#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

No idea - I'm betting they are similar though. I just feel like with this being handicapped now, might be a good time to jump on the official cap bus.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

We even have a THP group there. Come join us! The website is pretty good.

This hole plays from an elevated tee to a wide open fairway. Left bunker is a great aim point. Depending on the tees, you can either carry that trap or the ball will feed back into the fairway. You second shot is all up hill to an elevated green that slopes back to front. Always take one more club.

There's that local knowledge. Thanks again, bud.

FWIW everyone has been added to the twitter list/group "TheKing" for easy access by everyone, players and watchers.

Thanks Sparks ......and THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the PM..

No idea - I'm betting they are similar though. I just feel like with this being handicapped now, might be a good time to jump on the official cap bus.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I have Oob as well and it is in line with my GHIN.

Just got off the phone dialing in some details. I promise you guys one heck of an awesome event. You guys are going to have a blast and this resort is so perfect for this.

Great day for this thread! Let's cover some more holes. National #8 looks like 3w is an option if driver confidence is down as long as not playing the tips.

CFAEA70D-B17C-4875-9B1C-8103F8C77722.gif

Great day for this thread! Let's cover some more holes. National #8 looks like 3w is an option if driver confidence is down as long as not playing the tips.

With the formats changing up a little, I might be pulling the BB more than I thought! Looks like the angle into the green will be important here, depending on the pin placement.

Just got off the phone dialing in some details. I promise you guys one heck of an awesome event. You guys are going to have a blast and this resort is so perfect for this.

i know i'm always blown away by what pops up and all the small little things that make THP events so much better. Still no matter what playing with other THPers always tops the list and is the #1 reason i go to events. Excited to see so many friends in Orlando and making new ones!

Buck

Best ball with strokes is easy. Both players are playing their own balls and have their own handicaps. The best of their individual (after handicap) scores count as the team score.

The modified alternate shot format will most likely be adding both, dividing and then applying them in some fashion usually.

Can not wait to see this event played out. Anyone got the butterflies started in the mid region yet?! :D

Pumpage level is at an all time HIGH. Going crazy over here waiting for it when JB says stuff like this!!

3W definitely a serious consideration here from blues and up. On Saturday with the new formats, it's gonna definitely be worth at least one guy Bertha bombing it up there. Those traps are gnarly, best steer clear if possible!

Can not wait to see this event played out. Anyone got the butterflies started in the mid region yet?! :D

those usually start on the first tee and are over by the 4th hole everyday!

I dunno how getting strokes isn't an advantage?

But thats not even the issue i could care less about it being handicapped..... i was just confused about how its figured out with pairs i've never ever heard of that before. and was curious, like i said it doesn't matter i was just trying to learn something new.

This happens all the time and is the way we did the Grandaddy. If nothing else, it will make it more fun for all. The Best Ball format will be just like singles and you will get the pops based on who you are playing. For Alternate shot since we will only be turning in one score, a percentage of the total handicap will be used. It really makes it easier and should allow everyone to play against a broader group.

We will have fun, that much is a guarantee.

This happens all the time and is the way we did the Grandaddy. If nothing else, it will make it more fun for all. The Best Ball format will be just like singles and you will get the pops based on who you are playing. For Alternate shot since we will only be turning in one score, a percentage of the total handicap will be used. It really makes it easier and should allow everyone to play against a broader group.

Factual information above.

Many changes this morning. Thanks for putting this all together JB. Can't wait to get down toFlorida and get this party started.

THP #theking #imwithchad

Definitely excited. Butterflies will be present on the first tee for me I know! I had them at Hilton Head Invitational for the first hole and think they'll be even bigger flutterbys in the old tummy this go round. Competition pressure. Wanting to play well. Not wanting to let my teammates and captain down. Hoping with fingers crossed that all the hard work I've put in pays off when the rubber meets the road.

Can't freaking wait!

They come and go depending on how good my range time is :D

I think this is a good change gents. Will make the competition even closer. I've played in handicaped match play events before. It will be easy peasy. As War and others have said, doesn't change the fact that we'll all need to be gaming our ball and doing our best just like we would have before.

The King is coming and his name is Harry!

Butterflies definitely creep in from time to time. This will be my first foray into golf competition, but I've put in work this winter to get my game better. I feel like I'm better than my where my handicap ended up at the end of last season. Will be feeling the pressure on the first tee. But all we can do is play the best we can.

THP #theking #imwithchad

I think this is a good change gents. Will make the competition even closer. I've played in handicaped match play events before. It will be easy peasy. As War and others have said, doesn't change the fact that we'll all need to be gaming our ball and doing our best just like we would have before.

The King is coming and his name is Harry!

Yep. No excuses for anyone. At the end of the day, you've still got to play solid golf for your ability to win points.

I'm freaking excited!

This is the new #8 on the score card. The tee box lines you up with a stand of very tall trees on the left hand side of the fairway. There is plenty of room right of those trees. Drive is not needed for the longer hitters to stay in play. If some on like Buck hits driver, the traps on the right are in play. From the back tees I hit driver and usually have 9iron to SW into the hole depending on the wind.

The green is fair and holds well struck shots with not issues. Hazard is long bu right off the back of the green from side to side. Make sure your yardage is dialed in.

There are two new holes on The National that will not show up on the web site. The new #10 and #11.

#10 is a par 3 that plays 183 from the blue with bunkers left and short.

#11 is long par 4 that plays 430 from blues and is slightly down hill. Is has a huge fairway that drops off hard on the right into a huge waste bunker.

The new #12 is the old 11th hole par 3.

There are two new holes on The National that will not show up on the web site. The new #10 and #11.

#10 is a par 3 that plays 183 from the blue with bunkers left and short.

#11 is long par 4 that plays 430 from blues and is slightly down hill. Is has a huge fairway that drops off hard on the right into a huge waste bunker.

The new #12 is the old 11th hole par 3.

Think I might have to invest in yardage books when we get down there then. Will be good to have anyways for strategy sessions/team meetings.

Think I might have to invest in yardage books when we get down there then. Will be good to have anyways for strategy sessions/team meetings.

I think I'll be doing the same. Note taking during the practice rounds too.

Yardage books make great souvenirs, too. I like to relive the shots I played while thumbing through a yardage book.

Back