New video game "The Golf Club"

I've been playing the game for a few hours and I just have to say wow. Once I figured out the controls, the options were limitless. To build a course you set a few parameters like difficulty and terrain (they are adding links style later which is going to be insane). From there a course is generated where you can do whatever you want. The first course I generated I spent 20 minutes changing the terrain of the first fairway. I wont even bother listing what you can do because if you want to do it you probably can. Here are a few photos from my first complete course build.

These are holes 6,7,8, and 9 and they are really tough. 7 is a par 4 500 yard beast. Originally the tee box was too close so I moved it to make a forced carry over water.
2014-04-18_00001_zps359de045.jpg

Here is another view of 7 within the editor. I even elevated the tee box to make it a little easier.
2014-04-18_00002_zpsdbda079d.jpg

The third hole is a massive 640 yard par 5 that I made extremely narrow with an elevated tee box. The close bunker on the left is actually for the second hole.
2014-04-18_00003_zpsa47c3965.jpg

The cool part is after you finish a hole, you can play test it right away. I took the strategy of placing bunkers where I thought I would hit the ball and used them to protect the greens. When I played the entire course I kept thinking what idiot put a bunker right where my tee shots were landing then I realized it was me. I could spend hours playing in the editor it is really addicting. YOu can publish your courses too so other people can download them.

Actually playing a round needs some improvement, mainly the putting. There is no way to gauge how hard you are putting which makes it very frustrating. Ball striking was similar to the tiger woods games when using a controller. What I really loved was you can control your shot (draw/fade) very easily. My favorite moment was hitting a beautiful fade around some trees and landing it on the green.

Obviously the game is still a ways from release and some other improvements are needed. For example it does run really slow and I had to lower the resolution and graphics settings. I really wish I had my desktop with me to really see how it looks. A few other features are not available yet but by release I think this game will be a must play just from the editor alone. If you have an eye for detail you can spend weeks making a single course.

Wow.

That looks absolutely incredible.

Great thoughts Nighthawk. I can't wait for this one, it's not even a matter of if, but when it will be purchased. Looking more and more like we will see either a June or summer release, which really bums me out but it is what it is.

just bought it, downloading it now

So much want when it's available for consoles. Especially if you can do the editing like you can on a PC

So much want when it's available for consoles. Especially if you can do the editing like you can on a PC

You can.. And I am going to make death trap golf courses and you will be cursing my name

I hate I don't have a PC to play this on right now and my laptop is just not going to do it justice, if render the graphics at all. I wonder if I could get it with the sole purpose of building courses and just crank the graphics all the way down to get by until later.

Wish I didn't just sell my gaming PC. I will be grabbing this the day it comes out for consoles cant wait for it.

How does this run on a new toshiba laptop? Also read some reviews, said this game is most too easy . Players have stated you can hit it dead straight every swing , putting is hard though . Still would like to buy , just not sure if my toshiba laptop will be adequate

How does this run on a new toshiba laptop? Also read some reviews, said this game is most too easy . Players have stated you can hit it dead straight every swing , putting is hard though . Still would like to buy , just not sure if my toshiba laptop will be adequate

Check the specs on their website

If the laptop has a dedicated card it should run on low to medium. Hitting it straight isnt that hard but if you move the thumbstick slightly to the left or right it will be a pronounced hook/fade.

Here are the minimum requirements:
187T1Mx.png

Last edited:
Dangit! I think my laptop could swing all those specs except the video. I just checked and it's only a DX10 card.

I made an autumn themed course. I decided to make an "Easy" course. I used bunkers and this time trees to protect greens and make different shot decisions off of the tee. Its 6707 yards with relatively flat greens. A good course to get used to putting. I took the screenshots at 1080p and high settings.

6th hole. I had a tin cup moment here, its a ~210 yard carry to the green
2014-04-19_00005_zpsdd6e85ca.jpg

13th hole, a short par 3, if you look closely you can see a couple deer behind the hole
2014-04-19_00003_zps90bd0e1f.jpg

2014-04-19_00009_zps29dbf9d1.jpg

3rd hole long carry over the water
2014-04-19_00010_zpsbefd0080.jpg

10th hole. This is a fun one with some risk/reward. From the tee its 189 or so yards to the bunker but if you go right and try to keep it very close to the trees you can drive it close but that other bunker comes into play.
2014-04-19_00007_zps32a9cda9.jpg

Its amazing how much you think when placing bunkers and trees and such when you are a golfer. I need to make a few adjustments on this course and add some finer details. On 13 I added a water container and a box for tees on the tee box and at 9 I added bathrooms and I added some golf carts in front of the clubhouse. The one thing the editor is missing is a fairway brush option so you can make completely custom fairways and an option to add custom water. I seriously can not wait for the links and desert options.

If anyone else has this game I would love to try some other courses from people here and get some feedback on mine.

Gosh, seeing those screenshots I can't wait any more to play this game. Going to do a number on people designing courses.

I am intrigued to see how this works out on the console level. Not sure how fun it will be trying to create a course/hole on a console w/ a controller, but I sure hope it is badass.

Dang it. Might have to go check this out and buy it. Looks like a ton of fun.

The pc version only really works with a controller. All the editing I've done is with an xbox controller. Its not that bad just using the thumb stick can be difficult in placing objects exactly where I want them.

The pc version only really works with a controller. All the editing I've done is with an xbox controller. Its not that bad just using the thumb stick can be difficult in placing objects exactly where I want them.

Hmmm. Didn't realize that. But still not a game changer. I have plenty of Xbox controllers laying around the house.

Ah, ok.

Nice.

Wow this is amazing. When I have time I have to create a tough layout. Love the screenshots so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn. This game, and those screenshots are going to cost me a new console. I MUST own this.

New video game "The Golf Club"

I am so excited for this.. I was worried what would become of this one at the start but all the videos I have seen have me very excited to get it for ps4

I published the autumn themed course. It is called Autumn Ridge if anyone has the game and wants to try it. I had to edit the 6th hole par 5 because you needed two absolutely perfect shots to reach to green or it was in the water. Now fairway runs along the left of the lake and you have the risk reward option of laying up to the left or trying to carry the lake. I took more notes when I play tested it for improvement then I have taken in class lately. I think I have a problem.

I think this will be the thing that pushes me over the edge to buy a PS4 or XB1. I want to play this so bad!

Back