LPGA Lotte Championship [Spoilers]

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Windy over there in Hawaii. Christina Kim plying well early and Wie hitting the ball well again.

Wie is finally playing well, and that odd putting stance doesn't look as forced this season. Still looks strange of course.

She may have missed that last one, buy I could watch Lydia Ko hit iron shots all day.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Staff
She may have missed that last one, buy I could watch Lydia Ko hit iron shots all day.

I liked that she was hitting a hybrid on a par three.

I liked that she was hitting a hybrid on a par three.

She's amazing with them. Can stop them on the greens as well. Anyone who says they get too much role out from hybrids are clearly not hitting them well.

This is an area where Wie always puts a lot of pressure on herself. Hoping that recent success changes that.

• Staff
She's looking good. Needs a few to drop though.

Forgot they were playing on a Wed, this week. Nice to see Wie on the leaderboard again. And, Stanford is steady, as usual.

What has happened to Gulbis. 140th this week? Is she going thru swings changes or a nagging injury?

• Staff
I only remember her swinging the club once on TV and she looked fine to me.

I thought the same, likely just off, the swing didn't look any different to me.

Did she look fine? Or did she "look fine"?:devil::glasses-cool:

Glad to see that players in next to last are getting airtime.

Depends how close they zoomed in :)

Course is playing tough.

If the wind stays up that course is difficult. I played it last January and it was really windy. When we made the turn a marshall just started laughing.

Angela Stanford and Michelle Wie have a pretty good duel right now.

Both players' ability to keep the ball below the wind and their ball striking has been impressive.

Best name in golf has to be Brooke Pancake.

Really hoping Wie can convert a good chunk of those birdie putts today that she's lipped or left short the last couple days... if she had made even half of her birdie putts inside 10 feet she would have a 3 shot lead right now. Tee to green shes been bulletproof. Good to see her playing at that level again.

Wie within one now. Live on the Golf Channel now. Really hoping she can come from behind and get the win at home.

Definitely pulling for Wie. She's been playing well last few weeks and I'd love to see her finally get another win

Great par saving putt by Michelle. 3 way tie at the top after 10 holes.

This is getting good.

Back