Trout Bum

Regional Rival
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've taken a good look at my eating habits lately and I'm horrified that I've become addicted to junk foods, candy, ice cream, potato chips, chocolate chip cookies, you name it! Anyone else struggle with things that taste good but are bad for you?

I love junk food! and I need to get off it.

Yes.
But frankly you named 4 of the 5 food groups, so what is the problem.

Candy
Ice Cream
Potato Chips
Cookies
And the 5th being pizza.

I have an issue with junk food as well. It used to be just the salty snacks that roped me in, but lately the sweets have been calling too. Chocolate covered almonds are just so damn good haha.

I've taken a good look at my eating habits lately and I'm horrified that I've become addicted to junk foods, candy, ice cream, potato chips, chocolate chip cookies, you name it! Anyone else struggle with things that taste good but are bad for you?

I love junk food! and I need to get off it.

there is one way to just stop... i have never been a sweet tooth in my life. i started living with my GF ( who is ) and sweets are around the house now and i started eating more of it.

now i notice that i crave these types of food sometimes. if you dont eat them for long enough you wont crave them... i wish i could go back. lol

I don't eat junk food a whole lot, but when I do, I usually binge on it. Dr Pepper, Oreos, Snickers, and S&V chips are my weaknesses.

I don't really have a junk food problem, but I have a sweets problem. I don't really like potato chips so that has never been my issue. But lately I would give a finger for some sweets. Cake, ice cream, cookies, if it has lots and lots of sugar in it, than I want it.

Absolutely. I've struggled with food and my weight most of my life. I find that I'm better off having none rather than trying to stop at just a little.
But cookies are just so damn good.

I don't eat junk food a whole lot, but when I do, I usually binge on it. Dr Pepper, Oreos, Snickers, and S&V chips are my weaknesses.

That's totally me, usually it's a weekend when the g/f goes out of town and I get all of the goodness and just stuff my face.

sweets was my problem too, but when you see a 3 as the first digit on a scale..... that opens your eyes on what you eat.

down to 255 now, and the only thig I changed is I dont buy any desert

Sorry but that food is not junk. Those are some of the greatest food creations man has ever created. Like JB said, your just missing pizza.

I do so good on my nutrition all day long and then evening hits and if there is ANY of the above mentioned items in the house they call my name. It's awful! I'd look like Camilo Villegas if it weren't junk food like this, especially on the weekends!

I am genetically predispositioned to have a sweet tooth. Candy and Ice Cream are my vices, and I know that, but I just cannot stop buying them.

Pizza is not junk food...it is a well balanced meal.

I can avoid it all day while at work, but when I get home, I just have to have a Coke and some kind of salty snack.

I have been really good about not buying anything bad for the house, it really is the only way to avoid the temptation. If it's not there, you can't eat it.

What I want to know is how comes there's all these help quit smoking hotlines but not any junk food hotlines we can call? Seriously sometimes I need one. Im lucky to be blessed with a high metabolism because I have a serious cookie addiction lol

Sweets arent an issue for me, buy salty is. Chips, chex mix, etc etc.

Yes.
But frankly you named 4 of the 5 food groups, so what is the problem.

Candy
Ice Cream
Potato Chips
Cookies
And the 5th being pizza.

Ha! I knew I could count on support lol!!

Used to have a problem with all these and also soda. Drank it all day at work. Stopped eating junk food/fast food and soda at the end of the year. Not 100% but better than historical average. Interestingly I feel worse...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't drink a ton of soda, a ginger ale once in a while but damn, cookies have been my crave for the last month then chips. I'm hooked and Pizza? oh my I love a good pie, extra sauce, pepperoni, sausage, green peppers? I'm in heaven!

I don't drink a ton of soda, a ginger ale once in a while but damn, cookies have been my crave for the last month then chips. I'm hooked and Pizza? oh my I love a good pie, extra sauce, pepperoni, sausage, green peppers? I'm in heaven!

Yeah soda gives me heartburn so I haven't had one in like 7 years but damn those cookies.................

I think the only way to avoid it is like GG said, don't bring it in the house. What's really funny is how easy it is to justify getting some, the mind comes up with some hilarious thing when it wants something.

I have been on quite the ice cream kick lately haha. Most of this stuff, I don't have a problem unless you put it in front of me, in which case I will eat it like it's my job hahaha

I have gotten really bad this tax season. Now that April 15 is here and the weather is starting to turn warmer, I will hopefully be able to get back to a healthier lifestyle. I did read an article the other day about a family that completely cut sugar from their diet for an entire year, including foods that have added sugar that you would not think of. They said that they only allowed for sweets on birthdays I believe, and eventually disliked the taste of the birthday desserts. While I don't have any desire to completely cut added sugar from my diet, I would like to cut a lot.

I have gotten really bad this tax season. Now that April 15 is here and the weather is starting to turn warmer, I will hopefully be able to get back to a healthier lifestyle. I did read an article the other day about a family that completely cut sugar from their diet for an entire year, including foods that have added sugar that you would not think of. They said that they only allowed for sweets on birthdays I believe, and eventually disliked the taste of the birthday desserts. While I don't have any desire to completely cut added sugar from my diet, I would like to cut a lot.

I read that article too it was an interesting read.

Back