#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

If I hit a 7i on the first tee what does that leave me into the green? Oh...nvm.

You will still be nervous. Something tells me that there just might be something similar at #TheKing

Didn't have shaky hands in the MC!

You will still be nervous. Something tells me that there just might be something similar at #TheKing

I would be concerned if I was not feeling some sort of nerves on the first tee

Button down the hatches on the ole woodshed.

You got that right! Hmmmmm I never teed off with a putter but the thought has come to my mind. :D Teeing off with a bunch of old guys who can't even remember where their own balls are is different than a big event like the King!

the very first person in the very first group will have it the worst i would think...after that it should get progressively easier...unless every drive up to you has been smoked, in which case the pressure will just continue to mount.

the very first person in the very first group will have it the worst i would think...after that it should get progressively easier...unless every drive up to you has been smoked, in which case the pressure will just continue to mount.

Its the same. Think about standing around waiting. Watching group after group go off and then your name is called. The pressure is crazy across the board. And there will be bad shots. There are always bad shots.

Pull hook, shank, or piped down the middle; that first shot is going to be special to me.
I wish it was tomorrow.

It can certainly effect people differently. At the HHI invitational I was completely fine while half the groups teed off. My nerves started once I placed my tee and started my first practice swing. No shakes but enough elevated heart rate & tension to cause a pull drive that almost went OB.

Its the same. Think about standing around waiting. Watching group after group go off and then your name is called. The pressure is crazy across the board. And there will be bad shots. There are always bad shots.

I totally understand & commend the support & camaraderie on the 1st tee, but if there are 8 groups teeing off and I am not in one of the 1st few groups, I am on the range staying loose.

I totally understand & commend the support & camaraderie on the 1st tee, but if there are 8 groups teeing off and I am not in one of the 1st few groups, I am on the range staying loose.

Suit yourself. I'm cheering on my teammates and swinging 2 irons together on and off to stay loose.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Pull hook, shank, or piped down the middle; that first shot is going to be special to me.
I wish it was tomorrow.

This is QOTD material.

Suit yourself. I'm cheering on my teammates and swinging 2 irons together on and off to stay loose.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

no worries....I am sure not many will agree w/ me

I'll be on the first tee watching everyone tee off. It's been a huge part of the fun at every THP event I've attended. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

I'll be on the first tee watching everyone tee off. It's been a huge part of the fun at every THP event I've attended. Wouldn't miss it for the world.
I can't wait to see the coverage of the first tee shots, it'll be the most nervous some of you have been ever and then such a relief after it's over I'm sure!

Made it out to the range yesterday for the first "spring like" day we've really had up here. Worked the partial wedges for about an hour using the random mode on the Swing Caddie. Getting there with these shots. Also spent half an hour chipping around the practice green. I want my short game to be sharp in case I'm having any issues at all with the tee game or iron game.

Also snuck out mid day today to a local dog track to get in some on course swings. Came away with an 82. Started off slowly without a warm up but picked up steam with a 40 on the back including a birdie and better tee game. Didn't lose a ball with was a bonus.

Less than 4 weeks and I'm trying to jam as much practice in as possible. Those first tee jitters are just around the corner. I can't wait to get this thing going!

I'm excited to head out tomorrow after work. Going to try and get a quick 9 in.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

I'm excited to head out tomorrow after work. Going to try and get a quick 9 in.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Same for me. I got 15 in last week...but it's supposed to rain here so hopefully there's no traffic getting in the way and I can play a full 18.

Biig day at Lane Creek Thursday!

Biig day at Lane Creek Thursday!

It's action time as we prep for our big events coming up. I'm playing tomorrow at my home course with three Morgan Cuppers. AtlGolfer, flog2424, and vman are coming out tomorrow and we're teeing it up at 1:44 with the temps in the 80's. Looking forward to a great day with my MC buddies :blob::bananadance::golf2::guitar::golf:

Got in another "JB Challenge" round today. Went to a course I've only played once before. Played tees that stretched me at 6,497 yards. Shot 39/42 for 81. Was really a solid round but continued to have issues with blowup holes. Had 2 birdies, 11 pars, 1 bogey, 2 doubles, 2 triples. Had 4 penalty strokes in the round. I need to work on the mental side of handling a bad shot like a penalty stroke. I think I press myself on the rest of the hole instead of just playing like I was on previous holes.

Positives from the round - solid putting (30 putts with one 3-putt). Solid tee shots with Driver hitting 12 fairways. 50% scrambling.

Have a lesson tomorrow which I'm very excited about. Looking forward to getting swing and mental tips from my teacher and tightening up my game for #theking.

International Hole #4, a shorter Par 4. Big waste bunker to the right of the green.

CGInternational4_zpsd71a088a.jpg

Nice easy hole to settle you down after the 1st three.

Little added pressure on the first tee with Harry and Chad watching.

Back