SeeMore SPi Fitting and Instruction

That's awesome Christian, having an instructor that excited to work with you is fantastic. Looking forward to him getting in that lefty head and seeing how the fitting goes.

Tonight I had a great conversation with my SPI fitter Tim Stundis. He is very excited to get going. As soon as he gets in his lefty fitting head we will schedule a time for me to get down to his studio.

We talked about his background, my goals, what I do well when it comes to putting and what I feel needs work. We talked about the vids I sent him earlier.

He told me to use him for any and everything. Any questions ask away. Don't be worried to contact him. Send him as many videos as I need. Even told me before July we are going to play a round together.

I am very impressed with Tim and can't wait to go and see him. Thanks again to THP, SeeMore and Tim for this opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good stuff Christian. Book your lesson for a Friday. *hint-hint* And I'll pay for the round if I can be included in the foursome when you guys play!

Have spent at least 30 minutes every night since the beginning of my instruction practicing on the fundamental Ben has me working on.

Yesterday was my first full round since spi and I can say it's helping. I didn't really putt lights out of anything but my posture and stroke felt so much better. I sank most my putts withing 10 ft and the ones that were longer I two putted. There was only 1 three jack and it hit the lip of the hole so I can't complain.

Using my grading card that Ben requested I use I realized that I hit too many putts short and low. Pretty sure that the low part would be taken care of if I'd get the ball to the hole. Ben has given me a distance/feel drill to work on whenever this cursed rain stops.

The training aid Ben requested I get came today, and as simple as it is, it's really an eye opening. You'd be amazed at how easy it is to get off plane putting. I've got a little practice routine figured out and will be using this daily as well.

Big thanks to the folks at Edufii.com. They got me access to my Cyber Coaching files from the fall so I can jump back in with Ben where I left off. Just sent my responses to Ben on where my game is at now and we put a plan in place. It was fun going back through and see all the progress I have made so far. It is amazing to me how much more I enjoy the game and want to play and practice more, now that I am a better putter.

Have spent at least 30 minutes every night since the beginning of my instruction practicing on the fundamental Ben has me working on.

Yesterday was my first full round since spi and I can say it's helping. I didn't really putt lights out of anything but my posture and stroke felt so much better. I sank most my putts withing 10 ft and the ones that were longer I two putted. There was only 1 three jack and it hit the lip of the hole so I can't complain.

Using my grading card that Ben requested I use I realized that I hit too many putts short and low. Pretty sure that the low part would be taken care of if I'd get the ball to the hole. Ben has given me a distance/feel drill to work on whenever this cursed rain stops.

The training aid Ben requested I get came today, and as simple as it is, it's really an eye opening. You'd be amazed at how easy it is to get off plane putting. I've got a little practice routine figured out and will be using this daily as well.

The putting prof. will do wonders for your stroke. Simple yet very effective.

The putting prof. will do wonders for your stroke. Simple yet very effective.

Agreed sir and thanks for your replies to various pm's on this hole process

Agreed sir and thanks for your replies to various pm's on this hole process

No worries dude. I think I am going to grab some of those balance disks this weekend to make sure my posture is a little more athletic as I tend to get on my heels a bit. Never realized how much goes into being a great putter, but the results are easy to come by if your a willing to put in the effort.

No worries dude. I think I am going to grab some of those balance disks this weekend to make sure my posture is a little more athletic as I tend to get on my heels a bit. Never realized how much goes into being a great putter, but the results are easy to come by if your a willing to put in the effort.

They are a blast. I've almost fallen a few times. I have few belly putters so it's a lot of fun to stand on them and hit putts..it would probably make a hilarious vine

Where does one acquire the aforementioned balance disks from?

Pm incoming

Good stuff Christian. Book your lesson for a Friday. *hint-hint* And I'll pay for the round if I can be included in the foursome when you guys play!

I plan on doing everything I can to schedule my lesson on a Friday. Sounds like it will not be a problem. Will keep you posted

Sooooooo, update time!

Brady Fennel and I have been corresponding via emails since the moment our Tour Rep's contacted us and I really can't state enough how comforting it was for me to be paired with Brady again as we are familiar with eachother thanks to the mSeries forum testing, his introducing me to what SPi is all about literally changed my game forever.

