What golf stuff did you buy today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 3 ATV wedges arrived today from GlobalGolf. Very excited about getting on the course with them. They scream confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put in a bid on a SC100.

Thanks to the Odyssey Tank thread, I purchased a 38" Tank versa off the Bay. Man, I sure hope either of my SeeMore M5 or SB1 headcovers fit the Tank or I might be sleeping in the pumphouse. :beat-up:

GRW-Buckleedit_large.jpg

MON-Buckleedit_large.jpg

WHT-1.25_large.jpg

Oooh neat. What brand?

Got a head cover for my pro type milled #3. Also, received my atv lob wedge.

Sent from my Note 3

So much for that fitting...

Huh? The 10.5 head wasn't available at the fitting but Gerrit said it would be a better fit for me. Unfortunately he didn't know when exactly the 10.5 would be released.

Huh? The 10.5 head wasn't available at the fitting but Gerrit said it would be a better fit for me. Unfortunately he didn't know when exactly the 10.5 would be released.

What setting did you have the 9.5 at? I see that your Signature says you had it at 11 degrees. Was that what the 9.5 was at or is that what you are setting the 10.5 at? I havent spent any time with the Alpha truthfully so I dont even know how much of a loft adjustment is on it.

What setting did you have the 9.5 at? I see that your Signature says you had it at 11 degrees. Was that what the 9.5 was at or is that what you are setting the 10.5 at? I havent spent any time with the Alpha truthfully so I dont even know how much of a loft adjustment is on it.

I had the 9 maxed out to 11. Alpha has the same adapter as the standard Bertha, so it's 1 down and 2 up.

Even on the neutral setting I was having issues squaring the club face - resulting in too much right to left ball flight. I hit it with my instructor and a fitter at another shop and they both said that some people just can't square the face of adjustable clubs as well as others. So being able to just have the 10.5 sit square at address for me would be a big help.

Gotcha.

Trying to gain a bit of launch?

I had the 9 maxed out to 11. Alpha has the same adapter as the standard Bertha, so it's 1 down and 2 up.

Even on the neutral setting I was having issues squaring the club face - resulting in too much right to left ball flight. I hit it with my instructor and a fitter at another shop and they both said that some people just can't square the face of adjustable clubs as well as others. So being able to just have the 10.5 sit square at address for me would be a big help.

Thats pretty cool. I have a 10.5 BB and thats where I am good at so I dont really concern myself with the adjustments as much so I honestly didnt know about the 1 down 2 up.

Gotcha.

Trying to gain a bit of launch?

Yes in the sense that even at 11 degrees I was launching low (with right to left movement) because I wasn't consistently able to get the club face consistently square. The adjustment from 9 to 11 closes the face and I was just incapable of getting the club to sit square and/or get the club square at impact in my downswing.

The 10.5 without any adjustments will give me just a more consistent setup and thus a more consistent launch and ball flight.

Thats pretty cool. I have a 10.5 BB and thats where I am good at so I dont really concern myself with the adjustments as much so I honestly didnt know about the 1 down 2 up.

Are you going to get a fitting before the MC? Do they offer the 12.5 head in LH?

Yes in the sense that even at 11 degrees I was launching low (with right to left movement) because I wasn't consistently able to get the club face consistently square. The adjustment from 9 to 11 closes the face and I was just incapable of getting the club to sit square and/or get the club square at impact in my downswing.

The 10.5 without any adjustments will give me just a more consistent setup and thus a more consistent launch and ball flight.

Thats scary because I have seen you hit the ball a mile.

Broke down and got the 18* x2Hot Pro Hybrid this AM. Should have it by Monday

Are you going to get a fitting before the MC? Do they offer the 12.5 head in LH?

I am getting a full fitting for the MC. They do not offer 12.5 in LH. I had my Amp Cell at 11 last year and it was launching way too high so I set it down to 10 and it was much better. 10.5 on the BB has been good to me so far in limited time. I am very curious as to what shaft and what loft I will be fit into.

Broke down and got the 18* x2Hot Pro Hybrid this AM. Should have it by Monday

I have one that you can us-- rent this afternoon.

Heh. That club is addictive.

Had a $20 gift card from GolfNow to use on the Srixon/Cleveland website. Got two dozen Q-Stars for just over $30. Went with the yellow.

Aldila tour green FW pull. Stocking up for my post house purchase plans. :D

I pick up a new Cleveland Classic 290, still in the plastic yesterday. I should have it Saturday. Im not even sure I want to hit it. Ive just loved the look of it so much since it came out that I had to buy it when I saw it so cheap!

I pick up a new Cleveland Classic 290, still in the plastic yesterday. I should have it Saturday. Im not even sure I want to hit it. Ive just loved the look of it so much since it came out that I had to buy it when I saw it so cheap!

Such a great stick. Looks, feel, everything.

Be sure to post some thoughts after you hit it.

Once I get the nerve up to it I will...haha! Honestly I have my Old reliable Cleveland Hibore Monster XLS and a brand new Ping G25 in the bag at the moment. The XLS I can hit a mile and the G25 Im still getting used too. Who knows, I may love the Classic more than both...hummmmm....haha!

Bought 7 of these at 5.99/ea from RockBottomGolf. These might be the only glove that really fits my hand the best. FJ and Nike fingers are always just a tad too long
mizuno-golf-mlh-bio-flex-golf-glove-6.gif

2014-04-03%20eseries.jpg

I like the E6, was looking to try 5 and 7, got a hundred mixed 5, 6, 7 for just a little more than a dozen new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back