The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New logo seems kind of creepy

You guys see this one?

BkRAesAIIAASaw6.jpg

Whatever you do, don't touch the helmets. Best in the game.

I think that distinction belongs to Michigan...or Delaware lol

Hate the new FSU logo. MUCH prefer the old one

I think that distinction belongs to Michigan...or Delaware lol

Hate the new FSU logo. MUCH prefer the old one

They play football up north? :alien:

Whatever you do, don't touch the helmets. Best in the game.

Don't turn on the intents for a while, Nike got ahold of the helmets, too.

Nothing good can result from that...

I read the official university response. Mostly about reproducibility on merchandise and logos and the field logo etc because the old head logo was too difficult to reproduce through embroidery, paint, etc. the new one is more streamlined to eliminate those problems. They had grown concerned that the spear had become the symbol of the program instead of the head and that's what spurred the look into the change. Hmmm.

Nike selling more merchandise is what spurred the change, is what I'm thinking. It'll be interesting to see tables full of new logo merch at the spring game next to empty tables where the old logo stuff sold out.

Nike selling more merchandise is what spurred the change, is what I'm thinking. It'll be interesting to see tables full of new logo merch at the spring game next to empty tables where the old logo stuff sold out.

You are probably right, when was this change announced? I was in Tally last weekend and my sister and BIL did not mention this to me at all.

OCR is investigating FSU for Title IX Violation.

Someone at a Walmart put a shirt with the new logo out early and a picture made its rounds on social media, followed quickly by a firestorm. They were planning on releasing the logo on the 11th.

Someone at a Walmart put a shirt with the new logo out early and a picture made its rounds on social media, followed quickly by a firestorm. They were planning on releasing the logo on the 11th.

College tshirt at a walmart breaks a story. There's an SEC joke somewhere, but I'm still too busy picking up pieces of my broken heart from Pasadena to make the joke.

OCR is investigating FSU for Title IX Violation.

Title IX violations?...that sounds a lot more serious than ncaa violations.

Title IX violations?...that sounds a lot more serious than ncaa violations.

They'll lose some federal funding and the only sports who will suffer are ones you never hear about. Sad really.

Title IX is a joke and has outlived its usefulness, just like unions.

Same thing happened up here at Michigan State with a new logo and even a new green color. Let's just say the backlash was so great that they just made the green color universal throughout the sports and ditched the logo. Same can happen here if FSU unites for it.

Not only does Kingsbury work his magic with the single moms, but he's got game!
Kingsbury_medium.gif

Tough news for the Tigers.

Tough news for the Tigers.

Weren't there rumors that he was going pro anyways?

Weren't there rumors that he was going pro anyways?

Couldn't go until after next season, I think. He was a Freshman this past year.

Edit: just looked it up. He's a soph

Does DGB go to Louisville or Auburn now?

Does DGB go to Louisville or Auburn now?

If Auburn didn't have that new JUCO WR on campus already, I'd say bring him on down to the Plains. We'd rehabilitate him.

If Auburn didn't have that new JUCO WR on campus already, I'd say bring him on down to the Plains. We'd rehabilitate him.

That is funny stuff there Josh.

That is funny stuff there Josh.

I'm ok with being the SEC halfway house.. especially if it wins SEC Championships (and the occasional NC). We're not BYU :alien face thing that I can't do on Tapatalk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back