2014 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

Didn't drive the ball well today and played the B330's. Decent ball but didn't notice anything that stood out for me playing against the RZN Black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing these tomorrow at Queenstown lakes course. Pretty excited to see first hand what I was seeing during the Bfit, and reading everyone's thoughts.

Played the B330-S today for the first time.. I've usually gone for the softer feeling balls (chrome+ and similar) but since my swingspeed has gone up 5 mph by no apparent reason(99 to 104)..I tried this one which was suggested by the b-stone online fitting..

My verdict: soft feeling ball with a great trajectory matching my swing and clubs. Did help me score a solid round today by sticking to the greens when needed to..

Will game this one for the coming weeks.. So we will see if it's in the bag during the summer but it's only the price that might be putting me off so far..

Sent from my Ericsson Hotline 900

Hawk and I both played the RX this weekend and both said the same thing. Its just an awesome ball. But the best part of it is, the durability. It spins really well, solid off the tee, but being able to play the ball for 18 holes and still have it look good is something you dont see for most premium golf balls.

Been too long since I played the rx.

Played my first warm weather round today with the Bridgestone Tour B330. I'm so glad I bought multiple dozens of this ball as the B330 is awesome. The ball even check up on sandy aerated greens =).

In the winter my longest drive was 305. Today I had a few over 310 and one that went 363 with some help from wind and the cart path. It hit the cart path about 320 and bounced another 30 yards before rolling past the green. Into a heavy wind my shortest was 250. This ball plays so much further when It's not 40 degrees outside :act-up:

Off the irons this ball paired with the PING i25's feels like a nice soft marshmallow coming off the face. Penetrating flight off all the clubs and very little spin off the driver. Played all 18 with a single ball, cart path was on the back 9 so it was still playable with the little scuff.

Here is a good shot of a hop and stop 6 iron shot to a 175 yard pin playing into the wind.

[WITB]
17th_Green.jpg
[/WITB]

Played a round with my 9yr old nephew at an executive course today. Lots of short holes with many lofted wedges (54* & 58*) into the green. I'm REALLY impressed with the durability of the B330 series. Used a B330-RX today and it held up great. Very few faint cuts and minimal dimple deformation with some serious spin put on these baby's. Sooooo soft too... Check up great on the green!

These are fantastic. The RX's are just phenomenal for me the last two rounds. Long, and the spin is shocking. I'm a fan. Truly

Playing a quick 9 after a friend of mine and I drop our wives off at some event they're going to for the evening. Will be fun to give the 330S a go against some of the other 2014 balls I have in my collection. New wedges to try spin, new monitor to see distance. This could be really fun.

Playing a quick 9 after a friend of mine and I drop our wives off at some event they're going to for the evening. Will be fun to give the 330S a go against some of the other 2014 balls I have in my collection. New wedges to try spin, new monitor to see distance. This could be really fun.

I plan on trying the 330S at some point for fun, but the RX is so good to me.

I plan on trying the 330S at some point for fun, but the RX is so good to me.

I think the RX spins little more for me than the 330S but the 330S is definitely longer by 6-7yds. I still get nice land and stop results with it on full iron shots. Around the green, hit, good check, release a couple feet

That RX around the green though. It's like the Chrome.

I think the RX spins little more for me than the 330S but the 330S is definitely longer by 6-7yds. I still get nice land and stop results with it on full iron shots. Around the green, hit, good check, release a couple feet

That RX around the green though. It's like the Chrome.

Its been a blast on pitch shots the last two times out, thats for sure.

I need to GO to another Bfit if I can pre MC, I know my swing has changed as has my SS and I'd like to know for sure if the RX is still the best fit.

No you guys. Didn't you know the RX doesn't spin?

Superior technique.

I've not hit the RXS. Assuming the spin is a little more?

HA! I know, I'm not abiding by strict internet golf policies.

I'll have a talking to with them today, no hop and stops and no checks. None.

The 330-RX is my ball, I love it, the hydrocore is just silly good.

Glad to be back home with the RX again.

The 330-RX is my ball, I love it, the hydrocore is just silly good.

Glad to be back home with the RX again.

It's amazing how over the years I have never played a Bridgestone ball. Needless to say it will be the only ball I play here on out. The performance I get off the tee and into the green with the B330-RX is superb. Spinning like never before has changed the way my approach shots are. No more landing center of green and rolling off the back.

It's amazing how over the years I have never played a Bridgestone ball. Needless to say it will be the only ball I play here on out. The performance I get off the tee and into the green with the B330-RX is superb. Spinning like never before has changed the way my approach shots are. No more landing center of green and rolling off the back.

It really is a great ball, I can play the 330 based on the fitting tool, but man I just don't see why I should based on what I see on the course.

I was being sarcastic, but then really asked about the RXS haha. I've hit the RX, 330s, and the 330 but not the RXS yet of the 2014 line. The RX spins for me more than the 330s, which is interesting.

I was being sarcastic, but then really asked about the RXS haha. I've hit the RX, 330s, and the 330 but not the RXS yet of the 2014 line. The RX spins for me more than the 330s, which is interesting.

not too surprising. I would assume because it compresses a little more that adds to spin

Tap Tap Taparoo

Found last year's B330 balls on sale for $19 so I picked up a box. Still a great ball but the new ball with the hydrocore is hands down better in each category. Feel, spin & distance. I see all the love for the rx and my swing speed would put me in the rx. I have went back and forth several times since the testing began and I just love the B330. Better feel and spin than the rx for me distance not a noticeable difference. Great balls at any rate.

swing your swing

Has anyone found these to be too spinny? I just ask because the new B330 is amazing. I had my best round this past Sunday and I was striping the ball. It has great distance with such amazing feel. Durability was not an issue either. However, I hit 4 full wedge shots into the green and sucked it off the front of the green on front flag positions. I also had an uphill wedge shot that landed back of the green and suck back 15 feet, no joke. These are conforming wedges and semi-fast greens. They weren't overly wet so it wasn't like moisture was the issue. I love this ball in every aspect except on full wedge shots. I'll have to see if this issue comes up again Thursday at my home course.

Has anyone found these to be too spinny? I just ask because the new B330 is amazing. I had my best round this past Sunday and I was striping the ball. It has great distance with such amazing feel. Durability was not an issue either. However, I hit 4 full wedge shots into the green and sucked it off the front of the green on front flag positions. I also had an uphill wedge shot that landed back of the green and suck back 15 feet, no joke. These are conforming wedges and semi-fast greens. They weren't overly wet so it wasn't like moisture was the issue. I love this ball in every aspect except on full wedge shots. I'll have to see if this issue comes up again Thursday at my home course.

I have found the B330 to spin more than some other balls in the same category on wedge shots and have had some shots that pull back more than I expected. It hasn't been issue for me in terms of spinning back too much.

I hit the SR2 most of the weekend in Orlando and I am still more confident with the B330 on the tee. This is still my goto ball unless the Chrome+ goes on deep discount.

Back