Bushnell NEO XS GPS Watch Review

Jman...thanks for the replies mate...much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And also what are the white numbers like on a black background rather than vice versa..the blacks nice but not so sure about the colour of the numbers....pity it's not changeable

I like them both equally, I think if you're afraid of glare the black background is the way to go but I honestly haven't had any glare issues at all.

Jman...thanks for the replies mate...much appreciated

Anytime!!

And also what are the white numbers like on a black background rather than vice versa..the blacks nice but not so sure about the colour of the numbers....pity it's not changeable

I purchased the black face with white numbers and didn't really like it. When using as a regular watch (I always wear a watch so I liked I could use this all the time if I wanted) it's kinda hard to see inside and felt I had to tilt wrist a certain way to see it. That said, outside I did not have any issues with the black background/light numbers, with and without my sunglasses on. Oh, also, when the numbers light up they light up green and it's pretty dim. I'm guessing on the one with black numbers the background lights up and I like that better. Hopefully it will be a bit brighter.

I'm going to return it and get the charcoal one with the light background and black numbers just because of personal preference. I too wish it could be flipped.

My digital watches are all light background with dark numbers so that's probably why it's my preference. I didn't realize the one the lady gave me was going to be the other way around.

Getting excited to use this on a golf trip next weekend down in SC and will give my thoughts after that. As far as using it as a watch, it's not that much different than the digital Casio or Timex I have. Matter of fact round face is a little smaller than Casio and about same as Timex and it sits every so slightly higher on wrist barely noticeable. The band however is the most comfortable rubber watch band I've ever had on my wrist. Very flexible and soft. I cannot comment on accuracy yet since there's still snow on the ground here in NJ but will check it by comparing with shooting the laser too. I think they complement each other nicely like Jman mentioned.

Anyone else have thoughts on black background vs light background, comfort/size/wristband?

This would have came in super handy during today's round as I didn't have the laser and hadn't put golflogix back on my phone

<snip> You can use iGolf to change the hazards listed on specific courses to your liking though. <snip>

I have 2 rounds on my Neo-XS. Love it! (I still carry a Leupold GX-1; love it also.) Re the above quote, I'm just checking to see if this is stated accurately. In the two rounds I've played there were fairway bunkers that I'd rather know distances about than other hazards that were displayed. I tried connecting to iGolf last night, but the compy couldn't connect to the watch (detecting, detecting, etc, etc, etc...). I've had some dialog with iGolf today, so maybe I'll get it tonight. Anyway, if I can't customize hazards I don't think I need to connect to iGolf. So, are hazards customizable? For individual holes?

Thanks!

I have 2 rounds on my Neo-XS. Love it! (I still carry a Leupold GX-1; love it also.) Re the above quote, I'm just checking to see if this is stated accurately. In the two rounds I've played there were fairway bunkers that I'd rather know distances about than other hazards that were displayed. I tried connecting to iGolf last night, but the compy couldn't connect to the watch (detecting, detecting, etc, etc, etc...). I've had some dialog with iGolf today, so maybe I'll get it tonight. Anyway, if I can't customize hazards I don't think I need to connect to iGolf. So, are hazards customizable? For individual holes?

Thanks!

That was what was in the information for the watch, I never tried it during testing bc my courses have all of the hazards I want it to. I would sent an email to Bushnell's CS as well, I'd be shocked if they didn't get back to you rather quickly.

Ok, I connected to iGolf on a laptop, and I thought I'd follow up. You aren't able to customize hazards or anything. You only download a course map that I assume is the latest version. Although for such a new product it would seem that the preloaded maps should be pretty fresh.

All charged up and ready for my first round with it tomorrow. Will follow up with a review tomorrow night.

This has jumped up to my ponder list to replace my XGC:
[video=youtube_share;cmCq-Qu2dIM]http://youtu.be/cmCq-Qu2dIM[/video]

Mine has shipped. Scheduled for delivery friday. Which means ill have it for the weekend coming up. #stoked

Expenses are a little tight right now but this is super high on the ponder list. Need to find a sale on these.

I used mine for the first time today. Absolutly a great investment.

The course we played had touchscreen gps and the bushnell was only off a yard or two.

The distance to hazards and end of fairways were spot on as well. Very happy with this purchase.

Used it again today. Extremely accurate and comfortable. Very easy to use and get hazard information. Can keep score. Pace of play. Love it. Wish I had bought one sooner.

My Neo XS showed up today, and I have to say that I am really excited about this one. I have never been a watch OR GPS guy, but seeing so many use it and love it has me changing my mind. Having an easy number front/center/back etc to hit to will definitely be a nice thing to have.

My Neo XS showed up today, and I have to say that I am really excited about this one. I have never been a watch OR GPS guy, but seeing so many use it and love it has me changing my mind. Having an easy number front/center/back etc to hit to will definitely be a nice thing to have.

It'll change the way you approach things, its incredibly handy. Combining it with my V3 has been very very nice.

I bet you will really enjoy it War. In the few rounds I've had with my watch, I continue to like it more and more. I was never a wear a watch while playing guy either.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned or not, I thought I'd quickly chime in and ask...for the people who have used this watch and maybe spray it around in the tee, when you've hit a bad tee shot, and the ball has ended up on another holes fairway, I'm assuming the watch will pick this up? Example, sliced drive on 1st ends up on 9th fairway... Will the GPS then automatically go to the 9th even though I'm playing the 1st?

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned or not, I thought I'd quickly chime in and ask...for the people who have used this watch and maybe spray it around in the tee, when you've hit a bad tee shot, and the ball has ended up on another holes fairway, I'm assuming the watch will pick this up? Example, sliced drive on 1st ends up on 9th fairway... Will the GPS then automatically go to the 9th even though I'm playing the 1st?

No. Not unless you hit it on a tee box, but even then I'd think it would have to be the next tee box. It recognizes tee boxes, which signals it to move on.

No. Not unless you hit it on a tee box, but even then I'd think it would have to be the next tee box. It recognizes tee boxes, which signals it to move on.

Yep, I've played from the wrong fairway a couple times with zero issues of it switching on me at all.

If this is the case, that's great. Is there a way to check for certain?

I've played with the last two versions for almost two years now if that helps. I was in the other fairway a handful of times out two weekends ago unfortunately.

Like I said though. It recognizes tee boxes and greens.

You can manually change the hole with the arrows on the side of the watch and it will tell you what hole you're on.

I want one! But need to check course coverage in the east UK. But looks like its a global database?

Back