What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Temps were in the mid 40s, rain started on the 4th hole, and wind picked up at the turn.

That didn't stop me from breaking 80 for the first time this year with a 40/38 for a (+6) 78

hit a ton of fairways but wasn't hitting many greens due to the conditions. However my Wedge game and putter bailed me out. 26 putts with only 11 on the back 9.

Very nice day there Joe.

Thanks James! It really felt good to power through some awful weather and put up a good number.

Thanks James! It really felt good to power through some awful weather and put up a good number.

Dang skippy dude, I know what you mean. When you put up a good one in spite of the weather it makes it that much better. Exactly how I felt Thursday with the damn gale force winds.

Stupid weather.

I shot 46/50 for 96 at Makray Memorial in Barrington, IL. 5 FW, and only 1 green. The temperature when I started was 31 and warmed to 38 by the time I was done. Wind was whipping, and it seemed most shots were into it. Course played very long. I took on the challenge JB posed to MC participants and played a tough course that I had never seen before. 71.4/131 at 6215 yards.

Positives: Despite the cold, I was getting pretty good distance with the driver off of the tee. I could expect 230 yards of carry with no roll out. That should improve with the temperatures. I was doing really well making my 80% swing, and I only lost one drive badly when I swung too hard.
My mid irons and wedges were pretty good on distance, but not so good on direction. I can't count the number of greens where I was pin high but just off on the side. I should be able to straighten that out. I kept the ball in play all day. I think this might be my first round where I didn't lose a ball and I didn't have to take a penalty. That obviously makes me happy. Even the fairways that I missed were, with one exception, just off the fairway.

Negatives: Long irons. I was having trouble with the long irons today. I couldn't get them going all day. Putting. 36 putts, 2 three-putts. Greens where tough, hard and slow, but I was leaving too many putts short.

Bad break of the day. 110 yards out on a par 4. My approach was just short of the green, and probably would have made it on if it hadn't hit a sprinkler cover and bounced 20 feet in the air and to the left of the tee.

I was 4 strokes above my handicap on a new course and tough conditions. I'll take that for right now.

Fit in 9 right after the torrential downpour we had. Shot a 54. Meh. Three snowmen did in my score. 18 putts, 1/7 FIR (bleh). Highlight was a birdie on 4 (par 3) where I put it within 10 feet of the pin and one putted (just after three putting for a double bogey on the par 4 third). I need to get better with my placement, it's just not there right now ... and if I top one more darn ball I am going to scream!

72/131 from 6,580 yards today.
44/42

Not my best effort, but for the second round of the year in 40° Temps I'll take it. Putting was pretty bad. Tee game not very good. Wedges were good. Approaches mixed. Good when I stuck with my game plan and vise versa if I didn't.

Not bad at all dude

Solid day for the second outing Cap'n.

Thanks sir. I'm fine with it. Made some dumb mistakes and it's a course I don't play often. Cannot wait to see some normal conditions.

88 (+17) after a 30min frost delay. 6 GIRs, 50% fairways, 34 putts. Could have been better; could have been worse. Considering the weather I'll take it :)

40-38 for a 78. Not bad considering nothing worked right.

43/40=83
9/14 FWY
7/18 GIR
31 Putts

Feeling rather good about the game right now. Lessons are working just gotta practice more and dial in distances

So maybe there's something to this whole eyesight thing. Played my first round with my new contacts today and it was a revelation. Been well over ten years since I could easily see where my tee shot ended up and it truly incredible.

Anyway, I shot a 37 (+2) today with 17 putts, 5/9 GIR, and 3/6 FIR, with 2 birdies and 4 bogeys. I really had a chance to shoot par today but let it slip away on the last 3 holes. Was +1 going into #7 but left a 25ft birdie putt 2" short then missed an 8 footer for birdie on the par 3 8th. Caught a tough break off the tee on #9 that ended up a bogey and that was it.

The story of the day though was that I really struck the ball well. I was more consistently accurate today than i was at any point last season. Only had one bad miss off the tee and was throwing darts with my mid/short irons. Really have to give a shout to Tadashi and Agent Jay for helping me get my swing in order. It's still a work in progress but I'm in a better place now than I have been ever before. I've got a lot of confidence that ill break par for the first time this season and you two are the reason so thank you both.

