I love my Nespresso, think it needs service but still makes great java

Service? I have never had one need service, so I would call them ASAP. Great customer service.
Although today it is merely the Keurig. Might have an espresso here shortly though.

Anyone recommend a grinder? We are on our second one (over about 10 years) and it wasn't working right on Sunday. Maybe they do not last more than 4-5 years. This one is a Cuisinart and does a good job, but I'm guessing it is about done.

I've never so much as sipped a drop of coffee. I dont ever plan to either.

...Feel free to tie me to a stake and throw stones at me, coffee lovers :D

I've never so much as sipped a drop of coffee. I dont ever plan to either.

...Feel free to tie me to a stake and throw stones at me, coffee lovers :D

My bud Spencer doesn't touch the stuff either. I will never understand why, but i respect his and your decision!

Got set up with a manual drip pot and some Kenya AA bean from a local roaster. I have by far the best coffee on campus.

Im simple, whole bean regular Eight O Clock coffee, beans ground fresh for every pot

I buy my beans raw from all of the different growing regions. All are free trade, many are organic. I roast my beans in the garage using a heat gun a pound at a time. Very simple and very inexpensive way to enjoy outstanding coffee. A burr grinder makes a big difference as opposed to a blade grinder. I use a Bonavita coffee maker which gets the water to temp. quickly AND it looks normal for a reasonable price.

Time for my 3pm cup

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389906292.973229.jpg

Open lid

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389906325.271793.jpg

Pour it!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389906349.488475.jpg

Delicious

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389906390.005625.jpg

Ohhhhh coffee!!!

I have an assortment of different ways to make coffee and a Jura Ena 9.

Enjoying some Kona straight from a friend in Hawaii.

Had some Starbucks Special Reserve Kona yesterday.. $4.15 for a tall and it was pretty ok, but not worth over 2x the amount of money.

Starbucks has this thing now called the clover and it tastes pretty good, it's like a reverse French press where the water is sucked through the grinds. It removes some of the bitterness they say, I enjoyed it.

I just can't get myself to really enjoy coffee. I've had it a couple of times and to me it just tastes awful. I guess it is an acquired taste.

Speaking of which I need to stop and pick me up some coffee!

Starbucks has this thing now called the clover and it tastes pretty good, it's like a reverse French press where the water is sucked through the grinds. It removes some of the bitterness they say, I enjoyed it.

Sounds pretty good. Think I might need to try that one.

Not all locations have the machine but I'd bet the one down the block from your store has one. They're pretty good Ryan, just different tasting.

Black Magic will grow some hair on your chest.

Not all locations have the machine but I'd bet the one down the block from your store has one. They're pretty good Ryan, just different tasting.
A moka press? I bought one and a grinder off Amazon the other day, will be here tomorrow. They are awesome.
MokaPot2.jpg

It's springtime, and that means cold brewed iced coffee for me. My favorite way to drink coffee - the clover (either at Starbucks or a few of the cafes that had machines before Starbucks bought the company) is a close second.

I'm not a coffee drinker, but GE is coming out with this bad boy. Pretty cool idea:

http://gizmodo.com/ges-new-fridge-has-a-keurig-coffee-machine-built-right-1679284319

Spoiler

GE's New Fridge Has a Keurig Coffee Machine Built Right Into the Door

You can complain about the quality of the coffee they produce all you want, but now that those pod-based Keurig hot beverage machines come built right in to GE's new Café French Door refrigerator, they aren't going to disappear anytime soon. And if you think the Keurig machine is the greatest thing since sliced bread, you can now reclaim some valuable counter space the next time you upgrade your fridge.

GE's Café Series fridges were originally introduced back in 2013 and were one of the first to feature a programmable hot water dispenser built right into the unit's side-by-side french doors. And because at its core a Keurig is essentially just a hot water dispenser (it's the K-Cups that really do all of the 'brewing') it was a logical next step to integrate the machine right into GE's new Café French Door fridge.

From a distance it's actually hard to tell the new version of the fridge apart from the existing models because the Keurig brewer is just a small plastic accessory that opens to accept a pod, and then snaps into the front of the Café French Door fridge's water dispenser. As a result, the addition of the Keurig functionality doesn't change the fridge's dimensions or diminish its capacity in any way.

Where you will see a difference is with the Café French Door's user-interface on its built-in LCD display. Once the Keurig accessory has been snapped into place with a pod inside, the fridge will provide the same beverage size options that you're presented with on a dedicated Keurig machine. So to brew up a mug of coffee or tea you just select small, medium, or large, and then use a dedicated dial to start the hot water flowing as an added safety precaution.

Available sometime closer to the fall of this year for $3,300, GE's Café French Door fridge actually sounds like it will be one of the most advanced Keurig machines you can buy—not surprisingly. The water it uses is purified before it's dispensed, which will certainly help improve the taste of your hot beverages. And the fridge can even be remotely controlled from an app, letting users schedule times for when the water is pre-heated so it's immediately ready to dispense when you roll out of bed in the morning and need every bit of assistance you can get to face the day. [GE]

w7s1wc3iasceq5dlqr3s.jpg

xgwdlgson8odrpxek4d9.jpg

Dumb question here. I'm not a coffee drinker as such. However, I like to mix it in with my chocolate Protein shake for some caffeine and extra flavor in the morning as a meal replacement option from time to time.

My question. Is there any instant coffee that's good, but not bitter that I could use, that you recommend? I'm using Folgers right now, for what it's worth.

Dumb question here. I'm not a coffee drinker as such. However, I like to mix it in with my chocolate Protein shake for some caffeine and extra flavor in the morning as a meal replacement option from time to time.

My question. Is there any instant coffee that's good, but not bitter that I could use, that you recommend? I'm using Folgers right now, for what it's worth.

I hate instant haha. I grind my own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate instant haha. I grind my own

I get that. I'm just not a coffee drinker. On the flip side, I LOVE the smell of fresh brewed coffee.

Could I use ground coffee in the same manor? Could I grind some up and throw it in my drink and have the same effect, or does instant "dissolve" unlike the ground version you use with the coffee pot?

I get that. I'm just not a coffee drinker. On the flip side, I LOVE the smell of fresh brewed coffee.

Could I use ground coffee in the same manor? Could I grind some up and throw it in my drink and have the same effect, or does instant "dissolve" unlike the ground version you use with the coffee pot?

Instant dissolves. Grinded needs a filter. I mean I guess you could try it- if you have s really strong grinder and blender. I do think they are quite different though.

I don't think it would dissolve much though

Well, I've stayed away from coffee for almost 45 years, with an occasional Starbucks caramel macchiato over the last few years but that might be coming to a change. I've usually used energy drinks (Rockstar zero, Monster zero) as my caffeine start for mornings but needed to find a better alternative.

Came across this recently: Papua Coffee A non acidic coffee without the chemicals. Brewed one today (Papua Cinnamon) with some stevia and I'm a fan. Will be trying this out for awhile for sure.

Back