hank do... As far as taking tiger where he wants to go. Again, without him in the thick of things on the tour.. Every event just seems like a " off season" " save your card event" . He was/is the complete deal.. Charisma.... The ultimate thinker... The ultimate winner. Some guys on tour come close.. But will never surpass this guy.. What he has done for the game and the record books..

Off to to go do some sole slam

You do realize that TW revamped his swing with butch, Haney and now Foley. No fun to the head, he asked for it.

Freddie, Who do you think gave Tiger the best swing?

Freddie, Who do you think gave Tiger the best swing?

Butch hands down!! Pride got in the way of that relationship. Butch blew up after TW. I know some will say he was big prior but being big and cosmic are two different things. Haney was big but his spot light has dimmed while butch is still stellar.

I don't really know what the differences are between the different swings. Just that his swing now is supposed to be easier on his body. :bulgy-eyes:

Butch hands down!! Pride got in the way of that relationship. Butch blew up after TW. I know some will say he was big prior but being big and cosmic are two different things. Haney was big but his spot light has dimmed while butch is still stellar.

Wonder if they could ever patch things up and get back together. Doubt it but you never know.

Well..both Hank and Butch...let tiger just play the game..they utilized his strengths..and worked on his weaknesses. Sean is redoing the whole thing.. " a golf position man" not a "motion man". With Sean, he is just going to disappear..and get further hurt

sad..

tiger ..please go back and play how you want to play

He did a lot of revamps with butch.. But IMO.. Those were the revamps he needed to win the modern day slam. The Haney swing was impressive too.. Very impressive... And equally successful . I might be eating crow here. .. But Sean just doesn't have what butch or hank do... As far as taking tiger where he wants to go. Again, without him in the thick of things on the tour.. Every event just seems like a " off season" " save your card event" . He was/is the complete deal.. Charisma.... The ultimate thinker... The ultimate winner. Some guys on tour come close.. But will never surpass this guy.. What he has done for the game and the record books..

Off to to go do some sole slam

So did they (butch and Haney) let him play or revamp, I'm confused.

Wonder if they could ever patch things up and get back together. Doubt it but you never know.

Butch has said quit often they could work together because of the progression of TWs swing. If he falls short I'm sure privately he will kick himself for leaving BH

Butch has said quit often they could work together because of the progression of TWs swing. If he falls short I'm sure privately he will kick himself for leaving BH

Butch had sure helped Phil, that's for sure.

Butch had sure helped Phil, that's for sure.

Butch sure has done wonders for Natalie Gulbis.

I'm not sure that I accept Tiger's recent form breakdown has anything to do with a switch from Butch.

I'm not sure that I accept Tiger's recent form breakdown has anything to do with a switch from Butch.

How could you, it's been 10 years. But think of where he'd be had he stayed. 2000-2001 is the purest anyone has played, ever.

But Tiger's short game has become much worse under Foley. I think that's pretty apparent.

I've always felt like Tiger won because his short game was one of the very best of all time. He's never been spectacular at driving the ball but got away with it because his short game and imagination was heads above anyone else. Now, he flops shots 5 feet into the bunker in front of him and just hits "average" chips. He also swings way too hard with his driver and loses his timing. At that point, misses are available in either direction and that spells death for anybody.

Butch certainly could have corralled that for all those years and thus Tiger was successful.

Just my opinion though and I'm far from an "expert" on swings.

How could you, it's been 10 years. But think of where he'd be had he stayed. 2000-2001 is the purest anyone has played, ever.

Sure. But those two seasons don't mean he would have played that way for 13 years after the fact.

I prefer Tiger under Butch, but thr Foley swing DID get Tiger 5 wins last year. It's not like he's been a failure under Foley.
But when you base your season on whether or not you win a major, the last five seasons have been an utter failure. Although he decided that last year was a success even though he didn't win a major!

But when you base your season on whether or not you win a major, the last five seasons have been an utter failure. Although he decided that last year was a success even though he didn't win a major!

Can't really put that on Foley. His swing should have been good enough for the win at Augusta. Hitting the pin basically cost him 4 strokes. Tiger botched the subsequent ruling on his own. All the swing did was cause Tiger to hit the pin he was aiming for.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

I find it odd that Mahan is suffering from back problems too hence his reason for withdrawing from bay hill.

I find it odd that Mahan is suffering from back problems too hence his reason for withdrawing from bay hill.

Get out of my head. I said the same exact thing to GG today.

He's had a very similar golf swing since college. To be honest, I really have no idea what he and foley have actually done

He's changed a ton, arc, plane, stance.

He's had a very similar golf swing since college. To be honest, I really have no idea what he and foley have actually done

Close the clubface and lay it off at the top?

They also destroyed Hunters short game, that was a pretty big change, no?

Sure. But those two seasons don't mean he would have played that way for 13 years after the fact.

It's a pretty safe bet he would have been based on Phil's success. TW had one hell of team around him back then. They actually talked to him and didn't just say yes.

Foley swing is very connected and body orientated. Where BH was more hips and arms/ up right. Haney was more around the body with arms and hips. Foley's move tends to be very connected. Hence the two way miss, always stuck

The main difference to my casual eye is that the Haney swing was flatter. Tiger's body has changed a lot since Harmon, so it's harder for me to compare.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

I have been told than Haney's swing has a lot of arm rotation. So..........I'll go with that.

Big inside out and flip hands over in college and high school. Saw him at pointe of the woods in 1994. He was super super long than... Little wild ... But long as long. A 290 1 iron back than was unthinkable at point of the woods.. Since it plays so so long due to wet fairways .. He carried it 290 with a 1 iron.. Was mind blowing to see that

Back