Cleveland Golf - Welcome to the 2014 Morgan Cup

Totally true and anything could happen. And I will say there is a much bigger Srixon presence on tour this year than I ever remember.

it's seemingly getting bigger. Shall be interesting. Selfishly I hope you guys get the option of the Srixon gear because I want to see it all up close.

it's seemingly getting bigger. Shall be interesting. Selfishly I hope you guys get the option of the Srixon gear because I want to hit WCBM's clubs after he comes back.

FIFY....some exotic Srixon stuff would be fun to hit.

it's seemingly getting bigger. Shall be interesting. Selfishly I hope you guys get the option of the Srixon gear because I want to see it all up close.

Selfishly, I do too haha

Totally my dude. I can't even imagine having to ponder that company too.....

Me thinks the same. I also wonder if someday, maybe in the near future, the 2 names combine into one, with either Srixon or Cleveland taking the lead??

Me thinks the same. I also wonder if someday, maybe in the near future, the 2 names combine into one, with either Srixon or Cleveland taking the lead??

This is my question too. It is rare that companies coexist under the same umbrella for extended periods of time. See Titleist/Cobra/Footjoy/ et al.

This is my question too. It is rare that companies coexist under the same umbrella for extended periods of time. See Titleist/Cobra/Footjoy/ et al.

I would think Srixon would take the lead but what do I know. Seems like every big club OEM has a ball in play so the Srixon name would be the lead dog?

I would think Srixon would take the lead but what do I know. Seems like every OEM has a ball in play so the Srixon name would be the lead dog?

Could be dude, could be. I think from a marketing standpoint that is the easiest transition. At least it would seem that way to me.

Could be dude, could be. I think from a marketing standpoint that is the easiest transition. At least it would seem that way to me.

MIght be a good question for the trip to California thread :)

I'll throw this out there:

Will the Srixon drivers be available over here by then?
It would be a very interesting option.

Me personally Nate I would think Cleveland would take over. But I haven't really looked to see how big of sales are between the two and who makes more. Since they are own by Dunlap Sports you think they would ever just call them Dunlap clubs and balls?
I would think Srixon would take the lead but what do I know. Seems like every big club OEM has a ball in play so the Srixon name would be the lead dog?

Me personally Nate I would think Cleveland would take over. But I haven't really looked to see how big of sales are between the two and who makes more. Since they are own by Dunlap Sports you think they would ever just call them Dunlap clubs and balls?

I guess that's for people well above our pay grade to figure out if and when it ever happens. It will be interesting to see which way the needle would swing.

oh yeah, they get paid the big bucks to figure that kind of stuff out. Does dunlap still make clubs and are they similar to the cleveland/srixion clubs. Off the top of my head only guys I can think of that is sponsored by them is Lee Westwood but he is also sponsored be Ping who he uses all his clubs for.
I guess that's for people well above our pay grade to figure out if and when it ever happens. It will be interesting to see which way the needle would swing.

oh yeah, they get paid the big bucks to figure that kind of stuff out. Does dunlap still make clubs and are they similar to the cleveland/srixion clubs. Off the top of my head only guys I can think of that is sponsored by them is Lee Westwood but he is also sponsored be Ping who he uses all his clubs for.

Looks like they do a few beginner golf sets over in Europe but not much.

Interesting to me: all of the guys at Augusta that play Cleveland/Srixon stuff are outfitted entirely in Srixon-branded gear this week, according to posts on Twitter. Example is below, Keegan is usually outfitted in stuff that says Cleveland, but check out this week:

Bko2vSKIIAEQzKi.jpg

I wonder if this is a marketing shift for that company, or just a 1-week thing to get visibility for Srixon at the Masters.

Interesting to me: all of the guys at Augusta that play Cleveland/Srixon stuff are outfitted entirely in Srixon-branded gear this week, according to posts on Twitter. Example is below, Keegan is usually outfitted in stuff that says Cleveland, but check out this week:

Bko2vSKIIAEQzKi.jpg

I wonder if this is a marketing shift for that company, or just a 1-week thing to get visibility for Srixon at the Masters.

This really interesting to me as well. It seems their commercials are starting to lean this way as well..... hmmmm

That is interesting indeed...even the flat brim is Srixon front and center.

This thought crossed my mind momentarily when they posted a picture of all the Srixon staff bags on Twitter yesterday.

Now that everything across the board is Srixon branded...hmmm.

People should read more into what I write sometimes :)

You write so much around here, it's hard to keep track. ;-)

I must have missed it too then....what did you write Hawk?

Hopefully it wasn't me Hawk that I didn't read into something. Don't want to be attacked by the Hawk!!!!

Hopefully it wasn't me Hawk that I didn't read into something. Don't want to be attacked by the Hawk!!!!

We all must be blondes here cause it went over my head too. I naturally think Srixon will take over down the road and appears from the first major that might be happening.

We all must be blondes here cause it went over my head too. I naturally think Srixon will take over down the road and appears from the first major that might be happening.

Speak for yourself, hawk has dropped #HawkBombs of the potential future

Back