Anyone got a Toyota?

clg82

Banned
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone on here had problems with their Toyota and had to take it in for recalls? I have a 1985 Toyota Pickup, yeh you read that right 1985.....I emailed Toyota and asked them if their were any recalls on it....LOL I bet whoever read it got a kick out of it......I said in the email that I didn't have any power steering anymore either :banana:

I don't have a Toyota but I did get a letter in the mail from BMW NA that my hpfp (high pressure fuel pump) now has an extended warranty for 10 years or 120,000 miles. My engine as well as those that are twin turbo'd have known problems as failed hpfps. I haven't had problems, but tons of other people have, and I don't know if the letter that I got is comforting or what :confused2:

My wife has a 2005 Camry that isn't included in the gas pedal recall. No recalls for that model, and it's been rock solid other than a couple of issues with door locks. Those were fixed under warranty though.

My wife has a 2005 Camry that isn't included in the gas pedal recall. No recalls for that model, and it's been rock solid other than a couple of issues with door locks. Those were fixed under warranty though.

Until today.........:beat-up:

Until today.........:beat-up:

We've got a great relationship with the Serice Manager at the Toyota dealer. The door lock levers have been sticky several times, even past the 36k warranty period, yet they replaced one lock free at about 50k.

Yep. Have me a "78 Landcruiser. In fact I just got back from the store with it. Several hundreds of thousands of miles on it. No gas petal problems with it. This critter was built to last. I like Toyota products. If they ever build a truck that can pull/haul what a Ford can, I would not hesitate to purchase one. :D

Yep. Have me a "78 Landcruiser. In fact I just got back from the store with it. Several hundreds of thousands of miles on it. No gas petal problems with it. This critter was built to last. I like Toyota products. If they ever build a truck that can pull/haul what a Ford can, I would not hesitate to purchase one. :D

HAHAHA i'd rather push my toyota then drive a ford.......:D

we have a 94 es300 and while it had a fight with a barbed wire fence the sheet metal was pretty bad the rest of the car has been solid. It now has 193k on original motor and tranny and all we have to do is change fluid and fill it up and drive. If the headlights weren't so glazed over I would have no hesitation to to cross country in it. It's a pretty nice car on the inside.

HAHAHA i'd rather push my toyota then drive a ford.......:D

I don't have a Ford, but perhaps you should look at quality ratings over the past several years. Ford is making some of the most reliable cars in the world right now.

I have a 2000 Celica and the wife drives a 2004 Matrix XR. No problems, no recall notifications. In my opinion, this whole debacle stinks of conflicting interests (with the govn't owning majority of GM) and is a distraction from what the govn't really should be focused on. Just my opinion.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...t-committee-members-representing-auto-plants/

i love the Matrix. yeah, i'm starting to feel bad for Toyota at this point, they're being pryed open like a can of tuna, but there's some things they did in the past that wasn't really smart in order to save some money and it looks like that's coming back to bite them. i still think that Toyota people will be Toyota people.

Apparently they knew about these issues for a while and was just hush over it. I don't remember where it was, but a few weeks ago, they were doing Toyota commercials and how their #1 priority right now is to get all their recalls fixed!

2003 4 Runner. Have received no recall notices and the thing runs great at 105,000 miles. I still prefer my 2000 Chevy extended cab.

I don't have a Ford, but perhaps you should look at quality ratings over the past several years. Ford is making some of the most reliable cars in the world right now.

+1....Ford has made an unbelievable come back from the Fix Or Repair Daily days....

The Toyota Tundra's small V8 puts out 310 hp, 327 lb.-ft. tq, and their larger one puts out 381 hp and 401 lb.-ft tq. Not bad I'd say.

we have a 94 es300 and while it had a fight with a barbed wire fence the sheet metal was pretty bad the rest of the car has been solid. It now has 193k on original motor and tranny and all we have to do is change fluid and fill it up and drive. If the headlights weren't so glazed over I would have no hesitation to to cross country in it. It's a pretty nice car on the inside.

The ES300 (based on the Camry) is a great car. For your headlights, I've heard that this product works well.

51i8bnyEssL._SS500_.jpg

Last edited:
+1....Ford has made an unbelievable come back from the Fix Or Repair Daily days....

Or the Found On Road Dead days...

The new Ford Fusion is rated as one of the best new cars you can buy now and the Hybrid is one of the most advanced cars out.

My wife has a 2008 Sienna Minivan, no recalls yet that I'm aware of! In my opinion it's a great minivan too, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Or the Found On Road Dead days...

The new Ford Fusion is rated as one of the best new cars you can buy now and the Hybrid is one of the most advanced cars out.

The new Fusion is a good-looking car! Looks much better than the Mercury Milan IMO.

is that the car with the ventilated seats? I am not sure how well that would work but it sounds intriguing.

Im not sure but Ive always liked the idea of having cooled seats in the summer. And Fords also have the cool Sync thing that you can connect with your phone by bluetooth.

I'm sure toyota's being dragged though the coals a bit more than if we'd had the exact same problems from GM

we EXPECT garbage from GM, but we hold Toyota to a higher standard

it's like finding out Tiger woods cheated on his wife vs finding out John Daly did (I have no idea if JD has cheated, but he's certainly had some issues)

I'm sure Toyota's are still safe, and fine.. the main problem I have with toyota is that every product is just so appliance like and BORING to drive.

is that the car with the ventilated seats? I am not sure how well that would work but it sounds intriguing.

Ventilated seats have been around for awhile. My friend's 2002 Saab 9-5 has them. It's weird having air conditioning come from it, but it's cool - literally!

I'm sure toyota's being dragged though the coals a bit more than if we'd had the exact same problems from GM

we EXPECT garbage from GM, but we hold Toyota to a higher standard

it's like finding out Tiger woods cheated on his wife vs finding out John Daly did (I have no idea if JD has cheated, but he's certainly had some issues)

I'm sure Toyota's are still safe, and fine.. the main problem I have with toyota is that every product is just so appliance like and BORING to drive.

You can't be serious.....:confused2:

Im not sure but Ive always liked the idea of having cooled seats in the summer. And Fords also have the cool Sync thing that you can connect with your phone by bluetooth.

Me too! I used to have a honda accord that was all black with black leather seats and no tinted windows in Florida....I used to have to keep a towel in the car because in the summer my legs would burn like crazy on the seats so I had to put a towel down. If I have leather seats again I am definitely getting tinted windows....and hopefully seat coolers. I did like having the dual A/C in that car, this way my passenger couldn't complain it was too cold in the car.

Ventilated seats have been around for awhile. My friend's 2002 Saab 9-5 has them. It's weird having air conditioning come from it, but it's cool - literally!

I had no idea they have had ventilated seats for that long. I guess it just wasn't a feature in my Saturn haha. I was just happy to get automatic locks, cruise control, and a keyless remote entry those were my requirements.

She Who Must be Obeyed bought a 2010 Rav 4 last month. Fortunately it was made in Japan and is not affected by the recall.

Back