Cleveland 588 Custom Driver Review

So reading this I reached out to someone. They contacted me back and said that the Appleton Golf Galaxy has the 588 Custom in stock. Right now and has for the last 2 weeks. They are down to only two drivers left with 9.5 and 10.5 both being there.

So now I am confused.

In case Blu missed it

Where is Blu figured he would be all over this by now? Blu oh Blu WHERE ARE YOU!!!

I bet hes at the Appleton golf galaxy

First range session went ok. The driver although is 305 grams feels heavier than that to me. I liked that when hit out on the toe the ball comes back to the intended line. I also think the club fades less than my gamer but I did have it adjusted closed in the first setting. I struggled a little more in the 2nd closed setting -1.50 plus 1 loft. I had a couple go left on me. I also had to choke down a half inch to compensate for the club length.

I will get out to the range again sunday to work on a consistent ball flight.

He better go out and hit this driver now!!! Someone PM Blue!!

I'll message him..he can't miss out on this bad boy.

So reading this I reached out to someone. They contacted me back and said that the Appleton Golf Galaxy has the 588 Custom in stock. Right now and has for the last 2 weeks. They are down to only two drivers left with 9.5 and 10.5 both being there.

So now I am confused.

Update!

The last time I was in that Golf Galaxy they didn't have any. I try to avoid that store because of how poorly I have been treated there. I did try one of the 588 Customs at the DSG in Green Bay. It sets up beautifully and really feels great. The stock S flex felt a little weak to me and I could do nothing but push fade it. But it is a nice driver head, with a good pairing I could love it.

I hit the 10.5 today. Regular flex shaft, boy was it wobbly, not taking much stock in anything I saw

Update!

The last time I was in that Golf Galaxy they didn't have any. I try to avoid that store because of how poorly I have been treated there. I did try one of the 588 Customs at the DSG in Green Bay. It sets up beautifully and really feels great. The stock S flex felt a little weak to me and I could do nothing but push fade it. But it is a nice driver head, with a good pairing I could love it.

Very similar thoughts dude. A solid stock offering, but ever so slightly weak. At the same time, still controllable.

no need for it really, this thing is launching great.

I am trying the upright setting for now and it seems to help me a lot

This is what I suspect my setting will be

Although it's a nice shaft, I feel like it was playing on the weak side of flex

Totally agree. It is a better made for stock shaft though. Just not right for me. Could I play it? Yes. Which is much better than many. Is there a better shaft for me personally? Yup.

Totally agree. It is a better made for stock shaft though. Just not right for me. Could I play it? Yes. Which is much better than many. Is there a better shaft for me personally? Yup.

I know Cleveland does a decent job of offering alternatives, but I think a bump one flex up could be fun.

This guy was on fire tonight, so nice to have my bomber back. So nice to hit fairways again and have some distance. Will be back at it with Parshooter36 so hopefully he will give this guys a whirl.

got in 9 this morining and it looks to be staying in the bag for the time being. On a extreme toe strike it came back on line 200 yards. On my best drive I had a 255 yard total distance with my 90 to 93 mph swing.

I would not classify it as a long club but I think its more directionally forgiving than an amp cell although the amp cell flys forever on mis hits.

got in 9 this morining and it looks to be staying in the bag for the time being. On a extreme toe strike it came back on line 200 yards. On my best drive I had a 255 yard total distance with my 90 to 93 mph swing.

I would not classify it as a long club but I think its more directionally forgiving than an amp cell although the amp cell flys forever on mis hits.

This will be interesting for me to note. The amp cell was my gamer all last year and I loved it. If this is close to as forgiving it stands to be gamed for a long time.

Took this one to the range today. I may end up just popping it in the bag for awhile to see what comes of it. Feels good and in ways very similar to the XHot for me (balance). Hit it pretty good. Still what I'd call more of a mid to mid-high flight (at most), but the ball carries pretty well, especially considering I was hitting right into a sweet 20mph wind. Toe ball surprised me with how well they still got out there. No big ugly hooks. Lost some to the right with the big push that seems to be my miss right now, but nothing abnormal.

I'll say that it surprises me the closed face doesn't bother me or appear to cause issues.

Took this one to the range today. I may end up just popping it in the bag for awhile to see what comes of it. Feels good and in ways very similar to the XHot for me (balance). Hit it pretty good. Still what I'd call more of a mid to mid-high flight (at most), but the ball carries pretty well, especially considering I was hitting right into a sweet 20mph wind. Toe ball surprised me with how well they still got out there. No big ugly hooks. Lost some to the right with the big push that seems to be my miss right now, but nothing abnormal.

I'll say that it surprises me the closed face doesn't bother me or appear to cause issues.

Remind me what shaft you have in this one? I cant recall but I think it was a mid to high launching shaft? If you had your pick of custom options, would you find something high launching and just go that route?

This is actually the look that I am really excited about. I love that view at address.

Played this driver this weekend and let's just say it has been a fairway finder for me. I am loving it and if I have a mishit on the toe or hill, the ball mostly just fades for me and not to far offline from the fairway. One of the things I will look forward for is the Cleveland fitting and see right where I need to be set with this guy. Yesterday we had 15mph winds and my driver was having a lower flight which was fine with me and still getting out to 220. So I would love to stay what they reccomend for me besides being at 10.5 neautral and stock regular flex shaft. Great driver and I look to see more positive comments coming from this guy.

Played this driver this weekend and let's just say it has been a fairway finder for me. I am loving it and if I have a mishit on the toe or hill, the ball mostly just fades for me and not to far offline from the fairway. One of the things I will look forward for is the Cleveland fitting and see right where I need to be set with this guy. Yesterday we had 15mph winds and my driver was having a lower flight which was fine with me and still getting out to 220. So I would love to stay what they reccomend for me besides being at 10.5 neautral and stock regular flex shaft. Great driver and I look to see more positive comments coming from this guy.

Love this too!! Everything about this driver screams crush me!

That's great to hear man. What do you currently have this guy set for? Stiff shaft, 10.5?

I don't have it yet. I demoed the heck out of it. I will be going with the black tie most likely in xstiff. Probably 10.5, not sure yet on loft.

Sweet man well keep us on the up and up on it. I imagine you'll love it being in your bag.
I don't have it yet. I demoed the heck out of it. I will be going with the black tie most likely in xstiff. Probably 10.5, not sure yet on loft.

Sweet man well keep us on the up and up on it. I imagine you'll love it being in your bag.

Will do. I might not be till the MC in July as I have a stable of others right now haha. But it will be there for the MC.

Back