Wilson Staff Online Fitting System

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Like fingerprints, every golfer is unique with an individualized swing and approach to the game. With varying setup preferences, ball striking consistency and ball flight control, there's no one-club-fits-all model for selecting irons and woods. That's the idea behind the new and improved twelve-club Online Club Fitter from Wilson Staff.

The Wilson Staff research and development team utilized feedback from in-person custom fittings to list a set of questions that differentiate one player from another. The Club Fitter resulted to accommodate for the wide range of responses.

"This is not a replacement to a scheduled fitting with a PGA professional," explains Global Director of Marketing, Doug Thiel. "We strongly encourage players to get on a launch monitor and analyze the numbers. But this will help players walk into their golf shop aware of their starting point."

The Club Fitter explains terminology throughout the process, and through videos, teaches the characteristics of Feel, Control and Distance players in Wilson Staff's F-C-D fitting system.

Wilson Staff is hosting a sweepstakes on social media surrounding the Club Fitter to engage golfers in finding out if they are F, C or D players. Users can share the equipment recommended to them on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #makeitpersonal. (Example: "I got fit online for @WilsonGolf C100 irons and FG Tour M3 woods/hybrids. #makeitpersonal"). On June 1, three entries - one F, one C and one D player - will be randomly drawn to win their full set and a neXus bag.

Wow that sounds cool. Good job Wilson Staff

Sweet, Ill have to jump over to there site and see what will work with me and my game.

I like seeing these guys make a resergents back into the market. For a long time they have a negative stigma about the quality of their products which has been grossly wrong. For me personally I've always felt somewhat intimidated by some of their lines. Like I was no where good enough to play thier "players" lines. I also thing thier FG Tour irons are absolutely gorgeous. Yet the reality of my game I still feel they're not best for me. But they are sweet looking.

Simple as could be. Done.

Just went through the fit process and I got fit for D100 irons/hybrids/woods.

Seems pretty cool, I just went through it and I must say I'm not opposed to the results hehe. They have some really nice looking stuff this year! The only thing I would change is that it fit me for 3 and 4 hybos and I don't really want to have more than 1 hybrid in the bag.

I just did mine and it came up with, pretty much, the same set I was fit for at ECPC! That's pretty spot-on for a website fitting!!! Very cool!

• Admin
Let them know on twitter that you tried it out. They are a lot of fun and love THPers.

I did this on their site the other day. It is a very comprehensive system. I really like it. Does your whole bag, pretty legit.

The only thing that was funny was on the wedge gaping it seemed off it fit me into a 44 PW and 48 GW that were an extension of the irons said there was a SW but I couldn't find the loft and through in 58W as well. So I'm not sure if that SW is 54 or not.

Based on the fitting I'm a C player.

I did. I post the link to my fitting results and added the hashtag as well. Thanks!!!

This sounds cool. It will be a good pre-fitting exercise prior to my getting a complete bag fitting next month.

That's actually one of the best online systems I've seen. Pretty thorough.

I did. I post the link to my fitting results and added the hashtag as well. Thanks!!!

Don't forget to include @hackersparadise
Haha.

shoot forgot that!!!!! Wish you could edit tweets

I deleted and re-tweeted mine...

That's actually one of the best online systems I've seen. Pretty thorough.

That was really detailed. I quite liked it. It gave me a 7* difference between the PW and GW that I do not think would work well, but it spit out basically the exact same set-up I am looking at going with for the Morgan Cup.

I deleted and re-tweeted mine...

I did the same here...

I was fitted for the D100 Fairway Woods, D100 Hybrids, D100 Irons and FG Tour TC Wedges.

I was fitted for the D100 woods & hybrids and C100 irons. I really would enjoy having that setup. I hit the D100 driver at last years outing an enjoyed it. This fitting also told me that I am getting older, first time being recommended for a senior flex shaft.

That was really interesting and pretty detailed.

I really like when something like this is offered by a company. Will try it out this morning and let them know about it

I was really surprised at how thorough that was.

The Wilson online fitting system put me in the exact irons I play! Now if it could only get more golfers to try/buy their irons.

Back