My putting did let me down today though as I missed 4 makeable birdie/eagle putts. Could have been an all timer for me but still awesome to put up a good number despite leaving so many shot on the course. Great day!

Well Finally got a round in my my Team Albatross teammate Parshooter36. Had a great time and Andy is a awesome guy. He is defiantly a laid back guy and doesn't let his miss shots get to him. Thanks for meeting up and playing a round with me today Andy.
Well onto my golf game. Well we went to Edgewood Golf Club in Auburn Illinois just south of Springfield, and was really looking forward to a nice sunny warm golf round. Well that didn't happen and it was a cloudy 40 degree round. But we manned up and played golf. I ended up shooting a 101 as you can see below. Starting to really hitting great shots and feeling better about my game. Putting felt better today with only two holes with 3 putts. And chipping was better but still had some topped ball balls that rolled from off the green to back and over it. Need to keep working on that and keep positive. Driver was good but the ball just wasn't traveling for both of us today. Other issues I had were some irons and some shots with the 5 wood when far out. I would try to rip it and grip it but would end up topping it or hitting it fat. Also need to be better on my course management and not try and hit it through the trees for the hole and just put it out on the fairway. But overall had a fun day and learned more about my game and got to see what my teammate had for his. Can't wait for the next round!!!
edgewood.jpg

Myself in the head...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Lol. Put. The gun. Down.

Well Finally got a round in my my Team Albatross teammate Parshooter36. Had a great time and Andy is a awesome guy. He is defiantly a laid back guy and doesn't let his miss shots get to him. Thanks for meeting up and playing a round with me today Andy.
Well onto my golf game. Well we went to Edgewood Golf Club in Auburn Illinois just south of Springfield, and was really looking forward to a nice sunny warm golf round. Well that didn't happen and it was a cloudy 40 degree round. But we manned up and played golf. I ended up shooting a 101 as you can see below. Starting to really hitting great shots and feeling better about my game. Putting felt better today with only two holes with 3 putts. And chipping was better but still had some topped ball balls that rolled from off the green to back and over it. Need to keep working on that and keep positive. Driver was good but the ball just wasn't traveling for both of us today. Other issues I had were some irons and some shots with the 5 wood when far out. I would try to rip it and grip it but would end up topping it or hitting it fat. Also need to be better on my course management and not try and hit it through the trees for the hole and just put it out on the fairway. But overall had a fun day and learned more about my game and got to see what my teammate had for his. Can't wait for the next round!!!

I had a great time too Andrew, hopefully next time it will be warmer!

Shot a 46/46 for a 92. Beautiful day for golf. The best way to describe is to say my misses were smaller. Cut down on outta nowhere slices, 25 yard fat shots. Struck my irons and full shots with my wedges better than I have, I think ever. I still have a lot of work to do, especially with chipping and putting (darn you, aerated greens!) to get my putts per hole under 2 again. I fix my 3-putts, and I'm breaking 90. All told, just a big improvement for me with my full swing.

I think the big part is that right now, when I have a mishit, I can identify why. I've got my swing pretty well-grooved to where, when the ball does something I don't want it to do, I can pick out why, and correct it with the next shot. Makes for a much calmer day on the links.

44/38 for an 82, best of the season so far by 12 shots.

Nine bogies, a triple and eight pars. First round with the Tour Preferred CB's. Gotta dial in the distances, they are all over the place right now!

Shot a 44/44/88 in the morning. And a 40/45/85 in the Afternoon. Very wet course after last nights rain. Was getting worn out at the end of the round walking in the sloppy fairways, and double bogeyed the last two holes. My best shot of the day came on 13. 260 to a creek, so I hit an easy Bertha 3 wood that went 250 yards. It felt like an easy swing, but I hit it flush, it took off hi and straight. Only time all day I didn't mind a plugged lie from a drive. Only twenty eight putts in the afternoon. A lot of second and third shots just on the fringe,

Shocker of a 104. If the middle section of the round had been a horse, it would have shot. Two 9s never help.
First 3 ok, hit some good shots on the last 3, the 12 in the middle were X-rated horror show. But I know what went wrong and at least my wedges are coming good, hit some beauties from within 50 yds to set up 6 single putts.

So not ideal gamewise but came away with positives and played in terrific company so all good :)

2014-03-30%20card.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back