What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Pitted the Hex Chrome against the Pro V1 today...and didn't see much of a difference. V1 was a little longer off the tee, over all, but both of them took well to iron shots into the green. I think I liked the feel of the Chrome off the putter a bit better, but that might have been some inherent Callaway bias creeping in. Either way, the Hex Chrome continues to be an AMAZING value, and plays as well as any other tour ball I've used. I'll be sticking with it for a long time, I think.

Good to hear. The Chrome is my gamer along with the B330-RX and I have always wondered if I needed to grab a sleeve or two of the Pro V1 to see what all the hype is about. Think I'll stay with the Chrome for now with the price tag.

My last ball I played was a Bridgestone E6... didn't lose it from hole 1 to hole 18.... Did great off the tee and around the greens

My last ball I played was a Bridgestone E6... didn't lose it from hole 1 to hole 18.... Did great off the tee and around the greens

Thats awesome. Always a good feeling.

Played my round today with the bridgestone B330 and it just reaffirms how much I love them.

I don't feel like I am losing out on anything despite what it offers me in reduced spin, and I think the cover durability rivals any other ball.

Played my round today with the bridgestone B330 and it just reaffirms how much I love them.

I don't feel like I am losing out on anything despite what it offers me in reduced spin, and I think the cover durability rivals any other ball.

Did you play the new or old model? Have you compared them together on the course?

Did you play the new or old model? Have you compared them together on the course?

Haven't played the new ones yet buddy. This was the '13 model I believe.

I believe they are quite similar, will some improvements to ball speed in the hydro core.

Last round was with the Nike Rzn Black. Really like that ball! Good off all clubs, plenty of green side spin, didn't notice any unusual sounds off the putter. Held up on a pretty windy day for me also, which is always a challenge. Sounded like a golf ball should, which is a change from last year. All in all, I liked it quite a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SliceO: You might consider giving the Duo a try. A bit better around the green, but still has the distance and a soft feel. However, if you equate soft with squishy it might not be your cup of tea!

Played the Nike RZN Black exclusively for 3 rounds in Orlando. Sounded and felt nothing like the 20xi series, which is a huge plus. Didn't notice any major distance gains and I was pleased with the amount of green side spin. Durability was good and they had a nice feel with the putter. Still need to give the new B330's a try, but I'll definitely game these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z-Star Tour Yellow. At 40°, it just didn't do much for me on full shots, but short game was the best it's been this year.

Z-Star Tour Yellow. At 40°, it just didn't do much for me on full shots, but short game was the best it's been this year.

Probably my favorite golf ball. The tour yellow looks so good in my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Probably my favorite golf ball. The tour yellow looks so good in my opinion.

Nobody really comes close. Hell, the new version doesn't come close to the original imo. I'm using the old ones. I think I'll save them for warmer temps though.

Nobody really comes close. Hell, the new version doesn't come close to the original imo. I'm using the old ones. I think I'll save them for warmer temps though.

I bought like 4 dozen SL this winter when the price dropped, all tour yellow!

Played the penta tp3, and down to my last few from stocking up last year. I love this ball, long enough off the tee, iron shots feel great, and can really get it to hop and stop on the green with good wedge and short iron approaches. Just ordered a couple dozen more, but not sure what I'll do when those are gone.

At Kinderlou with THPers Saturday, I gamed a Srixon Z-Star SL (yellow). And I do mean A Z-Star. I used the same ball for every shot, all the way through the round.

I found it quite pleasant off my driver and 3W and the iron shots just felt,...dare I say it? No, I won't. I got plenty of distance off the woods, it went straight when I wanted it to, and I was able to pull off two on-demand draws around some corners, as well. It checked up plenty well enough, a couple of times, maybe too well, as I don't think I saw the release I'm used to, or I was just making better contact on a superior playing surface. Putting felt great, and I didn't feel like I had to make major stroke adjustments to compensate for anything coming to a new ball.

I ended up shooting 84 and was quite happy with that, and in the end, there was only a very minor, small, scuff on the cover.

Today played the Srixon 2 piece soft ball. Great ball didn't expect they would be exceptional but for my swing style they really are. Great on course and around the green. Very similar I think to the Duo with maybe a little less softness on the actual skin of the ball. I'll definitely be using it again. On a bit of rotation at the moment with the Srixon Soft, Wilson Duo and the Callaway Supersoft. All really great balls. The Callaway might be a little too soft but all 3 I would be happy to use every day if I hadn't tried the others.

Played the X2Hot balls for the last 2 rounds. I like them alot. Really remind me of the QStars for some reason.

Played the Callaway Supersoft on a colder morning round today. Love it. Really struck the ball well today.

Srixon Z Star XV today. I really enjoyed playing them for a decent portion of 2013 and they work well from all around the golf course.

That's what I played today as well. Really good ball plus acadamy had last years model for 19 a dozen, needless to say I loaded up on them

That's what I played today as well. Really good ball plus acadamy had last years model for 19 a dozen, needless to say I loaded up on them

That's an outstanding price for that ball. Good on you for loading up.

That's an outstanding price for that ball. Good on you for loading up.

Only problem was they only had 3 dozen. I really the xv I always thought the original x was a little hard, the xv for me is really good for distance and spin

Chrome+

Just an overall solid ball.

Played the Callaway Supersoft on a colder morning round today. Love it. Really struck the ball well today.

+1 That is what I played my last round and it was around 50*...I swear you could use this ball when it is below zero and be just fine!

Back