Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kick butt because a portion of the money goes to lung cancer foundation

I understand that. Still hate the name. Just sounds corny is all.

Agree with Ricky - like the product and the cause, hate the name. But for that price difference with the same features, I'd buy it even if it was pink and had little unicorns all over it!

Agree with Ricky - like the product and the cause, hate the name. But, I'd pay even more if it was pink and had little unicorns all over it!

FIFY :D

Whoa whoa whoa Aaron. How dare you talk this man out of buying a putter..haha I agree though. It is a good piece of equipment. Wish they would change the name...

He can just do what the rest of us do and buy both!!!

It's ok, I forgive you guys haha

Hawk Pondering that Dhy hybrid in 24 degrees to take the place of my 5 iron

Hawk Pondering that Dhy hybrid in 24 degrees to take the place of my 5 iron

What are you hoping to gain? Why not just go with a normal hybrid? Compared to the Apex you're not going to see some night and day difference in forgivness. Maybe easier swinging b/c of the shaft and potentially a little more distance.

Pondering a staff bag with my home course's logo embroidered on it.

What are you hoping to gain? Why not just go with a normal hybrid? Compared to the Apex you're not going to see some night and day difference in forgivness. Maybe easier swinging b/c of the shaft and potentially a little more distance.

That was my worry Ryan. I just have a pretty sizeable gap between my 4H X2hot and the 5 iron. Need to figure something out.

That was my worry Ryan. I just have a pretty sizeable gap between my 4H X2hot and the 5 iron. Need to figure something out.

Maybe go to 3H and 5H instead?

Yea you might close it up a little. I think a normal hybrid is better for 90% or more of the people out there probably (compared to the Dhy), but then you're probably just going to have that gap to deal with up to your 6 iron.

Why not bend the 5i a degree or two strong? Or just choke up on the 4h to cover the gap? I've hit the DHy and the Apex and the Apex long irons in my opinion are nearly as forgiving, but they don't have the fade bias than the DHy has. I was right like crazy with the DHy because of that.

Yea you might close it up a little. I think a normal hybrid is better for 90% or more of the people out there probably, but then you're probably just going to have that gap to deal with up to your 6 iron.

Maybe I do need to go 3H to 5H like Dev said. I am seeing like 220 with the 3H 210 with the 4H and 180-185 with the 5 Iron

i'm thinking about getting a new sand wedge and lob wedge. looking to buy a model from last year. my current wedges are from whatever my dad gave me with the old x-14s

i'm thinking about getting a new sand wedge and lob wedge. looking to buy a model from last year. my current wedges are from whatever my dad gave me with the old x-14s

The Callaway Forged wedges can be had super cheap right now.

you think I would see a noticeable distance gain from my Apex 5 iron?

Not sure, but I get about 5 yards more out of it, 10x more forgiveness and a nice high ball flight to assist. It makes the gapping easier to the X2Hot hybrid lineup.

Not sure, but I get about 5 yards more out of it, 10x more forgiveness and a nice high ball flight to assist. It makes the gapping easier to the X2Hot hybrid lineup.

Hmm ok I may look into this then. We have a very similar top of the bag (in fact basically identical)

Maybe I do need to go 3H to 5H like Dev said. I am seeing like 220 with the 3H 210 with the 4H and 180-185 with the 5 Iron

I like the 3H/5H (or 18/23 in the pros) setup. I'd imagine you'd be getting 200ish from the 5H based on those numbers, which seems like a better fit. My J40 4H plays 190-200 depending. I play that club way more times a round that I do my 5W(18˚). Never missed the gap between the two. After 200, my accuracy into greens goes way down. Even further than normal! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back