NBC / PGA Announce Ryder Cup TV Deal

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/n...e-win-fans?cid=pgacomsocial_20140325_20680524

Great news today for fans of the Ryder Cup who live in the United States: The PGA of America and the NBC Sports Group announced that both NBC and Golf Channel will provide live coverage of the 2014 Ryder Cup in its entirety.

The biennial matches will be played Friday, Sept. 26 through Sunday, Sept. 28, at the Gleneagles Hotel in Perthshire, Scotland.

"It is exciting to expand our partnership with the PGA of America through NBC Sports Group's exclusive coverage of the 2014 Ryder Cup, one of the most prestigious events in all of sports," said NBC Sports Group Chairman Mark Lazarus. "Today's announcement of providing complete coverage with the great addition of Golf Channel's exclusive Friday coverage, bolsters our ability to bring this spectacular event to an ever-growing audience. We value and look to continue to grow our PGA of America partnership."

Excellent news, 3 days of nonstop golf, YES PLEASE!

Take that suckas.

blog-johnny-miller-0102.jpg

This is great.

This should allow for some decent online coverage as well.

I know I'll be watching. An event that I want to see as much of as I can.

Ehh, if it means I have to put up with JM him-hawing his way through the broadcast, I guess I can deal. Should be fun to watch

Oh, this make me very happy indeed! Love me some Ryder Cup action.

Excited to see some Ryder Cup redemption. Hopefully the play from the Presidents Cup can continue.

Take that suckas.

blog-johnny-miller-0102.jpg

My ear Drums are going to want to burst after listening ti Johnny for 3 days at lleast it will be covered by NBC and GC well

I think it is fantastic that we are going to get wall to wall Ryder Cup coverage now, which really does make a lot of sense with it's growing significance in the golf calendar (at least as far as viewers are concerned).

What were the money figures?

Likely numbers we won't see for a while. They keep that stuff hush until someone leaks it

who had it before...and why can't I remember that?

NBC still. I think for some reason they would put it on the golf channel till x time and then flip. I can't really remember either

I hope they still use the Ryde r Cup app by itself, because if I have to rely on NBC/Golf Live Extra to not freeze and crash every three minutes I'm going to lose it.

NBC still. I think for some reason they would put it on the golf channel till x time and then flip. I can't really remember either

NBC had Saturday and Sunday of the Ryder Cup for years. The only thing that is changing is that Golf Channel is taking over Friday from ESPN. Here's the story of the deal between ESPN and Golf Channel: http://www.geoffshackelford.com/hom...kes-espn-ryder-cup-rights-trade-official.html

From a pure coverage standpoint, there used to be tape delay for US coverage when the matches were in Europe, so it's a good thing they are getting rid of that.

How is Johnny going to talk about his final round 62 at Oakmont during Ryder Cup Coverage?

Silly me, he will figure it out.

How is Johnny going to talk about his final round 62 at Oakmont during Ryder Cup Coverage?

Silly me, he will figure it out.

No he will drone for hous about the 1976 Open @ Royal Birkdale lets not forget he is a 2 time Major winner

Live coverage of this event is paramount, such a great event for golf.

Great news, I love watching the Ryder Cup. I will likely miss Fridays play but will see all that is available on the weekend.

This is awesome news. I can't wait. I love this event plain and simple. Enough so I may even take a sick day on that Friday! Non-Stop Ryder Cup for this guy? Yessir!

Early morning live coverage on Friday will be sweet. I love the RC and hope our boys show up to play.

Back