The Journey To Lake Charles - THP Invitational Trip Diary

Wave to my daughter in Pensacola as you pass by. Wish I was able to make it to LC for this one. Have a great time guys.

As you get up onto the Mississippi River bridge in Baton Rouge, if you look South, downriver, you can see the football stadium in the distance. From there, when you start across the basin, just before Lafayette, keep a lookout underneath the roadway as one can usually see a gator or two! And lastly, y'all HAVE to buy some boudin (boo-dan, don't eat the casing! Only the rice dressing inside) once in Louisiana, when you fill-up! Well, that and cracklin's!!! Enjoy the trip!

How was the drive Ward? It's not hard to drive, just like driving a regular van. It only really gets difficult when the wind picks up or you are between two trucks.

Part that had me the most worried going into it was the turn onto I-10 because I thought it would be sharp and that was nothing. When we switched drivers it was on a shoulder. Waiting to merge into the lane and feeling semis rip by at 70 or so was a little nerve wracking. Took a couple minutes for a gap to actually open up so I could even go

Part that had me the most worried going into it was the turn onto I-10 because I thought it would be sharp and that was nothing. When we switched drivers it was on a shoulder. Waiting to merge into the lane and feeling semis rip by at 70 or so was a little nerve wracking. Took a couple minutes for a gap to actually open up so I could even go

Driving near the semi's is scary, they cause a draft that whips you around a bit so you want to keep a good hold on the wheel. They call it the rocking chair.

Driving near the semi's is scary, they cause a draft that whips you around a bit so you want to keep a good hold on the wheel. They call it the rocking chair.

I moved a bit hahaha.

It's effing cold right now. 51 and we're in shorts. Solid move there

Tomorrow is Invitational #2 and the Tour Van is getting packed up today and hitting the road bright and early. GolferGal will be remaining at THP HQ and hitting the road with me will be none other than Mward.

We will use this thread to post fun things or unique things we see on the road during this rather mundane drive as well as the general musings of this journey. Looking forward to seeing so many THPers in Lake Charles for a wonderful weekend.

20140108_121408-400x300.jpg

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I don't get to meet GolferGal!

Is that a really small house or a really large shed?

I moved a bit hahaha.

It's effing cold right now. 51 and we're in shorts. Solid move there
That is shorts weather!!!

Wind gusts are. Not. Fun. We just moved a good 4ft

Ah, the South. The only place in the country where you can load up your house on a flatbed trailer and take it with you.
...or have your new house delivered!

Wind gusts are. Not. Fun. We just moved a good 4ft
You two stay safe, nasty weather heading through that way up in the panhandle.

Biloxi, MS. We'll be there probably by 3pm at this rate. Making stupid good time

Very nice. Already got your dinner plans made?

LOL, those guys had their dinner plans made a few days ago.

Be careful with the wind, please stay safe both of you!

Reminds us of cruise turbulence if that makes sense. Just bouncing all over the place haha

Back