Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter Preview

Not a bid situation to be in though!

I've never gamed a mallet putter for an extensive period of time so the #6 seems more comfortable. However I really like the #7 and have had some success with it on the practice green.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

GregDan, it is a beauty, great pics, thanks.

I've never gamed a mallet putter for an extensive period of time so the #6 seems more comfortable. However I really like the #7 and have had some success with it on the practice green.

kc720 has a #7 for sale in the market place for a nice price.

Oh baby!!!!! This this is more beautiful in person than I remember. Just need a SuperStroke 2.0 Midnight to top it off.

That's a sharp looking #9 tpluff.

Oh baby!!!!! This this is more beautiful in person than I remember. Just need a SuperStroke 2.0 Midnight to top it off.

And I hate you. Haha. I'll have mine soon enough. It looks so good.

Another one, damn you guys I'm jealous! I do want to know how you guys like the weights. Keep me posted if you try the heavier ones I've always been curious to how the #9 would feel over 340

Another one, damn you guys I'm jealous! I do want to know how you guys like the weights. Keep me posted if you try the heavier ones I've always been curious to how the #9 would feel over 340

I can tell you that I don't care for it at the heaviest weight. I prefer the 15g weights in both and it feels perfect. That is just me but I have tried almost every combination of weights and the standard just felt the best.

I have the 10g weights in because the greens at my home course are incredibly slow and it helps the pace of my putts, but I will go back to 15g when in season conditions come around. Haven't experimented with the heavier end, but I really don't get along with heavier putters in my experiences. I'll make a point of it to roll some putts tonight with the 20g in and compare my impressions.

Awesome thanks guys. So just to clarify the 15s are in stock making the head 350g right? That's already 10 more than my protype which I think I'd like. We'll have to see how the heavy ones feel in there. Might be too much

Nice, I'm really liking it so far. Going to the course on Sunday, not sure which putter to bring, but leaning towards the MXM Versa.

Should come up and play mountain view with me early Sunday morning!

You MXMv guys are killing me! Awesome looking putters.

Should come up and play mountain view with me early Sunday morning!

Wish I knew, heading over to Talamore in the early afternoon.

Im holding out hope for a #6 Versa MXM. I love the flow neck of the MXM model.

I need a MXM versa 330m!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I play the 20 gram weights, at 33" I feel it is a very nice balance with this set up. I am taking four putters tomorrow to test before the round, so I hope to get some results on a real green to work with.

I play the 20 gram weights, at 33" I feel it is a very nice balance with this set up. I am taking four putters tomorrow to test before the round, so I hope to get some results on a real green to work with.

You have the #9 right?

Ahh there we go. Nice that's exactly what I was curious about. I need to roll one of these already! Thanks for the info

Yes, I'm slightly obsessed with the #9.

I'm becoming obsessed with the #7 myself. Trying to clear out some extra $$ and get the Versa MXM... I had the 20g weights in and it was a touch heavy. I still rolled it well but something was a little off. I put in the 10g weights and I'm hitting the practice green tomorrow if the rain stays away.

Oh yes. Can't wait to get this out on the course.

231B6391-62B1-4327-B1A2-A37F7DAB1602_zpsibuhkytl.jpg

Back