While I've continued doing drills and keeping my SPi technique with me, being that I am blessed enough to do so many putter reviews I have to bounce around a bit from a properly fitting putter to standards all over the place, while weight/loft/lie aren't an issue for me, the lengths can be as going from 36" to 33/34/35" naturally forces you to adapt and change your posture and can reintroduce some bad habits if you aren't careful, I expected as much coming in.

I mentioned it before but Brady and I initially are using V1 since he is no longer in OK and has moved to FL (jealous!) and eventually I believe we will move to edufii as he gets familiar with it, but the V1 was super easy to work with on our initial info and review here.

Brady wanted to start with a few different views of my stroke and some general questions as well.

For the sake of helping people see this journey, I figured I would share both, why not, right?

So, the questions:

Which SeeMore Putter are you currently using? (I've seen your SWEET collection on Twitter!!)

Been doing a lot of putter reviews lately so I haven't been using one in a while on the course but the mFGP PR, m1 PR, and mFGP2's have been the ones.

I'm sure you have been busy with work, have you had the opportunity to play much recently? If so, how would you rate your putting? Speed? Line? Etc...

Line has been a bit of a struggle, that came back to me losing my shoulder rock a bit and I have since gone back to the medicine ball to re-ingrain that feeling. When I review putters they often come in at 34/35 and it gets me into bad posture. Speed is good, I acclimate quickly there.

What, if any, drills have you been working on for your putting?

Medicine ball and I work no thumbs on my Tour Links at home all the time, trying to make sure to let the putter work and not manipulate.

Any other pertinent information about your putting stroke or putter(s)...

Not really, I am a huge fan of counterbalanced putters and that is a definite thought for me with the Morgan Cup, especially with the 15" grip being available now and not having to use a 17", I know we would need to go with a head the weight could be upped on like the X or Si series (from the options we have available for the event). I enjoy the heck out of the CB at 38/39 as the balance is great for me and the added length is huge for my posture too.

But, as I was before, I'm an open book here.

From there I sent Brady three videos from different angles for him to break down, excuse the angles and creativity, couldnt get any help at the course and had to do them as best as I could indoors:

So essentially, it wasn't as bad as I anticipated at all. I'm clearly a little rigid and from the front on view you can clearly see what he is talking about with my right shoulder being below my left like I'm setting up to hit driver, and with the mark ups it makes it clear how that forces my head and grip BACK to my right, not bueno as this has introduced a variable in my loft at setup. Outside of that I'm tall and not bending enough from the hips to get my eyes forward a bit more and also getting my sternum over the putter grip/hands a little more. In all though, incredibly easy fixes so I'm very much pleased there.

One thing I know I need to do for helping the hip bend is the 90*/45*/Sole drill (some old pics from the mSeries thread):

DSC_0277.jpg
DSC_0278.jpg
DSC_0284-1.jpg

Also going to continue to work the no thumbs drill, I can put the vids I did on that up later if anyone wants to see them, they're int he mSeries thread but a bit buried to say the least.

In the end, not overwhelming and happy to know these are little things that will be easy to re-ingrain with reps and to get me back where I need to be and then improving.

Brady and I have also got the putter selection nailed down for me, so that was easy. Our familiarity helped a ton there since he fit me before.

As always, if you have q's, please ask!

Dang James that's intense! I can't wait to see how the long term changes affect you game dude, heck I can't wait to see how this affects all of our games that are fortunate enough to go through this. Hopefully I'll see my guy this week and get the process going, I can't wait lol.

Dang James that's intense! I can't wait to see how the long term changes affect you game dude, heck I can't wait to see how this affects all of our games that are fortunate enough to go through this. Hopefully I'll see my guy this week and get the process going, I can't wait lol.

SPi changed my game when I was lucky enough to be part of the mSeries testing, it works, it simplifies, it makes you better and more confident than you could have ever imagined on the greens. From where I was pre-SPi to after, its not even close, oh I was so so so so so horrible.

DUH! Forgot to add, looking like X3, 38", 15" CB grip, 69* lie angle. Still hashing out the headweight.

I'm extremely pleased.

Heck of a read James. I'm excited you got connected with Brady again!

DUH! Forgot to add, looking like X3, 38", 15" CB grip, 69* lie angle. Still hashing out the headweight.

I'm extremely pleased.

