Playing golf in the rain...on purpose

Germerican

AngryYankee
Reaction score
Handicap
23.8 USGA
So I have a fever, and the only prescription is more golfing.

It's a soggy weekend here and I am really wanting to go out and play at least nine. My clubs have seen nothing but range mats, my surgery recovery went really well and I am able to do more strenuous activities, and I bought some goodies today that I want to play with. It's supposed to be light rain all night and will last till Monday morning.
It's not going to stop me. If my course is open, I just might play some wet golf just to get outside and do something.

I went out today to get 9 in hoping the rain would hold off. It started to rain after the 3rd hole. It was ok but the last 3 holds were kinda dicey. I felt like the club was going to fly out of my hands.

Go for it dude. Played plenty of rain golf.

Go for it dude. Played plenty of rain golf.

I have a small rain-free window (according to the wearer reports) where I can sneak in 9. Going anyway.

As long as it's not pouring I'm good to go. You riding or walking?

Just make sure you put a 1 iron in the bag. If lightning starts take Hogans advice and hold it up In the air "Not even God can hit a 1 iron"

As long as it's not pouring I'm good to go. You riding or walking?

I'm a walker. Should make for an interesting day.

I have played rain golf. But not on purpose!

I'm ok with playing in the rain as long as it's not pouring. I tried in the pouring rain and it was just miserable playing wise.

I played the last round of our Member-Member Tournament last Sunday and the high temp was 42 with rain. I also got in 9 holes after work on Friday and it rained steady for the last 4 holes.

I have gone out in the rain knowing it will clear before the end of the round

I live in the Pacific NW, I have played plenty of rain golf. In fact, I am playing some (most likely) rain golf tomorrow. Like Hawk said, if it's not pouring I'm ok with it.

I live in the Pacific NW, I have played plenty of rain golf. In fact, I am playing some (most likely) rain golf tomorrow. Like Hawk said, if it's not pouring I'm ok with it.

Yup! you'll be playing in the rain. I'd even put money on the wind showing up too. I can handle one or the other...but can't stand both together. Really hate paying to play in miserable conditions. Have fun man!

Thanks! I agree, I'm not a fan of both rain and wind. Not supposed to be too windy
tomorrow so there's hope. As far as paying goes, I'm very lucky, I work at a golf course during the summer and they are nice enough to let me play for free most of the time.

Man I remember the days playing in the rain, especially after a long winter lol. Sometimes you have to just scratch that itch and get out there rain and all. Have fun!

It's a no go. Bethpage is shut down today.

Bethpage is closed today, looks like a will be going to the range this afternoon to get a little practice in

Golf with rain is better than rain without golf.

I'm with you CH. Plus the course is usually empty.

I'll play rain golf no problem, as long as it's not an absolute downpour. Been caught in a few brief downpours which isn't a problem, but steady heavy rain is no fun.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I don't mind playing in the rain as long as it is light rain, warm and no thunder/lightening.

Is that the only course you can play on?
(says the guy that can't play today)

Eisenhower closed as well :crying:

Edit: Brentwood is OPEN!

I will play in pretty much anything, but there is a point where I won't go out to play. If I am already in the middle of a round and a monsoon starts up, I'm finishing the round.

I find using a Clicgear with the umbrella actually keeps me quite dry even in a downpour. The worst is riding a cart in the rain because the seats get wet when you aren't in it and then you are forced to sit in the water once your towels get soaked.

I enjoy playing in the rain. I cant explain why but its just so much fun for me plus the courses are usually not as crowded if rain is in the forecast.

Back