The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgetting a putter is almost comical hahaha

Yep, it is, I've only got 28 of them. I pulled two to grab another before I left for work in the morning and just blanked on it. It was actually pretty funny to me.

True story, I went to play a round after work to find out I forgot to put a putter in the bag that day, I wanted to play so bad I putters with a hybrid the entire round.

How many putts did you end up with?

Trying to plan a bathroom reno for next month. Complete gut and redo with a new tub enclosure.

How is it whenever I want to ask questions there is never anyone available in the stores. But when I don't want to ask questions I get hounded by salespeople.

I would love to just have someone come in and do it all for me, and just cut a cheque when the job is done. Money won't allow it though, so I guess its up to me to do all the work.

Trying to plan a bathroom reno for next month. Complete gut and redo with a new tub enclosure.

How is it whenever I want to ask questions there is never anyone available in the stores. But when I don't want to ask questions I get hounded by salespeople.

I would love to just have someone come in and do it all for me, and just cut a cheque when the job is done. Money won't allow it though, so I guess its up to me to do all the work.

I did this exact thing during the summer of 2012. It was a ton of work and led to many long nights and golfless weekends, but in the end was worth it.
Most importantly, my wife loves it.

I did this exact thing during the summer of 2012. It was a ton of work and led to many long nights and golfless weekends, but in the end was worth it.
Most importantly, my wife loves it.

I am hoping to do it all on May Long Weekend. Gut, frame, tub, tile, re-drywall, paint, finish.....

Thinking 3 days is an unrealistic time frame. 3 days maybe for the Gut, frame, tub, tile drywall perhaps.

How many putts did you end up with?

It was 40+, probabaly 45+ but I really cant remember exactly, it was not pretty. But, I just kept telling myself at least I was outside on a golf course.

I am hoping to do it all on May Long Weekend. Gut, frame, tub, tile, re-drywall, paint, finish.....

Thinking 3 days is an unrealistic time frame. 3 days maybe for the Gut, frame, tub, tile drywall perhaps.

I planned on doing it in a week. By the time I was done it was about 3 and a half and the finishing touches took another week.
I did re-do the framing, electrical, and the plumbing and had to re-sheet the floor as it was all mouldy when I took the flooring off.

I would say a weekend is unrealistic, but you may be much more capable than I.

I would expect it to take a good bit longer than that, the tile alone will take 2 days, and you can't really be doing anything else during that time. And if it is anything like any project I have been a part of, something minor will go wrong, and the piece you need will need to be ordered.

I found the demo and clean-up to take much longer than expected as well. Getting the tile off the walls and floor and then separating it from the drywall is a massive chore.

I'm sore from painting the ceiling and holding the roller above my head for however long it was. Thats just sad.

I would expect it to take a good bit longer than that, the tile alone will take 2 days, and you can't really be doing anything else during that time. And if it is anything like any project I have been a part of, something minor will go wrong, and the piece you need will need to be ordered.

The perils of trying to re-do your only full bathroom. As long as I can get the tub in the first weekend I am ok.

I keep wondering if a tub/shower can be used if the bathroom hasn't been mudded/painted when done in mold/moisture resist drywall? Like could I use the shower for a week and then go in and mud/tape/finish/paint.

The perils of trying to re-do your only full bathroom. As long as I can get the tub in the first weekend I am ok.

I keep wondering if a tub/shower can be used if the bathroom hasn't been mudded/painted when done in mold/moisture resist drywall? Like could I use the shower for a week and then go in and mud/tape/finish/paint.

I know of a lady who used her shower for a full year with just waterproofed duraroc.

My rant? Looks like Bubba is gonna win the Masters.

I'm going to take this to the hhjj thread.

Agree to disagree haha. I do love his game, just not his attitude sometimes. And I was really pulling for Jordan.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

73 degrees yesterday and wake up to 37 degrees and snow...

Our cold day is tomorrow. It's actually already started the descent to cold. Half inch of snow predicted tomorrow. It was 82 yesterday.

Somehow forgetting how to swing a club from the range to the first tee. wtc

Ex and taxes, nuff said

Going from a day of perfect weather golf with some THP'rs to a day of perfect weather never ending yardwork with no end in sight.

Having to work on the day of the final round of the Master's!!!!

Can the cold just go away?

The Official Rant of the Day

To the asshat that spoiled GoTs for me on FB this morning. I want to punch you in the nuts.

ETA: Looking at the comments to his post, looks like I will have to wait in line ... he seemingly annoyed a whole lot of people.

To the asshat that spoiled GoTs for me on FB this morning. I want to punch you in the nuts.

ETA: Looking at the comments to his post, looks like I will have to wait in line ... he seemingly annoyed a whole lot of people.
Not sure what GoTs is.

My rant is that it is effing snowing! Just spitting some flakes, but it's still snow!

Day 6 of being stuffed up, blowing my nose constantly, and being a mouth breather. This can go away anytime soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back