The x3 frames the ball soooooo nicely in my experience. Great stuff.

I'm extremely pleased.

Those specs are almost perfect for me. I will need to roll that thing a time or ten. Nice write-up James.

Heck of a read James. I'm excited you got connected with Brady again!

The x3 frames the ball soooooo nicely in my experience. Great stuff.

Thanks dude, he's been really positive about what he saw in the videos, makes me feel better. Looking forward to getting re-acquainted with the X3 tomorrow as well.

Those specs are almost perfect for me. I will need to roll that thing a time or ten. Nice write-up James.

Thanks Erik, I appreciate it. You know first hand as I do what SPi can do, its amazing how the work and ingraining pays mass dividends on the course.

And as I see Brady in here (haha) I'll add that the 90/45/Sole pic's I posted I should be standing more upright when I start, I was a sloucher back then. :alien:

Ben sent me some postings of other spi golfers (professionals) using the device he recomended.

I have completely bought into his recommendations and the spi program. Yesterday I practiced ( as I do daily). I was grading myself on the ball following the path after impact. Turns out that the onecs starts the ball off 9/10 times on thr correct path. The ptm3 was only 4/10. Im not sure if it was the weight of the head or what butt the onecs was working

James, Thanks for posting (#112) your videos & Brady's comments; I think it will really help other THPers (and lurkers) see how SPi works & what it entails.

To me, the most fascinating thing is how much "drift" there is over time in your (and - I imagine, everyone else's) technique. I'm guessing you don't feel like you're tilted to the right in your setup, correct? I know the changes are actually pretty small, but definitely noticeable on camera.

This convinced me that I'm gonna have to reach out to Chris Carfangia & schedule a check-up (either in person or using V1). Keep up the good work - I'm looking forward to following along & seeing your progress!

James, Thanks for posting (#112) your videos & Brady's comments; I think it will really help other THPers (and lurkers) see how SPi works & what it entails.

To me, the most fascinating thing is how much "drift" there is over time in your (and - I imagine, everyone else's) technique. I'm guessing you don't feel like you're tilted to the right in your setup, correct? I know the changes are actually pretty small, but definitely noticeable on camera.

This convinced me that I'm gonna have to reach out to Chris Carfangia & schedule a check-up (either in person or using V1). Keep up the good work - I'm looking forward to following along & seeing your progress!

I had a feeling it was happening as I have a full length mirror I practice in front of, a lot of it for me is as I mentioned the variance in putter lengths from reviews. 34" to 36" is a big difference for me posture wise.

I was conversing via edufii with Jim over the weekend about my tough putting round on Friday (37). I was never comfortable with the FGP in my hands and just couldn't get settled in and commit to the putt. He gave me a drill to do that focuses on me stabilizing my head and not peak. Some of my swing set up snuck into my putting game, so I have a tendency to turn my head away from the ball. This leads to me not being square to the target. We've discussed a couple of different grips and it looks like the double overlap may be the one, although I'm much more comfortable with a the single. We tried the triple overlap, but I had way too much tension in my hands and lost feel.

We set up an appointment for me to come out to the club and work for 3 hours on my game. It also looks like we'll be able to get a quick 9 in. It'll be nice to get a different perspective on my whole game from Jim, because as he's stated, "I'm here to help your whole game.." By then I should have the PTM2 and the X2, so I'll have a couple more putters to try out. I'm really thinking I'm going to like the both of these putters. That style seems to fit my eye better than the original flanged.

Really digging the interaction that edufii allows. He's been able to post videos of drills as well as comment on images I upload. I still owe him a video of my putting stroke.

All in all, this has been a great experience working with SeeMore. I haven't found my SeeMore yet, but I know it's close. My friends have commented on how improved my putting stroke was on Friday, even though I couldn't have sunk a putt into Lake Michigan. The videos, books and training aids provided have helped my game both physically and mentally.

Nice Adam, just trust it and drill it and it'll become second nature. Once you find the one that clicks and sets up to your eye the best, your game on the greens will change forever.

SPi works. It truly does.

Hey James! I talked to Ted today and SeeMore was able to get the head weight to 380 grams which is great! You will be dropping bombs (birdies) in no time with your new SeeMore! I will follow up with you soon on shipping. Until then, continue working on your setup which I know will come back quickly and let me know if you have and questions!

Back