What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
43/47 90 at Kinderlou near Valdosta, GA. First time seeing the course so I'm very happy with that score. Some good shots, some bad shots. Really, really nice course. Good layout and great condition.

36/39 for a 75. Very satisfied my round today, driver was hot but I did have some mishits on my approach shots that were stupid mistakes.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

43/43 86. I was on pace for a better round but I fell apart on 17 and 18. Damn fescue and pot bunkers!

Yesterday was a disaster...first round of the year that counted, a ugly 47/45 92, triples galore and too many 3 putts to count.....conditions were brutal, cold and extremely windy (35mph gusts), couple that with playing a difficult course and there you have it.....first time I can remember in a very long time that I shot over 90...playing again this afternoon hopefully to get that bad taste out of my mouth

First round of the year....here we go!

uzynuna6.jpg

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Multi quoting like a fool but these all deserve it!

39/37 - 76! New personal best by 2 shots!

27 putts with only 5 GIRs. Full recap later, headed out to celebrate with drinks!

Great round and congrats! That's some great golf!

41/39 = 80
8/14 FW
10/18 GIR
32 putts
4 doubles
4 birdies

Took first place in my flight, won 3 skins, and closest to pin on par 3 (4 feet from 140).

Great day on course but this couldn't easily been a 75. Work to be done.

Nice round cookie! And 4 birdies? Look out singles Sunday!

PB of 80 today. Morgan Cup I am coming for you.

Very nice round Trevor! Looks like the lessons are paying off and the scores are getting lower.

40/39
50% FIR
33% GIR
33% Scrambling
28 Putts
2 Birdies

It was an ugly 79 from 6300 yards. 40°, though sunny at least. Ball didn't want to go anywhere. Really fought my swing all day until the last three holes. Wedged and putted very well and the two birdies came in the last three holes to make it look better than it really was. Brought out a new driver and that was a disaster. Straight up home course 79.

Finally started getting myself in shape at the end and finished strong, so there's hope.

Great job Hawk! Way to battle and not let yourself get down.

45/42=87 42/42=84 43/46=89
For the first time I played 3 rounds in 1 day. From tee to green I could not have hit the ball any better than I did, its my putting that killed me as usual. Surprised at how well I was hitting the ball during the third round because I was running on fumes.

43/43 86. I was on pace for a better round but I fell apart on 17 and 18. Damn fescue and pot bunkers!

That's not a bad round on that course man, well done!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

An absolutely horrible 95...compounded by a combination of factors

First and the worst was my swing was completely off today - I struggled everywhere with every club

Second thing that didn't help was the conditions, very windy but very wet ground so you were never entirely sure what the ball was going to do when you played your shot

Fortunately the putter kept the score from being worse despite the greens having been recently spiked (which we were informed about)

The only good thing to take from the round were a few approaches that stuck within a foot of where they landed and gave me a few half chances

Mental note to self - never take the offer of an earlier tee time if it means missing out on warming up at the range...that really killed me today stepping onto the first tee cold in the conditions we had

Yesterday was 41/43, for an 84. 32 putts, 12/14 FW, and 7/18 GIR.

Blow up holes and mental mistakes continue to do extreme damage! My three wood left me yesterday and for the life of me I can't figure out why I kept pulling it out of the bag! I doubled three of the four par fives bad bogeyed the fourth. That's freaking 7 shots right there and these are holes I usually count on for pars at this course. At least three of them anyway.

Positives - FIR continue to go up with the Bridgestone driver. I think I will be looking for a 5.0 shaft though. On the first outing with the True Balance putter, I am impressed. More on that in the TB Putter thread later. Hybrids were money and a big confidence booster during the round. I know, I should have been pulling those instead of the three wood! :banghead: Tee to green on the Par 4's was a little better than it has been.

What needs work? That darn 3 wood! Also, while the shot of my round was on a par three that resulted in birdie, no other pars on the three's. That hurt as well. Irons were better, but still some loose shots.

Im pi$$ed at myself because this could have been a great round. Back to work....

b5d5dc8af896626a0ab50e9ba76f6d4e_zpsc33d43ee.jpg

+7 43 on a new course to me. Slope was 138. Hit 4/7 FWS, 3/9 Greens. Course knowledge woulda helped on a few holes But I am really happy for my second round of the year. Sub 10 is not too far away.

39/39 for a 78 (+6)

Just a solid round. Bogeyed the first hole and bounced back with a birdie on 2

Really had another solid day driving the ball. Double bogey on 12 after I bladed a lob Wedge over the green but bounced back with a Sandy for par on 13.
1 3-putt and 6 1-putts. (31 putts total) on greens that were punched 5 days ago is good by me

Shot an 83.....46/37 on Friday. The first 9 killed me obviously. Chipping and putting did me in on the first 9. Time to go practice!!

An ugly 48 today. 3 more 3-putts, and 1 penalty. Two of the 3-putts from not trusting my reads and making last second changes that would have fallen had I trusted my reads. On the positive side I had a sand save from my first bunker of the year. Overall a decent ball striking day too.

I scrambled my face off today. Windy and colder for this area, I didnt have high expectations..

Went out in 38, came back in 34. All this with only 8 greens... 26 putts...

That was a ton of fun. First sub par 9 of the year.

I scrambled my face off today. Windy and colder for this area, I didnt have high expectations..

Went out in 38, came back in 34. All this with only 8 greens... 26 putts...

That was a ton of fun. First sub par 9 of the year.

That's a crazy awesome round with 8 greens. 26 putts is lights out!

First round of the year....76 with two doubles, two birdies and 27 putts. I'll take it!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Great round, Dan!

I had a very frustrating day on the course. Putting and short game continue to be abysmal. I hit the ball well enough to go under par today easily. I could not make a putt, had multiple 3 putts, and could not get up down from anywhere. 76 +4.

Great round, Dan!

I had a very frustrating day on the course. Putting and short game continue to be abysmal. I hit the ball well enough to go under par today easily. I could not make a putt, had multiple 3 putts, and could not get up down from anywhere. 76 +4.

+4 is alright man!!! Room for improvement = Spicoli low in the future.

Sorry we couldn't connect. Played Farmstead and had a blast. Hard pondered the 7,242 tees until a gust of wind almost took me off my feet hahaha!

Home of the 767 yard par 6. Good stuff.

+4 is alright man!!! Room for improvement = Spicoli low in the future.

Sorry we couldn't connect. Played Farmstead and had a blast. Hard pondered the 7,242 tees until a gust of wind almost took me off my feet hahaha!

Home of the 767 yard par 6. Good stuff.

I've never played there. 767 is legit. I don't think I've ever played a par 6 before. We will play one day. It was a little windy here today--but not nearly as bad as last week.

That 8th...yikes

95, 49/46. Driver was not its usual self today, greens were punched and irons disappeared on all but one par 3. The good news was my short game, course management and approach shots I was happy with.

It was a higher slope course in a lot of slop on a course I haven't played in years so I'm fine with the score. Just need to get some work in with the driver.

As an aside that only me will find interesting, the 17th is a par 3 of 190. Last time I played here a couple years ago, I hit a 2h, which ended up short in a deep bunker. Today, I hit 4i to the front of the green. Don't know why, but I measure my progress on how I perform on certain holes. I haven't carried a 4i in my bag for almost 7 years, so I like to see it as a little improvement with my ball striking.

Taps away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back