Voice Caddie Swing Caddie SC100 Review

For the cost though, it's a heck of a product.

Its damn good for the cost, I can safely say I would buy one. I honestly would.

I think also it needs to be remembered this is a doppler system meant to be portable and easy access to info, its not going to be as precise as a multi thousand dollar full launch monitor...though don't we wish.

For what I've seen in every range session and on course use I have had it out on, it does its job incredibly well, I stand by that.

Totally agree. Its clearly not going to be perfect at its price point, and overall i really like it. Just providing what I found with my own review. Maybe crappy range balls play some part in it, since thats what I was using. But when I watch a ball hit very close to a flag, which I then hit with my laser to be 100 yards, but the device shows it went 90, its worth noting. especially as it happens time after time.

Guess I was more pointing out I dont think someone should take this to be the end all be all for knowing their distance. but its a very useful guide for many things.

It has become a serious ponder as of late

I liked it quite a bit last night. I'm pretty sure it's going on the old bday list

I think also it needs to be remembered this is a doppler system meant to be portable and easy access to info, its not going to be as precise as a multi thousand dollar full launch monitor...though don't we wish.

For what I've seen in every range session and on course use I have had it out on, it does its job incredibly well, I stand by that.

I should clarify that I'm not expecting it to be as accurate as a LM but I wanted to compare so I could note that if there was a consistent distance discrepancy between the 2 I could account for it with the SC 100 in my daily use.

The other thing I forgot to mention is I never had 1 issue with the device picking up a reading as some other people have had. It literally picked up every shot I hit. Like someone above mentioned (and thank you to them for the tip) when I hit driver, I put the device on top of my laser behind the mat so I didnt hit it, had no issues picking that up either.

It really is an extremely impressive product overall, especially for the price. Would definitely purchase it again.

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on this one.

Been working with the SC100 on swing mechanics the last few nights. What I'm trying to do is smooth out my quick transition without losing swing speed and ball speed. This device is tailor made for this type of swing change.

For the first 15 minutes I was losing 15-20 yards while pausing a bit at the top and trying to start my acceleration later in the swing. Took a good hour till I even got close to 10 yards off. I eventually quit for the night and picked it up again last night while doing a couple other club tests. After about 20 minutes of ingraining the new feeling I'm back close to my old numbers.

Just another part of your game the SC100 is useful for. Now just need to work on using this same swing on the driver!

Been working with the SC100 on swing mechanics the last few nights. What I'm trying to do is smooth out my quick transition without losing swing speed and ball speed. This device is tailor made for this type of swing change.

For the first 15 minutes I was losing 15-20 yards while pausing a bit at the top and trying to start my acceleration later in the swing. Took a good hour till I even got close to 10 yards off. I eventually quit for the night and picked it up again last night while doing a couple other club tests. After about 20 minutes of ingraining the new feeling I'm back close to my old numbers.

Just another part of your game the SC100 is useful for. Now just need to work on using this same swing on the driver!

That's a great point Christopher and something I often feel like I am suffering while on the range. Guessing on distances is rarely a good thing, and grooving a swing that feels good but in reality is missing the mark is something I'd like to avoid.

Just another sample of how this unit will allow people to practice with a purpose.

It has become a serious ponder as of late

Same here, it sure looks like a useful product at a reasonable cost.

Mine arrived today! And wouldn't you know the weather isn't going to cooperate for me. My next time out will be on Sunday morning for 9 holes, so likely won't pull it out then to distract me from warmups. But I'll get at least one practice session in next week.

And as a sidebar, if anyone wants that $25 gift card from gadgetsforgolf, PM me and I'll mail it to you. Not sure that you can use this on eBay though (it says for use on his own web site), so no idea how that would affect buying one of these from this guy.

Mine arrived today! And wouldn't you know the weather isn't going to cooperate for me. My next time out will be on Sunday morning for 9 holes, so likely won't pull it out then to distract me from warmups. But I'll get at least one practice session in next week.

And as a sidebar, if anyone wants that $25 gift card from gadgetsforgolf, PM me and I'll mail it to you. Not sure that you can use this on eBay though (it says for use on his own web site), so no idea how that would affect buying one of these from this guy.
I asked and they said it was good online only, not e-bay. Still, nice gesture by you.

I couldn't wait to play with T4K's so I dropped the hammer.

I really want to play around with one of these. Still trying to decide whether to get this or the Z6 range finder. Both are on the want list. Just need to make a decision on which to pick up first.

I really want to play around with one of these. Still trying to decide whether to get this or the Z6 range finder. Both are on the want list. Just need to make a decision on which to pick up first.

Let's have a range session next week somewhere between us....I have both items you are pondering.

Let's have a range session next week somewhere between us....I have both items you are pondering.
I have both as well, and for me, I'm more excited about the thought of hitting the range with my SC100 than I am about hitting the course with my Z6. And this is coming from someone who in years past HATED the driving range. That whole practice with purpose thing....

I have both as well, and for me, I'm more excited about the thought of hitting the range with my SC100 than I am about hitting the course with my Z6. And this is coming from someone who in years past HATED the driving range. That whole practice with purpose thing....

Haha, the short game scoring mode has made my practice time a hell of a lot more fun, and I spend more time with the clubs I should be in the first place, the scoring ones.

Haha, the short game scoring mode has made my practice time a hell of a lot more fun, and I spend more time with the clubs I should be in the first place, the scoring ones.
Exactly. With the first flag at the range usually being 100 yards out, it's impossible to know for sure what distances you're actually working on. And honestly, you're the sore thumb if you're flopping wedges 1/2 way to the first sign. Inevitably I end up pulling the big dog after a bunch of shots that went who knows how far; and then accomplishing nothing.

The random and target modes on this thing will be worn out by July. It's the area I NEED the most work, and until this thing showed up, an area I was lost as to how to work on it.

Exactly. With the first flag at the range usually being 100 yards out, it's impossible to know for sure what distances you're actually working on. And honestly, you're the sore thumb if you're flopping wedges 1/2 way to the first sign. Inevitably I end up pulling the big dog after a bunch of shots that went who knows how far; and then accomplishing nothing.

The random and target modes on this thing will be worn out by July. It's the area I NEED the most work, and until this thing showed up, an area I was lost as to how to work on it.

I'm with you 100% there brother.

I need to use the random mode more, make practice time keep me on my toes, I tend to forget about it.

I'm with you 100% there brother.

I need to use the random mode more, make practice time keep me on my toes, I tend to forget about it.

On the random, does that only go up to 100 yards? That's what I seemed to experience last night. Was kinda hoping it would bounce from 53y to 138y in random but I never saw it go above 100.

On the random, does that only go up to 100 yards? That's what I seemed to experience last night. Was kinda hoping it would bounce from 53y to 138y in random but I never saw it go above 100.
I read the manual last night and that's kind of what I remember. For some reason I have 40 to 90 yards stuck in my head. You could always do target mode, and change the distances randomly with the remote.

I read the manual last night and that's kind of what I remember. For some reason I have 40 to 90 yards stuck in my head. You could always do target mode, and change the distances randomly with the remote.

Think I saw 95 & 96 last night.

And that's exactly what I did - went through target mode at 135, 160, 200 and then started hitting driver...measured me at my best with 233 carry. Curious how far it will capture driver to.

40-90 seems like what we were getting on Tuesday. Was a bunch of fun.

Think I saw 95 & 96 last night.

And that's exactly what I did - went through target mode at 135, 160, 200 and then started hitting driver...measured me at my best with 233 carry. Curious how far it will capture driver to.
300 is the max I believe. I hit ddec's covert 279. *shivers*

Back