Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I bought my set, I also bought a 54* wedge. The more I play the more I am wanting a 58* or 60* wedge.
I am leaning towards the 58*.

Do you have room for both? Next question for you would be what are you not able to do with the 54 that you are missing and think higher lofted would work?

Both of those will identify which wedge would work best for you

I am thinking of closer shots. In reality, do I really need something other than the 54*...probably not but when I get close I could pop it on green without too much roll out, I am think'n. And I do have room for both.

Pondering new shoes, my girls birthday and a trip to Berlin for a mates stag is holding off any impending purchases though!

I am thinking of closer shots. In reality, do I really need something other than the 54*...probably not but when I get close I could pop it on green without too much roll out, I am think'n. And I do have room for both.

If you ever make it up my way, you are more than welcome to take some different 58° wedges out on the course to try.

Seems like I've been bit by the Callaway bug. I hit T0AD's Apex on the range Sunday and stared at the Apex irons and read reviews on them for a long time last night. My lesson being at a Golfsmith store tomorrow is not a good thing. I'm already getting fit for the BB tomorrow, I just have to make sure to stay away from the irons.

I was all set to replace the full set from wedges to driver but just can't find an iron set that outperforms and out"feels" my Razr XF graphites, now driver, 3w, hybrids (3&4), and wedges.....
That's another story, going Cobra Bio Cel driver, X-hot 3w/3&4 hybrid and wedges TBD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putter. Not anser style, but something smaller than the Spider S. Not feeling comfortable looking down at it any longer.

Putter. Not anser style, but something smaller than the Spider S. Not feeling comfortable looking down at it any longer.

Next important questions would be center shafted or heel shafted? Milled or insert?

I'm pondering a training aid that will help me shorten my backswing on the range.

I need something that forces me to only take the club back to parallel during the backswing. Basically something that forces me to only go like 25% of the way back.

Have you tried the impact ball?
It would tend to shorten your swing if your swing is not connected all the way.

maj is correct.

GolfGhost, I vote mFPG2.

Still pondering the Spider Ghost 72 that TaylorMade teased on twitter a few weeks ago.

I cannot find ANYTHING else on this putter online.

maj is correct.

GolfGhost, I vote mFPG2.

Would love to try a Seemore, unfortunately we don't sell them at at the course I work at and were encouraged to play the brands we sell. That leaves me down to Scotty, Taylormade, or Ping for putters. Love the Fastback Select, which is probably at the top of my list right now.

Next important questions would be center shafted or heel shafted? Milled or insert?

Heel shafted. Insert or milled doesn't matter to me. Just comes down to it being from Scotty, Taylormade, or Ping really.

Would love to try a Seemore, unfortunately we don't sell them at at the course I work at and were encouraged to play the brands we sell. That leaves me down to Scotty, Taylormade, or Ping for putters. Love the Fastback Select, which is probably at the top of my list right now.

SQ007_hero_wide_F.jpg

I myself am now pondering this:

WZ028_hero_wide_F.jpg

How did I miss this???

I was just going to post from Taylormade that would be the option. Would have to be the Ghost Tour series though, just not a fan of CB from the short time I've had with them.

SQ026_hero_wide_F.jpg

Heel shafted. Insert or milled doesn't matter to me. Just comes down to it being from Scotty, Taylormade, or Ping really.

Have you heard anything about the Spider Ghost 72? Apparently Sergio is using it and TM teased it on their twitter a few weeks ago. I NEED to roll this putter.

Spider stability in a compact head shape? Yes please

Have you tried the impact ball?
It would tend to shorten your swing if your swing is not connected all the way.

I have not but am interested. Any place to get for less than $40?

My lesson last night has me exaggerating the heck out of an abbreviated backswing and getting my hips turned with my arms along for the ride. I have an extremely long and armsy swing. I'm thinking this could really help.

My lesson last night has me exaggerating the heck out of an abbreviated backswing and getting my hips turned with my arms along for the ride. I have an extremely long and armsy swing. I'm thinking this could really help.

Cookie, you can make one if you are willing to try. Get a nerf volleyball and cut out some slots on the side.

Cookie, you can make one if you are willing to try. Get a nerf volleyball and cut out some slots on the side.

I can do that. Any recommendation on distance to be left between forearms when done? Anyone have one they can measure?

One other thing you can do is exaggerate the arms being straight almost can't flex the elbows and have them very close to your body and only the shoulders take the club back. The feeling is your arms are two rods which can only move a little. Its a very shoulder hands swing. Do let the arms and the rest of the body move in reaction to the swing. Just make sure the legs and arms are very stable and you are simply turning your shoulders and to a lesser degree your hips.

I can do that. Any recommendation on distance to be left between forearms when done? Anyone have one they can measure?

If you remind me, I will take some pics with a measuring tape this weekend. I'm pretty bad at remembering stuff, so just text me.

Mine is 4.5" on one end and 6" on the other. It makes it a little tapered.

impact ball

impact ball

IMG_20140418_101500302.jpgIMG_20140418_101518491.jpgIMG_20140418_101526361_HDR.jpgIMG_20140418_101513421.jpg

Some impact ball photos for you, Cookie.

A rangefinder. No idea which one.

+1 on something with Jolt. I would love a Z6 or an 1M, but they are pricey. The V3 is solid.
I have the Tour Z6 with Jolt, and I'd be lost without the Jolt. My hands aren't steady enough to consistently shoot the pin, so Jolt has been invaluable for me.

I bought mine when tgw was doing a 20% off sale, and traded in a few clubs that weren't worth selling, and ended up paying about half of what it retails for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back