Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter Preview

GregDan

#DreamTeam
Reaction score
Handicap
So Odyssey golf just announced that the new Metal-X milled will be released to retail on Jan. 17th. Who's excited to roll one and who plans on putting one in the bag?

After spending some time with the #9HT I know one will be in my bag as soon as possible.

Some pictures from the site.
mxm-3.jpg

mxm-4.jpg

mxm-7.jpg

mxm-6.jpg

#9HT
mxm-11.jpg

mxm-10.jpg

Last edited:
Should be a good seller for them. They look great I'd say. Not sure I'll spring for one as I'm pretty happy with my current Metal X.

I'm usually an insert guy, but watching the video, Greg says the milling acts much the same as an insert does.

I wouldn't mind trying one!

After spending some time with the #9HT I know one will be in my bag as soon as possible.

You and me both! Rolled it better than my gamer at ECPC. When does Summer come?

I'm usually an insert guy, but watching the video, Greg says the milling acts much the same as an insert does.

I wouldn't mind trying one!

CJ, it really does. The milling is deep and I felt it acted just like the insert I was used to, probably even more to my liking. It's a hit with me.

To get it it the right, new thread...I'll quote my post with the video from the Odyssey thread.

Just watched the Callaway/Odyssey Talks video on the Metal X Milled. Definitely a neat conglomeration of previous model features. That #6 is beautiful.

I want the #7, and I'm not a mallet guy.

I cannot wait to get to roll these eventually, I'm a HUGE supporter of the MX face tech and the roll it puts on the ball.

The video kicked ass too, LOVE hearing things about feel worded in the manner that I think.

James the #7 is AWESOME. I rolled about 25 putts and it's going in my bag immediately

AND the 330M and Big Rossie. Yes. YES!

Also, this kicks ass.

Screenshot_1_zps64f5f5d2.jpg

Gorgeous putters, the look just screams at me to buy it.

I would love that #1 in my bag.

Is the #1 also a high toe?

Pretty sure I read on here that the initial Metal X wasn't too successful. I LOVE mine and it'll be in the bag for many more years. I hope this version gets more people rolling Metal X!!

Also, this kicks ass.

Screenshot_2_zpsf64a1154.jpg

I have a lot of thoughts on this.

One of them is "awesome."

Does anyone know if they will offer a #1w? That's my current putter and as much as I try other putters, mon kick it out of the bag.

Tapping away on my iPhone

I'm digging the MetalXMilled #1. I'm currently using the White Ice #1 and love it, but I'm looking forward to giving this one a go.

The #1 and #9HT are my faves.
Why are putters so addicting? I only have a couple, and want at least 3 more that intrigue me!

Last edited:

Also, this kicks ass.

Screenshot_1_zps64f5f5d2.jpg
i rolled both if these, they feel awesome! I'm torn on which one to get. Leaning hard towards the Rossie right now. Hard! They are sweet!

The #1 and #9 are my faves.
Why are putters so addicting? I only have a couple, and want at least 3 more that intrigue me!

I know it...putters are the one club I can barely stand to part with the old ones when I get a new one.

I was not a fan of the MetalX but these....a few had great feel. #9HT was my favorite by a large margin. Heal shafted putters are not a good for for me but I rolled so many solid putts when I demo'd it. I can't wait to bag it.

Last edited:
Love, love, LOVE the look of this line! The #7 and #9HT are beauties. Must roll.

I can definitely see myself purchasing my second variation of the #7

I love these, but I'm sure they will be on sale by the end of the season, so I don't I rush out to get one.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

I love these, but I'm sure they will be on sale by the end of the season, so I don't I rush out to get one.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

they are not making a ton of these as Greg said. The other thing I will tell you is that Callaway has really refined the art of a semi limited production. There are no more of this year versions of 3deep to be shipped. What's out there is what is available. They are getting out if the business of over producing equipment. Smart business

Keep Calm and Golf On.

These will not go on sale I can almost bet on it

Back