Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering a iMac. The PC is ready for an upgrade and since I don't really game on it any more like I did when I was young and fun and without child, I was thinking an iMac is probably the way to go for me these days.

Craziness. We paid retail for our phones because of them and in 2 months will be contract free where we will remain for quite some time.

Yep. It's why I sat contract free for a while, BUT, I needed unlimited calling and my current plan didn't have it. I figured I'd get through it and then see what happens.

Anywho, the manager I finally spoke with, after quite a bit of conversation about how when my S3 dies (which of course it will) my inclination of paying 600 vs finding a cheaper option elsewhere.... He finally talked whoever into approving the upgrade without adjusting the contract date. Hopefully this summer I find something I like and I'll stick with it through the contract date.

Good things. If I've learned anything through this, it's to politely say no and hang up any time verizon calls with a 'special new plan for loyalty'

People laugh when I say I pay full retail for my phones, but being contract free is worth it.

A bit different, but I get what your saying. We don't change phones often so did it to be contract free instead of buying our way out and signing with someone else.

Did the full math to find out which was a money saver. Not really doing it to have newer phones if that made sense.

A bit different, but I get what your saying. We don't change phones often so did it to be contract free instead of buying our way out and signing with someone else.

Did the full math to find out which was a money saver. Not really doing it to have newer phones if that made sense.
Yeah, makes sense.

I just love my unlimited data, and dont really feel like getting back under a contract.

Yeah, makes sense.

I just love my unlimited data, and dont really feel like getting back under a contract.

I said that for so long, but when I looked back, I realized that I was watching my minutes a heck of a lot more than I was watching my data.

Switching to unlimited calling vs unlimited data just worked for me. We're all geared differently though.

I said that for so long, but when I looked back, I realized that I was watching my minutes a heck of a lot more than I was watching my data.

Switching to unlimited calling vs unlimited data just worked for me. We're all geared differently though.
My daughter CONSTANTLY streams Amazon Prime or Youtube from my wifes phone when we are in the car. It racks up the data numbers like crazy.

My daughter CONSTANTLY streams Amazon Prime or Youtube from my wifes phone when we are in the car. It racks up the data numbers like crazy.

Makes perfect sense to me! I'll be sure to add this to the list of 'reasons why I should avoid children' hahahahahaha!

No kidding. I average about 6gb a month and have topped out at 12gb. Thank goodness for unlimited data!

R.B.I. Baseball released as an iOS app?

Oh yeah!

Might wanna take that to the parenting thread

Must be hard to play on that tiny screen though. :D

Now I remember how much I'm over my iPhone.

How is she doing Amazon Prime? That requires a wi-fi connection, they don't allow cellular.

What happened?

Lock button is effed up again, this will make 3 of the i5's that did this same thing to me despite always being in a case and not being dropped. I'm just getting extremely over it.

Today and tomorrow are days that I really appreciate having dual monitors and an iPad dock. Ensures Masters coverage will be somewhere there. Likely the iPad, I need both monitors for work.

#softwaredevelopmentproblems

Lock button is effed up again, this will make 3 of the i5's that did this same thing to me despite always being in a case and not being dropped. I'm just getting extremely over it.

That was the final straw for me a while back. It drove me batty.

Yeah, if I beat the hell out of it I would understand it wouldn't bother me as much, but I don't and I'm always careful with it because I'm too damn cheap to buy anything else right now. Have to wait until about September until my contract comes up to upgrade, booooooo

Crazy that's happened to you guys so much. I have had 6 iPhones and two ipod touches run thru my household with no lock button issues. I do have a coworker who had it mess up on his as well. I'll consider myself lucky.

Knock on wood.

Must be hard to play on that tiny screen though. :D
I'll manage somehow, the S4 crapped out on me after sending it back for the 2nd time and I cant get Verizon to send a replacement again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back