Touche. But that is a little different, IMO, because it's a limited edition launched and timed around a major. I've always liked the white drivers and was bummed that TM moved away from that this year. The question remains, if white was such an advantage, why abandon it after 3 or 4 seasons? I can see why that leaves a bit of a bad taste with some consumers. Not me, because I just liked it anyway and never saw any real advantage to it. But I get JB's point as well. Offer as many colors as you want, but offer them all at the beginning of the season instead of having mid-season launches that could stir up buyer's remorse and hard feelings.

Were still speculating that the white SLDR is even coming. Until it hits store shelves its merely Internet torch and pitchfork action.

I will say this: I have seen the SLDR totally transform the driving game of two of my friends. I can't hit it, but it's a good driver, and I can see why there is demand for a white one.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

I'm a bit suprised at some of the negativity about the colour decision. Personally, I dont like the crown colours of the current slider and wouldnt consider it purely because of the way it looks at address. White might address that for me and I'd probably consider it... Just filling all areas by TM I guess.

Fill every niche? Really?

Offering two low spin, unforgiving drivers wouldnt be filling every niche. SGI irons?

Let's not forget that from a corporate standpoint, those niches are filled.

Some companies don't even give you an option; you just have to settle on the color they decide their driver should be. The horror!

Personally, I've had both white and black drivers and I like them both. I don't even know if I have a preference. TMaG releasing a different color club after its release of the original doesn't bother me. They are not alone and yes, it's probably tied to making a profit. That is the end game for all of this.

Taps away

From the rumors floating around through some reliable sources tmag is planning on releasing these the week after the masters. I hope the rumors are true. If they release this color scheme in a 430 head the week after the masters it will make its way into my bag the first day they are available for purchase.

Rocketing it from the hosel!

I don't know if has already been mentioned, but just get a current 430 and send it to Continental Golf. They are the official refinishing outfit for Tmag.

I don't know if has already been mentioned, but just get a current 430 and send it to Continental Golf. They are the official refinishing outfit for Tmag.

If tmag doesn't release a white 430 then that is the route i will probably take.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

I'm all for choice in the marketplace, some like white, some don't. But if you're going to release clubs with color options I'd rather see it right from the start rather than a 9 months after the original release.

If tmag doesn't release a white 430 then that is the route i will probably take.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

It is comming don't worry if you send a Gray in to be painted white you won't get the black face and bottom

Earn market share, defend erosion of that market share.

If that means releasing an new color option during the releases/ramp up of other brands drivers, I'm all for it. Competition is good. Differentiate whenever you can. If TMaG thinks a late white color release is enough of a differentiation to protect their hard earned market share, then by lords, good luck.

Just because you wouldn't do it that way doesn't mean you or they are wrong, just different. And that's ok.

I can't imagine Cobra wouldn't save money by launching only one color instead of five. As cost per club starts to drop, bring on the extra color(s) later. Or maybe Cobra's strategic plan is to differentiate by the color offerings AND the cost per club with multiple colors is the same as one color due to manufacturing planning.

Maybe TMaG has learned they have the marketing muscle to put out a product in one color, then as cost to built per club drops, add another color and breathe in a little life into the product line before the next release.

Personally, I'm waiting to see what the second gen of these CG-forward drivers can do especially as it relates to forgiveness.

Its all about the dollar, and frankly, I can respect that. Its their job to make money.

It does always crack me up that TM gets hammered for things like this (releases etc) but we continually see others get a pass. Too funny, same old song and dance.

To that end: I wonder if Nike will get hammered for bringing out a black version of the Covert in May. My guess is that the vitriol won't be as high as with TaylorMade.

To that end: I wonder if Nike will get hammered for bringing out a black version of the Covert in May. My guess is that the vitriol won't be as high as with TaylorMade.

Oh....there's plenty of people who will have left over cabbage to toss at Nike. This white SLDR is pretty neat looking. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet Nike WISHES that they got the attention and vitriol for doing that because at least they would be getting the eyeballs.

I bet Nike WISHES that they got the attention and vitriol for doing that because at least they would be getting the eyeballs.

Nike makes golf clubs? That's not even fair.

I think calling some "limited edition" might be some justification on Nike's part for the black club head.

Is it completely out of the realm of possibility that this is TaylorMade reacting to customer feedback for a SLDR in white? I'm really asking, not just trying to stir the pot.

Is it completely out of the realm of possibility that this is TaylorMade reacting to customer feedback for a SLDR in white? I'm really asking, not just trying to stir the pot.

Possibly. My only thoughts against that side is because people asked for R11 in black. Then R11s in black. Then when R1 sales were a bit sluggish, a black R1 gets released. Then the company sort of moves away from the white in metal woods in both releases. Some on here said "where is the white?". Told it was not coming. Then it gets released. This directly after February where another company did extremely well in metal woods sales.

Whether or not it is, is not, or anything of the sort, it comes off reactionary to me. All of this is merely my thoughts.

EDIT: With that said, I think it creates some buzz and possibly gets shown on tour a bit if the guys jump on it. Choices are a good thing.

Well it is official now, the white SLDR was announced in Korea a few days ago. May 2nd is supposed to be the release date for the u.s. market. Only downside is the white paint scheme is going to be for the 460 head only.

Well it is official now, the white SLDR was announced in Korea a few days ago. May 2nd is supposed to be the release date for the u.s. market. Only downside is the white paint scheme is going to be for the 460 head only.

Where was this announced?

The white SLDR is on the Korea site…but I do not not read Korean.

Ok so what's special about may 2nd?

Im not at liberty to discuss, but the timing is interesting. More on that coming soon.

I had a feeling that answer was coming. I will stay tuned for that announcement,

Back to topic- I honestly don't care if it's released or not I'm not buying one either way. Do I think its crappy and a cheap way to boost sales or buzz absolutely I do but I'd expect nothing less from them.

Pretty excited about the release of a White SLDR, however; I have much better results with the 430 head so if they are only making it in the 460 head that is a bit discouraging

Back