Cleveland 588 Custom Driver Review

Can owners speak about the forgiveness? would you say it's forgiving compared to GI drivers; or is it forgiving for a "tour" better players driver?

I'd say that it's a pretty forgiving driver all around, but especially for a lateral miss. I had some BAD swings with this yesterday and still didn't see a crippling amount of distance loss when hit toward the toe and heel...numbers from the Voice Caddie on the range showed my good strikes around 245 yards and my toe misses were getting out there around 230.

I'd say that it's a pretty forgiving driver all around, but especially for a lateral miss. I had some BAD swings with this yesterday and still didn't see a crippling amount of distance loss when hit toward the toe and heel...numbers from the Voice Caddie on the range showed my good strikes around 245 yards and my toe misses were getting out there around 230.

This is huge for me. I usually am a solid ball striker. But my miss is towards to toe. Love minimal distance loss.

Well Mike when I am on the range I was bombing these out probably to 250 when I had a nice swing on the range. I actually am liking this driver better than the amp cell, and feel like it's got more forgiveness. Unfortantley my last two round my driver swing was crap so I couldn't hit anything. But this is one driver everyone needs to try out and if they hit it well I think they will love it. Right now I am going to use my stock regular shaft, which I shortened a inch till demo day. Then I have plans of trying a different shaft with it and see if I can find something better.
Anyone else hit this lately? What kind of distances were you seeing compared to the other new drivers on the market. Seems like quite a few other drivers have been getting the accolades as of late, are people just sleeping on this one?

Well Mike when I am on the range I was bombing these out probably to 250 when I had a nice swing on the range. I actually am liking this driver better than the amp cell, and feel like it's got more forgiveness. Unfortantley my last two round my driver swing was crap so I couldn't hit anything. But this is one driver everyone needs to try out and if they hit it well I think they will love it. Right now I am going to use my stock regular shaft, which I shortened a inch till demo day. Then I have plans of trying a different shaft with it and see if I can find something better.

More forgiving than amp cell is interesting as I had that pegged as one of the most forgiving out there....color me intrigued

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I think that's because my Amp Cell has so much spin with in and the 588 doesn't. So my slices or hooks are more draws or fades. Say that's just me, but right now we got a love hate relationship. I left her in the bag on friday cause she wasn't helping on thursday.
More forgiving than amp cell is interesting as I had that pegged as one of the most forgiving out there....color me intrigued

Thanks coers. I picked one up should be able to hit it outdoors later this week (only launch monitor so far). The past 12 months I have owned or significantly tested the below drivers. I really want something shiny and new to boot out my 2008 Hibore XLS.

Callaway Razr Fit
Cobra AMP Cell
Nike Covert 2.0
TaylorMade R1
Cobra Bio Cell

Thanks coers. I picked one up should be able to hit it outdoors later this week (only launch monitor so far). The past 12 months I have owned or significantly tested the below drivers. I really want something shiny and new to boot out my 2008 Hibore XLS.

Callaway Razr Fit
Cobra AMP Cell
Nike Covert 2.0
TaylorMade R1
Cobra Bio Cell

gongrats on the purchase, you wont regret it, this driver is a bomber

Anyone else hit this lately? What kind of distances were you seeing compared to the other new drivers on the market. Seems like quite a few other drivers have been getting the accolades as of late, are people just sleeping on this one?

I hit it on a monitor (inside obviously) for about 25 swings or so. Consistently longer than most for me in the stock set up. Was as forgiving as advertised. Very excited to game it as I think it will be a game changer for me personally.

Defiantly agree with you there, especially when my swing is down this is defiantly a bomber. Got lessons on thursday to help me get it back where it was.
I hit it on a monitor (inside obviously) for about 25 swings or so. Consistently longer than most for me in the stock set up. Was as forgiving as advertised. Very excited to game it as I think it will be a game changer for me personally.

If you can control that cutter of yours with this then WATCH OUT MC'ers!!!

What kind of spin were you seeing? Pretty optimal numbers across the board?

It would be awesome if one of these was available for demo in NE Wisconsin.

It certainly would along with a lot of others! NE Wisconsin doesn't seem to be on some golf manufacturer's maps.

What kind of spin were you seeing? Pretty optimal numbers across the board?

Yes. Much lower spin than my Amp Cell. But not super low where I would have launch issues

You guys don't have a Dicks Sporting Goods or a Local Pro Shop that Carries Cleveland? I know for me I had to drive half an hour to try them out cause no one around me had them in stock. IDK why when this driver is a beast. Say if you want to drive down to Central Illinois you can give mine a try.

It certainly would along with a lot of others! NE Wisconsin doesn't seem to be on some golf manufacturer's maps.

You guys don't have a Dicks Sporting Goods or a Local Pro Shop that Carries Cleveland? I know for me I had to drive half an hour to try them out cause no one around me had them in stock. IDK why when this driver is a beast. Say if you want to drive down to Central Illinois you can give mine a try.

I have two Dicks and a Golf Galaxy within 30 minutes of my house. None have the 588 Custom or the Bio Cell+.

I have two Dicks and a Golf Galaxy within 30 minutes of my house. None have the 588 Custom or the Bio Cell+.

Wow, that's some crap wonder why that is. Hopefully maybe with the warm weather coming soon they will. I'm really surprised gg doesn't, they usually have everything.

Cleveland 588 Custom Driver Review

Wow, that's some crap wonder why that is. Hopefully maybe with the warm weather coming soon they will. I'm really surprised gg doesn't, they usually have everything.

It is what it is. Sure feels like Cleveland/Dicks doesn't want me to buy this driver. So I found more available options. I'm done buying drivers without knowing what I'm buying.

Which means for this to work for me I'll have to go high launch

I dont think you will have any launch isues with that driver at all.

at 10.5 for me it is launching about 2-3 degrees higher than my cobra AMP, and you could even get the loft up by a few degrees.

It is what it is. Sure feels like Cleveland/Dicks doesn't want me to buy this driver. So I found more available options. I'm done buying drivers without knowing what I'm buying.

To be fair, that's probably on Dick's. They buy/sell. Cleveland would love to have them up there I'm sure. Understand what you're saying though. I wouldn't blind buy like that either.

To be fair, that's probably on Dick's. They buy/sell. Cleveland would love to have them up there I'm sure. Understand what you're saying though. I wouldn't blind buy like that either.

I know it's probably on Dicks. But it doesn't help me want this driver. Even though I'm sure it's amazing.

Come on down and see me. You can try my high launching R flex aftermarket shaft in it.

Back