Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot get my mind off the Adams XTD driver. By no means do I need it, as I'm getting my Big Bertha in a week. But, I can't stop thinking about the way I hit it - was just so sweet, and the distance was ALL THERE.

I cannot get my mind off the Adams XTD driver. By no means do I need it, as I'm getting my Big Bertha in a week. But, I can't stop thinking about the way I hit it - was just so sweet, and the distance was ALL THERE.

The ball speeds I got out of it in testing confirmed its a heck of a design. I liked it a lot, would love to have it in the 12* version.

That's a sweet driver, I don't blame you for thinking about it even after the Bertha.

The ball speeds I got out of it in testing confirmed its a heck of a design. I liked it a lot, would love to have it in the 12* version.

Sure is. Obviously I want the BB to work out well, but this guy would probably be my go to if it didn't.

Pondering a TM R1 off of Craigslist...all I can find are stiff shafts though. I don't know if I can hit more than regular.

Pondering a TM R1 off of Craigslist...all I can find are stiff shafts though. I don't know if I can hit more than regular.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I found the R1 55 gram stock stiff Aldila RIP Phenom shaft to be very whippy and feel more like a regular flex.

I may just jump then, the price is right for sure.

Pondering Callaway clubs...a full bag of them. Unfortunately this is a Hawkponder as of now. There will be some Callaway love in my bag this year though. Most likely driver but I'm not sure.

Shafts for wedges...Pretty sure that I'm going to go 125g C-Taper for my 52* since its going to be so short and should keep the flex pretty much the same as my 120G C-Tapers. Was thinking about going 130G in my 57*. I'm not going to using it much for full swings, its mainly used for touch around the green, flops, bump and runs, things like that. I like a little heavier shaft in my wedges. But I'm wondering if I should just go 125G softstepped once in each wedge and be done with it?

Pondering Callaway clubs...a full bag of them. Unfortunately this is a Hawkponder as of now. There will be some Callaway love in my bag this year though. Most likely driver but I'm not sure.

Great, great ponder!

I'm with ya man haha. If I had funds to blow, I would be all over some combo of Apex/Apex Pro with KBS Tour V's throughout, and then Callaway would own my whole bag. I'm becoming more and more convinced I could use more forgiveness in the mid irons than the CMB's offer.

Shafts for wedges...Pretty sure that I'm going to go 125g C-Taper for my 52* since its going to be so short and should keep the flex pretty much the same as my 120G C-Tapers. Was thinking about going 130G in my 57*. I'm not going to using it much for full swings, its mainly used for touch around the green, flops, bump and runs, things like that. I like a little heavier shaft in my wedges. But I'm wondering if I should just go 125G softstepped once in each wedge and be done with it?

Silly question: can you softstep a wedge shaft? I didn't think you could do that with the standard "wedge" flex shafts.

I'm with ya man haha. If I had funds to blow, I would be all over some combo of Apex/Apex Pro with KBS Tour V's throughout, and then Callaway would own my whole bag. I'm becoming more and more convinced I could use more forgiveness in the mid irons than the CMB's offer.

I just love what they've done with the company the last few years. Their equipment lineups have been SOLID, and their approach to consumer relations have been awesome. Top that off with what they've done with THP and I simply want to support them. It will be a win-win!

Silly question: can you softstep a wedge shaft? I didn't think you could do that with the standard "wedge" flex shafts.

Well I won't be going with a true "wedge" shaft per say. I'm going basically with what would be a pitching wedge length C-Taper in a Vokey. I'm not sure how they would build it, but I would assume that is how they would do it. Take the shortest available C-Taper shaft and then build it from there.

I just love what they've done with the company the last few years. Their equipment lineups have been SOLID, and their approach to consumer relations have been awesome. Top that off with what they've done with THP and I simply want to support them. It will be a win-win!

Totally agree, and this is coming from someone who just over a year ago thought all Callaway gear was garbage. After the epic Adams event, all the brands in my bag support THP :D

Told myself I didn't need anything new this year but I heard about a Titleist fitting at my local course here and went yesterday, hit the AP1's and AP2's and they were nice nothing spectacular but just for fun I hit the D2 driver and I really liked the shaft he had me hitting, it was the Diamana Whiteboard 62 stiff and it just felt so good. Now I'm wondering if I can get it for my Nike Covert and if it would perform the same. Oh golf why do you do this to me?

Seriously pondering the AP1 or the covert 2.0 forged....hit both of them and the covert is about a club longer, but it feels very different. It's not a bad feeling, just different. AP1 feel amazing but were 10y shorter.....I hate golf equipment sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I found the R1 55 gram stock stiff Aldila RIP Phenom shaft to be very whippy and feel more like a regular flex.

Yes, I felt the same way. I had an issue with the stock Stiff shaft. Tmag ended up sending me a tour shaft.

Sent from my Note 3

Seriously pondering the AP1 or the covert 2.0 forged....hit both of them and the covert is about a club longer, but it feels very different. It's not a bad feeling, just different. AP1 feel amazing but were 10y shorter.....I hate golf equipment sometimes.

Where'd the distance loss come from for you? Ball speed or a spin/launch thing?

Launch and a little ball speed. I really don't know if I could go wrong with either...

Wanting to go TaylorMade MB, but it seems that no LH option...MC is next in line. CB doesn't fit my eye.

Officially pulling my 4i out and going back to a 4h. I have my steel shafted XLR hybrid that I'll use for now, but I'll be looking around for an inexpensive but decent 22* hybrid. I wouldn't mind a DXi to match my 3h, but they're tough to track down on eBay. There's a few there right now but they're all lefties.

Wanting to go TaylorMade MB, but it seems that no LH option...MC is next in line. CB doesn't fit my eye.

IMO, the MCs are the lookers of the group. Got some of the best features of the other two models.

IMO, the MCs are the lookers of the group. Got some of the best features of the other two models.

They are great looking irons.

Apparently, I will be pondering this for a while longer, the guy sold it out from under me. Told me to come get it an when I got there he had sold it to someone else. Bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back