WITB With Greg Sabella (Callaway & Odyssey Golf)

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
http://www.callawaygolf.com/more/witb-with-greg-sabella/?gcid=tw&socid=1015

[h=1]What's in the Bag?[/h]

///////////////////////////////

[h=2]Greg Sabella[/h][h=2][h=3]@GregSabellaCG[/h][/h]

[h=3]Director of Marketing / Odyssey Golf & Callaway Golf Ball[/h]
[h=1]A few words from Greg…[/h]

///////////////////////////////

[h=4]A. Big Bertha Driver[/h]
Big Bertha Alpha 9*, neutral setting.
"The Gravity Core is in the up position which is producing good launch and spin numbers. Shaft is a Project X LZ14, 6.0 at 45.5 in."
[h=4]B. Big Bertha 3 Wood[/h]
Big Bertha 15* S/N setting on a Mitsubishi Fubuki Zeta Stiff Shaft.
"It replaced an X Hot Pro 15* that I played all of 2013."

[h=4]C. X2 Hot Pro Hybrid[/h]
X2 Hot Pro 18* on Aldila Tour Green Stiff.
"I've never been a great hybrid player but this club has become a new weapon in my bag. Great shape, great feel, awesome distance."
[h=4]D. Apex Pro Irons[/h]
Apex Pro 4-AW on Project X PXI 6.0, -1/2 in.
"One time at the range with Apex Pro Irons, and they were in the bag. They feel soft, allow me to hit all types of shots, and they're LONG."

[h=4]E. Mack Daddy 2 Wedges[/h]
Apex Pro 51* & Mack Daddy 2 Wedges, 58*, 64* on Project X PXI 6.0, -1/4".
"My wedge gapping is strange, but works for the shots I hit. I chip exclusively with the 58* and use the 64* from the bunker"
[h=4]F. Metal X-Milled VERSA #9 HT Putter[/h]
35" and has 20g weights in the sole.
"I swap putters a bit (part of the job). This putter fits my stroke and the Versa alignment is a big confidence builder at address."

[h=4]G. Speed Regime 2[/h]
"I'm playing the new SR 2 and couldn't be happier. I've added distance off the driver and the spin around the greens is fantastic. It's a softer Tour ball, so the chipping and putting is the biggest surprise."

bag.jpg

[h=4]A. Valuables Bag[/h]
"I bought this during my first trip to Augusta National in 2008. It was an unbelievable experience and one I'll never forget. I use this to hold ball markers, divot tools and my watch/money during the round."
[h=4]B. Odyssey Divot Tool[/h]
"This thing is so sharp it could be classified as a weapon. I've used it for about 10 years now, as much out of habit as anything."

[h=4]C. Jambox[/h]
"I like to listen to music on the course so a good speaker is a must. I listen to a variety of music, so depending on the day, it could be a country mix, a reggae mix or old school rap."
[h=4]D. US Navy Challenge Coin[/h]
"I got this from a Navy Chaplain while playing in a Marine Memorial Tournament at Camp Pendleton. I was honored to receive it and always have it in my bag. It was the inspiration for the Callaway and Odyssey coins we do and I carry a stash of coins in my bag for people I meet on the course."

[h=4]E. Black Lab Driver Head Cover[/h]
"I bought this head cover at Indian Wells Resort in 2000, right after we got our first dog, a Black Lab named Divot. She has since passed but this is a great reminder of a great dog"
[h=4]F. Fishing Pole[/h]
"Golf course lakes hold some huge bass, and if the golf pro allows it (I always ask) I will break this out in between shots or if play is slow. I keep a small tackle box with worms, hooks and weights, so I'm always ready."
more.jpg

Pardon me, but what the hell is this?

cover_zpsdfc7e37d.png

Just saw this on facebook.

Really cool idea. Callaway with another cool, but simple concept to allow the average person to get to know the people who make and market the products we buy.

Love the Daphne's Black Lab cover. I have my C.J. Dog Boston Terrier by them. They make the best headcovers out there.

Love the pain fill on the MD2 wedges

and I have to think there arent too many WITB's out there with a fishing pole

I wonder what is in between B and C? Used gum, old band-aid, lucky rock? I have no idea.

I see some coins that I'd kill to have. Also, that cover on lockdown is absolutely bad a$$. Omg!!!!

The putter cover might be the coolest one I've seen yet

What are the dice for?

Some awesome photography and I really REALLY want that putter cover.

I like the fishing pole

Pretty cool story about the Navy Challenge coin being the inspiration for the Callaway series of Ball Marker/Coins.

That Top Secret putter cover is so freaking awesome. Love it!

This is pretty cool. I really like that putter cover. Maybe something coming out soon? It does say top secret on it....

I LOVE the putter head cover Greg!! How sweet is that one?? Oh man. Very cool.

Love the putter cover and fishing pole. Great way to kill time when it's slow.

This is awesome! Love the WITB. Would love to tee it up with Greg at the #TheGauntlet

I played with Greg the 2nd day of The Grandaddy (my good luck was responsible for him shooting 65) and just like he says in the article, he mad sure everyone from THP that played in his foursome got some ball markers. Just a great guy and a very good golfer.

Very nice setup Greg!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

The more new callaway stuff I see the more I think they have the best stuff out at the moment.

Love that Callaway (and THP) have adopted challenge coins from the military. They make for great (if somewhat loud) ball markers, and are just heavy enough in the pocket to let you know they're there. I don't think I've set foot on the course this year without one.

Greg's setup is top notch. Love the stamping on the MD2 wedges.

Putters under top secret putter covers are obviously top secret. Just seemed kinda obvious to me.

That is one sweet looking bag.

Back