Sox takes number 2 with a birdie.

Toad's tee shot on 6 found him a US Open lie.

nenupume.jpg

My tee shot on the same hole found one a little worse.

mu8e5yse.jpg

Nasty looking rough there! Great stance also.

We all survived Kinderlou. At Cheddars now for a little post round feast. The golf wasn't bad and the company was even better. All I can say about the round was thank goodness I opted for the m7. It was money the majority of the round!

Well, THAT was a frickin blast. Played pretty well. Hit some good on-demand shaped tee shots and some even better recovery shots when one strayed. If I could have putted better, it could have been a great scoring day.
Ended up going 43-41. More importantly, playing with Greg, Jim, and DP was awesome.

PS Kulbick doesn't give 3ft gimmes at all.
aqaqa3av.jpg

If by 3 feet, you mean 5 feet, you're right. You want a birdie from more than a couple feet, you gotta earn it.

If by 3 feet, you mean 5 feet, you're right. You want a birdie from more than a couple feet, you gotta earn it.

[_____]

18", Amirite?

Glad you guys had fun. Really glad the weather cooperated. Hope I can make the next one.

Wore a flat bill for you DawgDaddy.
u9azynaz.jpg

Awsome round today, not the best scoring round for me as I couldnt buy a putt today.
However the 5 some that played together ate every par three there was. Hopefully some of the guys post the pics..

A really great group..every single one of them. Cant wait for the next one

Wore a flat bill for you DawgDaddy.
u9azynaz.jpg

Looking good Jax!

Glad you all had a good time and next time I will be in attendance. Dawg and I are planning on putting together a Jeykll Island Fall Georgia/Florida Get Together
:thumb:

Looking good Jax!

Glad you all had a good time and next time I will be in attendance. Dawg and I are planning on putting together a Jeykll Island Fall Georgia/Florida Get Together

I'm in.

Looking good Jax!

Sounds good to me.

Sounds great!

We thought it would be a ton of fun to have a coastal Georgia/Florida wingding on the island where everyone can stay in the same hotel, golf, and dine out etc. Play golf Friday/Saturday/Sunday if ya able. Lodging Friday & Saturday night.

We thought it would be a ton of fun to have a coastal Georgia/Florida wingding on the island where everyone can stay in the same hotel, golf, and dine out etc. Play golf Friday/Saturday/Sunday if ya able. Lodging Friday & Saturday night.

Sounds like one heck of a wingding to me!!! :thumb:

Sounds like one heck of a wingding to me!!! :thumb:

It really can be a ton of fun. We use to have our golf course members association go to Jeykll every year in the Fall. It was a yearly thing where we had a tournament on Saturdays. I would like to see us have something like this where everybody that wants to come will have the opportunity to participate.

Made it home, great day with new friends.

The course was great, my putting was awful, most approach shots left short and the majority of the drives not where they were suppose to go. But still a great experience. I'm in for Jeykll Island, later in the summer I will check out Streamsong for a group rate. Might be a interesting option.

Made it home, great day with new friends.

The course was great, my putting was awful, most approach shots left short and the majority of the drives not where they were suppose to go. But still a great experience. I'm in for Jeykll Island, later in the summer I will check out Streamsong for a group rate. Might be a interesting option.

Keep us posted on this Streamsong group rate deal!

Sure will, the winter rates should be changing soon, but from what I have heard they do not discount much. It is about 30-45 minutes from the house. Next week I will ride down and do some recon and ask some questions. Toad made a amazing shot from the worst side hill lie I have ever seen and did it with style.

Looking good Jax!

I'm listening...

What a great track. If I lived closer I might not play anywhere else. Perfect amount of elevation change to stay interesting for this coastal flatlander. Much slower greens than expected - I'm sure that won't be the case in three weeks. Hope some of the web.com event gets televised so we can see it. Got off to a rough start, +6 after four, but only +1 the rest of the front. Repeat on the back - +9 through four on the back, +1 the last five. Go figure. 43-46 - 89 with a nice sandy on 18 to save the sub-90 round. A second crack at it would go better as we learned the hard way where NOT to hit some shots - more than a few blind tee shots and some slopes to kick towards hazards that you can't tell from the tee, etc. Either way, it may now be my favorite course that I've played so far.

Some pics! Approach on the 2nd hole - the only five minute stretch where the rain jackets came out

13654874073_07367361c2.jpg

That blasted quarry area on #4 (Golferbest and SoxFan got to see it up close and personal)

13654881563_2bbab9aec3.jpg

Jeremiah getting ready to try to make it 5 for 5 on the par 3 fifth hole for GIR

13655205994_c72d51c518.jpg

We had the pin surrounded...
13655208104_b41258fa41.jpg

3/5ths of the second group heading uphill on #10
13654866885_b45b5f83f7.jpg

JaxGolfer1 getting ready to try to make it 5 for 5 on the par 3 15th hole... pulled it into the left bunker but made a great up and down from there.
13654877625_fddbb78dae.jpg

This Bearritz green design on 16 really gave us fits, but I've been told the tee shot really fit our eyes well...

13654914553_4e92bf7707.jpg

Par 3 17th - what a tiny, tiny green. I can only imagine playing it from the tips with some wind on a Sunday afternoon with a tournament on the line..

13654886415_8fec8d3669.jpg

One last uphill approach on 18 with a foursome of THPers waiting behind the green to applaud any approach shots that are close to the pin. There was no clapping today, ha

13654888715_64c4a7a332.jpg

And last but not least, the group us-ie

13654890965_a8eb5f4660.jpg

We definitely have to do this again in the fall maybe. I think a semi-annual Kinderlou THP meet would be great.

Back