2014 Masters Contest & Official THP Thread

Ouch for Luke Donald, 2 shot penalty to card a 79.

Luke Donald hit with a 2 shot penalty for grounding his club in the sand on #9...ouch

Luke Donald hit with a 2 shot penalty for grounding his club in the sand on #9...ouch

Was that a phone-in penalty or just one that the rules officials saw and addressed?

Was that a phone-in penalty or just one that the rules officials saw and addressed?

I thought the phone ins were done this year? Someone correct me if I'm wrong

It sounded like the officials talked with him about it in the scoring tent, no mention of phone in.

In spite of his otherwise less than stellar showing, Dustin Johnson can say he has a chutt for birdie at Augusta. That's something you can hang your hat on.

Friday featured groups on Masters.com:

Featured group No. 1

9:35 AM: Jason Day, Dustin Johnson, Henrik Stenson

12:20 PM: Angel Cabrera, Gary Woodland, Ian Poulter

1:48 PM: Adam Scott, Jason Dufner, Matthew Fitzpatrick

Featured group No. 2

9:57 AM: Bubba Watson, Luke Donald, Sergio Garcia

12:31 PM: Fred Couples, Webb Simpson, Chang-woo Lee

1:59 PM: Jordan Spieth, Patrick Reed, Rory McIlroy

Friday featured groups on Masters.com:

Featured group No. 1

9:35 AM: Jason Day, Dustin Johnson, Henrik Stenson

12:20 PM: Angel Cabrera, Gary Woodland, Ian Poulter

1:48 PM: Adam Scott, Jason Dufner, Matthew Fitzpatrick

Featured group No. 2

9:57 AM: Bubba Watson, Luke Donald, Sergio Garcia

12:31 PM: Fred Couples, Webb Simpson, Chang-woo Lee

1:59 PM: Jordan Spieth, Patrick Reed, Rory McIlroy

Solid groups there.

With the exception of Zach Johnson I'm looking pretty good in fantasy so far.

In regards to the phone ins...Can anyone confirm that they are not being allowed this year?

Good first day 2 T-2, T-5, 2 T-12, T-27, 2 T-40, T-75 (what happened Ryan Moore.) Only have 9 in the hunt this week.

Group 11, Fowler, McDowell, Jimmy Walker. I think that's what I'll be following tomorrow.

Also, Z. Johnson, KJ Choi, and Steve Stricker. Zach's got nothing to lose, Choi played very solidly today. Would love to continue to see him on the leader board come the weekend.

My boy Sang-Moon Bae is right in the thick of things.

The greens look lightning quick. Saw some highlights of Snedeker putting on 15 and 16. Barely hit it and had some crazy pace.

never would have guessed Phil & Zach would be my worst 2 in fantasy after day 1

As much as I like Weir and I'm proud that he's a Canadian with a green jacket everytime I watch TSN (our master telecast) all I see is Weir. Nothing about GMac, Scott, Hass, Snedeker please just talk about some of the guys at the top who are playing well. Man it's annoying.

I said it last year and I'll say it again. I wasn't a fan of Montgomery as a player but really love to hear him on the mic. Such a different person than I thought he was.

Last edited:
Round 2 hole locations, hopefully a little easier than yesterday....

Bk783FRIYAAC5cF.jpg

Does TSN cover DeLaet a lot too, or still mainly Weir?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The fact I am working during the masters is basically unacceptable. I gave my boss crap all day yesterday.

Some of those pins are JUST on the green

Those pins on 1, 6, 9, 11, 13, 15 are crazy. Think about the shots you have to play in there. (I did my TW 14 prep on PS3 this week haha)

13 pin will be fun hugging the water. 12 tucked behind the trap I like.

Holy cow. Apparently tournament officials are ready to see who came to play. Some of those are ridiculous. I bet you we see most guys barely break par today.

I said it last year and I'll say it again. I wasn't a fan of Montgomery as a player but really love to hear him on the mic. Such a different person than I thought he was.

If you're talking about Colin Montgomery there then I agree that he's a surprisingly good commentator, although he still needs a bit of work on his studio discussion style. He usually has very little bias, and when a person's played a shot well that looks easy on camera, but is actually difficult on the course, he explains what the potential problems were and why the shot played was good.

Holy cow. Apparently tournament officials are ready to see who came to play. Some of those are ridiculous. I bet you we see most guys barely break par today.

Agreed, not sure they are easier than we saw yesterday

Sticking with -8 for the winner, but should be interesting to see what they do with the pins for the weekend if these end up being brutal

Back