Cobra Bio Cell Driver Review Thread

Just going by what I was told when sitting at the table with the directors of R&D and product marketing for Cobra Puma.

Looking at my notes again it was said the PXv was proprietary and performs incredibly well with the head including when Rickie got to test the Bio the first time. The Red-Tie and all other offerings for the Bio+ are aftermarket shafts and not proprietary.

In the end who cares, if you hit it well. I hit it phenomenally in an R flex when my SS is well beyond what's considered R territory (which is bunk but I digress). It's a way better designed shaft than last years fuel proprietary was for the cell, zero doubt in that. Damn good setup as stock for a lot of golfers.

agreed, its a great shaft, definitely much better than last year's fuel.
hope my post didnt come off the wrong way, I had just remembered seeing that video awhile back.
guess that guy needs to go back to cobra school!

agreed, its a great shaft, definitely much better than last year's fuel.
hope my post didnt come off the wrong way, I had just remembered seeing that video awhile back.
guess that guy needs to go back to cobra school!

No sweat dude, that's the benefit to THP, back and forth convo is a-ok, it's the only way we all learn!

I hit this baby at a demo day today. Incredible launch and ball flight. I need to hit this side by side with the alpha one day

The stock shaft is a winner. I never get along with px shafts so hats off to cobra R&D for tweaking it

Got my first round in with the Bio Cell today. Same feel off the face as the Amp Cell but definitely longer. Was losing about 20 yards in comparison to my RBZ Stage 2. BC gained me back that yardage and the dispersion is much better than the Taylormade. Hit some real straight bombs today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put the +'s red tie into this head. I really liked it.

I hit the Bio Cell and the + today at a demo day. I hit the Bio cell + (red tie s) the best out of the two and it was one of the best I hit today.

I put the +'s red tie into this head. I really liked it.

That's how I ordered mine as well. I find the Red Tie to launch to low for my liking but I think most golfers would LOVE that combo.

Grabbed a Blue Bio Cell with the Red Tie from this fitting cart today for my round as I'm waiting for my driver order. Set it to 9.5 and went off.

Two things stuck out
1 - hit 9 of 11 fairways off the tee with it
2 - the blue look amazing by the ball.

I thought I had decided on a new driver after my fitting, but really double guessing it now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

About 10 rounds into my Bio Cell with stock R shaft. Best pairing I have ever seen (for me) from any manufacturer....and unfortunately I've tried a lot. Great feel/sound and ball flight at 11.5 setting is med high and just seems to carry farther than it should. Driver ss is between 90-94 and I couldn't be happier. Bio Cell irons (stock graphite) are now in bag and they are just as impressive. Fw and hy are next. Cobra is hitting homerun after homerun imo.

How do the settings on the red tie with the + adaptor work in the regular bio cell head?

Plus one I believe

well put it in play this weekend, i switched back and forth between the Bio Cell with Red Tie, and my Taylormade Burner 07 TP with Accra XT M5(X-Stiff) shaft, and for whatever reason i got better performance with the TM.

With all the great reviews i keep hearing about the Bio Cell, i am not giving up on it yet, but i hope this weekend to get some launch numbers on it, and compare it to my TM and Adams 9015D. would not mind looking for a Cobra Bio Cell+ driver head as well to try out since i have the Red Tie already.

Hi folks...I have a relatively slow driver swing speed of mid 80's. For those who have some experience with slower swing speeds, I'm wondering how the stock shaft in 'Regular' with the Bio Cell would work for me and my swing speed? Also, if you have any experience with the Amp Cell, would that be any better or worse for me with its stock shaft?

Thanks for any insight or feedback you can give me.

Hi folks...I have a relatively slow driver swing speed of mid 80's. For those who have some experience with slower swing speeds, I'm wondering how the stock shaft in 'Regular' with the Bio Cell would work for me and my swing speed? Also, if you have any experience with the Amp Cell, would that be any better or worse for me with its stock shaft?

Thanks for any insight or feedback you can give me.

I think the stock shaft in the BiO Cell is a much better match for the head. With that said, both are very solid offerings and could work well for you. Best bet would be to hit both and see what the numbers look like.

Good info. here folks. I am auditioning for a G20 replacement driver and nothing has stood out to me yet. This is one of the few I haven't tried. Sounds very point and shoot like my G20. Can anyone compare the two?

I think the stock shaft in the BiO Cell is a much better match for the head. With that said, both are very solid offerings and could work well for you. Best bet would be to hit both and see what the numbers look like.

Great advice here, the stock shafts in the Bio cell woods is fantastic and I'd be willing to bet that the regular flex is spectacular. I have a slow swing speed too and the stock shaft was the best choice out of everything I tried.

Great advice here, the stock shafts in the Bio cell woods is fantastic and I'd be willing to bet that the regular flex is spectacular. I have a slow swing speed too and the stock shaft was the best choice out of everything I tried.

Im sure its a great shaft for some, however I couldnt get aoong with it. Its mainly due to mynlack of finess on the transition, but with the 5 wood and the reg bio driver the stock shaft offering, was not the ticket. Glad there is no upcharge for the red tie as it was money

I got this club with Matrix red tie (stock shaft for Bio cell+), and which is perfect fit for me.
I used to use ZL Encore or Amp cell driver which carried around 250y-260 average.
With this club, I could swing more smoothly and got nice trajectory.
With stock Bio cell+, very low spin and penetrating shot I got, but launch angle was too low.
With stock Bio cell, higher launch, but higher spin for me.

Fitter in shop made me try combination of Bio cell clubhead with stock Bio cell+ shaft, which gave me high launch low spin,,, winning combination.

Yesterday, I did 4th round of this season, then, I got 310Y drive (wind helped though) finally! I got 1 on at short Par 4!,,,, but gave 3 putts..

Very nice dude!

For me this year having hit pretty much all of the new releases its this one and Bertha. I hit them both exceedingly well, literally a tie at the top for me.

I just picked one up an hour ago at Golf Galaxy (the exclusive green). They are $100 off through the 30th. $198 is a great deal for this beast.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

I just picked one up an hour ago at Golf Galaxy (the exclusive green). They are $100 off through the 30th. $198 is a great deal for this beast.

I need that green.

I need that green.

vy6eja8e.jpg

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!

I need that!

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!

I need that!

They have the $100 discount on the Golf Galaxy website with the green one, but I am not sure how excited you would be to buy one considering you have one.

Back