Callaway Big Bertha Driver Review

Does anybody know if the shafts that work in the X Hot drivers fit in the Big Bertha drivers?

I know that the X2Hot Driver and the Big Bertha Driver share the same tip on the shafts.

I know that the X2Hot Driver and the Big Bertha Driver share the same tip on the shafts.

Yea this was what I meant. The same adapter or what ever it's called that you change the loft etc. with. I suppose the older model X Hot will fit into the Bertha too but with less customization? I think the older X Hots have draw, neutral, & fade settings only.

I swung JB's custom in Hilton Head and have been thinking about this club ever since. I can't wait to mash this around Championsgate in a few weeks.

I have been struggling off the tee with the club but thats more of my own issue not the driver. When I make solid contact it sounds like nothing I have heard. I love everything about it. I really need to get on a LM and figure out what settings I need to set it on because I currently just have it set to all neutral.

Still love reading about this thing, and just gazing at it. Can't wait to hit it again, and hopefully find a way to get one in my bag.

Does anybody know if the shafts that work in the X Hot drivers fit in the Big Bertha drivers?

I'm pretty sure it's the "Optifit" adapter that fits BB. If you go to Golfworks.com you can see the difference. I bought an extra adapter from them and it works.

Yea this was what I meant. The same adapter or what ever it's called that you change the loft etc. with. I suppose the older model X Hot will fit into the Bertha too but with less customization? I think the older X Hots have draw, neutral, & fade settings only.

The Xhot adapter will not work on the BB or BB Alpha. They changed to using the same adapter as the Optiforce.

The Xhot adapter will not work on the BB or BB Alpha. They changed to using the same adapter as the Optiforce.

I thought that it will work but you simply will not have the same adjustment options.

Actually, as far as I know it will work but you simply will not have the same adjustment options.

Well, isnt that nice. Thats not what I was told when it first launched. Good thing I have a shaft with the XHot adapter on it..hmmm

Well, isnt that nice. Thats not what I was told when it first launched. Good thing I have a shaft with the XHot adapter on it..hmmm

Just try it and see, easy peasy. I thought I remembered others talking about doing it. Could be wrong.

Just try it and see, easy peasy. I thought I remembered others talking about doing it. Could be wrong.

Impossible. Jman is wise. I will give it a try. Thank you kind sir. I learn something new on THP every day.

They aren't compatible from what I saw. I thought they would be as well, but the dual cog has different size spurs.

They aren't compatible from what I saw. I thought they would be as well, but the dual cog has different size spurs.

Thanks buddy, I wasn't sure. I went ahead and changed out all my adapters without trying.

On a side note, this one is part of a 3 driver showdown today, whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Now you guys have just confused me. Haha Thanks Hawkster

I still haven't spent nearly enough time with this one. Have fun with the showdown!

Thanks buddy, I wasn't sure. I went ahead and changed out all my adapters without trying.

On a side note, this one is part of a 3 driver showdown today, whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Ohhhh this oughta be interesting! XTD vs BB vs ????

Ohhhh this oughta be interesting! XTD vs BB vs ????

Bio Cell of course. :alien:

Its been a long while since I've hit this one, and seeing all 3 side by side should be intriguing.

Driver showdown sounds like it would be fun to watch. You live streaming? :D

Its been a long while since I've hit this one, and seeing all 3 side by side should be intriguing.

Was going to assume, but ya never know! This is going to be one heck of a test for Big Bertha, I look forward to your thoughts.

Would it be wrong to assume all have red tie?

This will be fun to read later.

(I bet Bertha takes it)

You know my winner... :)

Got a Black Tie in the marketplace and put an optifit adapter on it today for the BB.

Kusala Blue has a challenger.......hopefully will hit it tomorrow!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just got the call. Bertha is waiting at the shop for me to pick up. :banana:

I hit this one really well yesterday, I forgot how much I enjoy this head....and the sound.

But, each time it delivered, so too did the Bio.

I hit this one really well yesterday, I forgot how much I enjoy this head....and the sound.

But, each time it delivered, so too did the Bio.

Now you understand my position a while back. Ultimately it came down to confidence bc numbers wise they are neck and neck

Back