PING Karsten TR Putter Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP in depth look at the new PING Karsten putter line. Some really good info about the technology available.

http://bit.ly/1rtbn1a

Great write-up Hawk. I do really like the copper finish. Also the price points are pretty reasonable. Did you feel that it was a similar feel to a CB putter with the extra weighting?

Using Tapatalk

Another good one from the Hawkster. Lots of info packed into this one.

Great write-up Hawk. I do really like the copper finish. Also the price points are pretty reasonable. Did you feel that it was a similar feel to a CB putter with the extra weighting?

Using Tapatalk

I wouldn't go that far, mainly because I don't really like CB putters and did enjoy this one. A little extra weight, but nothing drastic.

I love TR, and I love Milled....best of moth worlds right here.

Solid price point and amazing looking finish, nice review Ryan

Great write up Ryan!!! This putter just looks golden, and the thing I like the most is you can adjust it to fit for different players. Pretty smart idea on that part I think.

Great write up Ryan. I love the finishing and the True Roll face.

Good review Hawk. I really like what Ping is doing right now on all fronts. I have a hard time finding 33" putters so an adjustable shaft would be right up my alley.

JB any word on if THP is getting a Ketsch to test? There is a lot of buzz and the local Ping rep said they were super syked.

Solid review Hawk. I'd be interested in seeing some scientific numbers on the TR technology. And that adjustability collar thing is a little funky looking. Any full view pics to see if it actually looks that weird when not zoomed close up?

Solid review Hawk. I'd be interested in seeing some scientific numbers on the TR technology. And that adjustability collar thing is a little funky looking. Any full view pics to see if it actually looks that weird when not zoomed close up?

Check out the video I referenced for my TR info. In the end, even in a perfect environment, there's one big imperfection with human testing for something like that (the human), so the best I could do was just observe what I saw. As for pics, that's the only one I shot of the knob, and yes it always looks weird. Like I said though, it's an afterthought now. Keep in mind that the adjustable version is just an option and they offer this without the adapter as well.

Great review.. Very objective and right to the point!
I think you covered it as much as anyone can do..

Still on honeymoon with my Karsten TR B60 and will be sticking with this one for the foreseeable future!

Great review.. Very objective and right to the point!
I think you covered it as much as anyone can do..

Still on honeymoon with my Karsten TR B60 and will be sticking with this one for the foreseeable future!

Mine will rotate among a few similar shaped putters I'm sure, but it's getting some playing time without a doubt. Just sad to know I'm going to eventually scratch up that sole, but it wouldn't be the first time.

Mine will rotate among a few similar shaped putters I'm sure, but it's getting some playing time without a doubt. Just sad to know I'm going to eventually scratch up that sole, but it wouldn't be the first time.

Do it like the ladies do with their nails: Clear coat it! :alien:

You know, that's actually a pretty good idea!

You know, that's actually a pretty good idea!

Just make sure that you use a clear paint that gets a hard surface. Otherwise it might effect the glide through the grass!

It's actually a convenient way since its easy to remove and apply a new layer.. :)

Had a great round with the Anser 5 TR yesterday. Couldnt miss within 10 feet. The ball just goes where you want it.

Excellent stuff Hawkster, I really truly want to get my hands on one of these, first PING putters I have been interested in for quite some time.

At the price, it's definitely a doable thing James! I would be interested to hear your take on the feel, because it's certainly unique. Not insert and not really a true milled feeling in ways to my ears. Pleasant though.

I like pleasant.

I also like the long neck anser they have available. A lot.

Such a great finish, well done Ryan, looks like Ping has a solid contender with this one!

Such a good looking classic Anser look but with true roll technology added. Throw in adjustable length and you have a great offering. Ping is gonna do really really well with this line I believe.

I think this line looks great, love the copper color with the white face. Price point in Canada is $169.99 which is very good. I tried the Anser #5 recently, liked it but since I have been using my Odyssey Tank #1 indoors for 2 months, found it be to light in weight as expected.

Do it like the ladies do with their nails: Clear coat it! :alien:
That is a really great idea. I think I'm going to try that with my putter.
I'm wondering if the finish will patina over time like the BeCu did.

That is a really great idea. I think I'm going to try that with my putter.
I'm wondering if the finish will patina over time like the BeCu did.

I doubt it since its not a copper plate.

I doubt it since its not a copper plate.
Thats what I was guessing, and unfortunate also. I love the looks of my old anser 2. If I could get that look with the TR tech, That would be so awesome.

Back