2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am still extremely sore..haha Going to walk 9 holes after work today. See how that goes..haha I saw this today and thought of you guys :

10154381_10152329277969534_1116768559963990191_n.jpg

FYBFYS Week Two Workout 1 today before work.

Back in the gym tonight after a few days off. Have to get back to a normal rotation with a solid legs day. My right knee is a little balky and I've actually found that working it out consistently keeps the pain at bay. It was really affecting my ability to crouch down to read putts this past weekend. Thankfully it doesnt hurt when I swing, but I can definitely feel it on the greens.

knee dominate and push day. It is going to be a fun night.

So looking for some opinions on meal replacement shakes. I have been using the GNC Total Lean shakes for a bit now as replacements for breakfast and lunch but been wondering if anyone has used any other ones that they felt were good. I am horrible about eating breakfast and with my job I am on the road quite a bit and having a shake for lunch is quick and easy so they work well for me. Just looking for some ideas on other ones to try, thanks.

So looking for some opinions on meal replacement shakes. I have been using the GNC Total Lean shakes for a bit now as replacements for breakfast and lunch but been wondering if anyone has used any other ones that they felt were good. I am horrible about eating breakfast and with my job I am on the road quite a bit and having a shake for lunch is quick and easy so they work well for me. Just looking for some ideas on other ones to try, thanks.

There is a very good plan by Jason Ferruggia, http://www.renegadedietbook.com/ . I am on the road a lot for work as well. When I followed this plan, I lost weight and ate pretty well. Granted, I got off that wagon for some dumb reason (read: Chipotle opened up in Green Bay). I am getting back to it and I love it.

There is a very good plan by Jason Ferruggia, http://www.renegadedietbook.com/ . I am on the road a lot for work as well. When I followed this plan, I lost weight and ate pretty well. Granted, I got off that wagon for some dumb reason (read: Chipotle opened up in Green Bay). I am getting back to it and I love it.

Thanks blu for the link, I will check it out

Put in a solid 45 mins on the treadmill tonight. Slowly getting to where I need to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to get up and go! Four miles or so in the hills followed by shoulders, triceps, forearms, core, squats, and calf raises. Then a large serving of oatmeal and a banana for breakfast.

I'll probably hit a six and seven iron for thirty minutes on the range during lunch and work on wedges behind the house after dinner. My ball striking has been off for the last week or so; hard to explain other than to say that I feel tendencies from my old swing creeping in... Got to fix that!!!

Basically took a week off last week - strength training at least. Didn't want to be busted for a weekend of golf. Didn't eat as bad as I could have considering I was on vacation, but I expect to have lost a little ground tomorrow. Oh well, I planned for that. Back at it this morning and tonight.

We took our first break from P90X yesterday as we had some other things we needed to do. back at it tonight.

Scales are the devil. The harder I work, the better I eat, the more the scale sticks its middle finger at me. I will win the war but its kicking my butt in the battles.

Scales are the devil. The harder I work, the better I eat, the more the scale sticks its middle finger at me. I will win the war but its kicking my butt in the battles.

Why do you keep weighing yourself so often?

Ignore the scale for a while and focus on simply eating like you have been and working out. Numbers are just that sometimes, numbers.

Why do you keep weighing yourself so often?

Every other day. There is a reason and I will share it when the time is right.

Every other day. There is a reason and I will share it when the time is right.

I dont need the reason and it doesnt matter to me personally, but if one is going to get angry and upset every time they weigh in 48 hours later, one should move that back.

I dont need the reason and it doesnt matter to me personally, but if one is going to get angry and upset every time they weigh in 48 hours later, one should move that back.

Not really angry, just frustrated but I use it to push me. It's all motivation.

Not really angry, just frustrated but I use it to push me. It's all motivation.

Makes sense, but I'd still take a break from it for a little bit.

Time to get up and go! Four miles or so in the hills followed by shoulders, triceps, forearms, core, squats, and calf raises. Then a large serving of oatmeal and a banana for breakfast.

I'll probably hit a six and seven iron for thirty minutes on the range during lunch and work on wedges behind the house after dinner. My ball striking has been off for the last week or so; hard to explain other than to say that I feel tendencies from my old swing creeping in... Got to fix that!!!

Ended up doing 4.27 miles at a 7:36 pace (32.26 run time total). I try took keep the shorter runs during the week to sub 7:30, but I am not too disappointed in the time because it was cold (37 deg.) and I threw an extra hill into my run and managed to climb over 400 feet of elevation during the run. Got all my muscle groups in as set forth above doing two sets of 12-15 reps (depending on weight) and also got about 50 swings in with the Orange Whip Trainer (broken up between sets). Total workout time, including post workout stretching, was right at an hour. I feel great!

last night I was doing single leg exercise ball hip raises to leg curls. On my last set, I had a sudden rush of pain. It felt like my hamstring tried to leave my leg and crawl up into my backend. Scared the hell out of me.

One of the biggest things I have done to fix myself is eat during the day. I have never eaten breakfast during the week as I wake up and get to work. Have a cup of coffee, that is about it. Then late morning rolls around and I snack on crap. Then lunch rolls around and I eat junk. Then I am hungry for dinner at 4:30 and have dinner 1. Then have another meal or a huge dessert around 7:30 for dinner 2.

To change that, I have found MRP (meal replacement) or Protein works so well. Have a full meal replacement shake for breakfast and then another one around lunch time. Keeps me energized, keeps my food intake better than junk. And keeps me from heading into starvation mode. Flavor has always been awful, but I found some very good ones that when mixed with skim milk has done wonders for me.

This is so me right here. Get up doing stuff and staying busy even if I dont have to work that day. Coffee breakfast, maybe something horrible for lunch(bag of chips or a fast food grease bomb). Then come home eat a monster dinner with another portion an hour or so later. Then that bowl of cereal before bed. My problem is that I'd like to gain about 10 lbs and this eating habit isnt healthy. As I read this it looks like I eat backwards ending the day with a bowl of cereal. HMMMM...

Good job JB, keep up the good work. I need to get more disciplined as a good diet would not only benefit me but my family too.

I've improved my eating habits somewhat in the past month and this week have started doing exercises with 15lb weights while I watch TV at night. I also plan to incorporate some push ups, planks and other core exercises during this time. If I can ever get motivated and combine this with a little running and some hill sprints, I should start making some decent progress towards a more healthy me.

Woke up with the sun to get my workout in. I always feel so much better through out the day when I workout in the AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back