Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like it will automatically sync every 15 minutes, so I will know in 15 minutes if it works.

Thanks! I am going to check this out too since it's free.

IiRC you can set that differently

Thanks! I am going to check this out too since it's free.

It's view only though even in outlook 2013 unfortunately. Seems Google has completely divorced itself from MICROSOFT platforms.

As much as I hate the keyboard and the inability to expand beyond the 8GB of RAM, I am going with the Lenovo. By the time I build the HP to the same specs it's over $1200 and it will take over a week to get. The Lenovo is available to pick up today at Best Buy, so that's what I am going to do. I have a bluetooth keyboard that I can use when at work, and I will just have to get used to the keyboard when on the road.

Now I am trying to find the best place to download Office 2010 for home and business. Everything I have read says 2013 is terrible. I found this site, but I don't know anything about them http://techsupplyking.com/MCOHBP_002.php.

What is the open source 'replacement' for MSOffice? Someone mentioned it ot me last week and that it was pretty stable.

What is the open source 'replacement' for MSOffice? Someone mentioned it ot me last week and that it was pretty stable.

I got a copy of 2007 so I am set, but what you are talking about is Open Office. It's actually pretty good. I used it a few years ago and it worked well, especially for being free.

I have the subscription model of Office and for $99/year having up to 5 installs and always the latest upgrades is a good deal for me. Same with the $10/month photoshop CC.

I have the subscription model of Office and for $99/year having up to 5 installs and always the latest upgrades is a good deal for me. Same with the $10/month photoshop CC.

It can be great for people. I think it depends on how many machines. Over the long haul, it does cost significantly more since it is just us.

It can be great for people. I think it depends on how many machines. Over the long haul, it does cost significantly more since it is just us.

The one major missing piece is Project for Mac. I really wish Microsoft would finally port that to OS X. I get around that by having a windows VM running and dedicated to my second monitor for that and SQL server. If I didn't need those I wouldn't run windows at all.

I got a copy of 2007 so I am set, but what you are talking about is Open Office. It's actually pretty good. I used it a few years ago and it worked well, especially for being free.

Does it include all of the Office applications? My wife uses Publisher a lot. I typically only use Excel and Word for personal use. The other Office applications I would use, are work related and available on my work PC.

Does it include all of the Office applications? My wife uses Publisher a lot. I typically only use Excel and Word for personal use. The other Office applications I would use, are work related and available on my work PC.

There is no publisher. Word, excel and power point

with #TheKing having a live update thread, I thought I'd go in a different direction with my battery consumption needs for my Galaxy S4. I currently have a ZerLemon 2600mAh battery which lasts me from 7AM - 3 or 4PM before I need to hook it up to some juice (heavy user!). I also have the original battery as a backup. I decided today to go with the Anker 7800mAh extended brick, I mean battery, and was wondering if anyone had an experience with this particular product?

There is no publisher. Word, excel and power point

I had only used it for work and excel so I didn't know if it has publisher, but looks like Niteowl answered that for you.

I don't even know what publisher does.

with #TheKing having a live update thread, I thought I'd go in a different direction with my battery consumption needs for my Galaxy S4. I currently have a ZerLemon 2600mAh battery which lasts me from 7AM - 3 or 4PM before I need to hook it up to some juice (heavy user!). I also have the original battery as a backup. I decided today to go with the Anker 7800mAh extended brick, I mean battery, and was wondering if anyone had an experience with this particular product?

I believe JB had that and liked it a lot. We have had great success with Anker products.

I believe JB had that and liked it a lot. We have had great success with Anker products.

That's great to hear, thanks. I'm trying to get a sense of how bulky it's going to be. I used to have an iPhone with and Otterbox case on it, is it similar to that in size?

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

That's great to hear, thanks. I'm trying to get a sense of how bulky it's going to be. I used to have an iPhone with and Otterbox case on it, is it similar to that in size?

If it's the one I am thinking of, then yes it was pretty bulky and heavy, but he would get up to 2 days of battery life, sometimes even more.

If it's the one I am thinking of, then yes it was pretty bulky and heavy, but he would get up to 2 days of battery life, sometimes even more.

Wow, that's impressive. I'm not going to use it daily, mainly for travel and times I know there won't be an opportunity to charge up.

ZeroLemon battery is a no brainer.. Yes it is bulky and heavy, but 2+ days of battery life is nice.

I had only used it for work and excel so I didn't know if it has publisher, but looks like Niteowl answered that for you.

I don't even know what publisher does.

The Mrs. creates brochures and things that can be converted into "iron ons" for TShirts. The latter assumes you buy the appropriate paper to print on.

somehow my s4 has crapped the bed. Won't boot up past the Verizon splash screen. Have tried a bunch of stuff including factory reset. Not a good time for this to happen as I am on call this weekend for work now with no phone.

somehow my s4 has crapped the bed. Won't boot up past the Verizon splash screen. Have tried a bunch of stuff including factory reset. Not a good time for this to happen as I am on call this weekend for work now with no phone.

It's Obama ' s fault

I know what you mean. I have been having some issues as well like random reboots and it just turning off in my pocket. I have tried to reset it and that seems to work for a while. Might be time to o yell at some people in the Verizon store

Got it fixed. Spent time on the phone with VZW that was useless. Called Best Buy support, that was slightly better but not great. Took it to the Samsung store inside my local best buy and they reloaded the software on it. Took time because it was acting funny but at least its working now. Now I just have to get everything back the way I had it before.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Got it fixed. Spent time on the phone with VZW that was useless. Called Best Buy support, that was slightly better but not great. Took it to the Samsung store inside my local best buy and they reloaded the software on it. Took time because it was acting funny but at least its working now. Now I just have to get everything back the way I had it before.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sounds like the os just got wiped or something?

Sounds like the os just got wiped or something?

It was strange. I was sitting here watching the UK game browsing eBay. Got out of the app and my wallpaper went all black. Things started to lag pretty badly so I went and rebooted. It would never start up and get past the Verizon screen. It was certainly a OS thing. No clue why it all happened.

Been pondering trying a different notebook/ultrabook setup. Have been using a MacBook 13" for over 4 years, so didn't want to go bigger. Finally decided on a Lenovo Yoga 2 13". Enjoying the touch screen capabilities, as well as the different "positions" the device can be used in. The touch screen definitely makes better use of the Windows 8 "standard" interface than a non-touch screen setup.

Sent from my 20344 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back