Jetspeed...why do you guys think it's not selling...

I'm confused. You said that the SLDR is longer, straighter, and more consistent, but not for the high handicapper? Which according to Taylormade is not the case at all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm saying a lot more goes into the SLDR when it comes to fitting. If you want something very forgiving with not much adjustability then JetSpeed provides this. The SLDR allows you to dial it in more to provide maximum distance and straighter drives. Most amateurs and high cappers don't know how to mess with all the settings and dial it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I have made it a point to offer the JetSpeed with the free fairway and people don't want it. Everyone goes Bertha or SLDR.

I'm saying a lot more goes into the SLDR when it comes to fitting. If you want something very forgiving with not much adjustability then JetSpeed provides this. The SLDR allows you to dial it in more to provide maximum distance and straighter drives. Most amateurs and high cappers don't know how to mess with all the settings and dial it in.

A properly dialed in driver should be done during a fitting, doesn't matter what driver it is. Has nothing to do with anyone's handicap.

Sure it does. I can't tell you how many people walk in and buy drivers and other clubs without testing it.

The JetSpeed is more for the higher capper IMO. SLDR offers more adjustability and is built for the low to mid capper. The JetSpeed has the speed pocket which promotes a bigger sweet spot and less spin. There is no doubt in my mind once you find the right position for the 20 gram weight on the SLDR that you will hit it longer, straighter and more consistent. There is a reason Phil used it during the Presidents Cup and he is a Callaway guy!

I've tried the SLDR on every setting there is, and not one of those settings improved the club at all for me. At the end of the day, the SLDR is a ridiculously low spinning head that overs little forgiveness for hits that are not 100% on the sweet spot.

My handicap must be too high for this drvr.

I've tried the SLDR on every setting there is, and not one of those settings improved the club at all for me. At the end of the day, the SLDR is a ridiculously low spinning head that overs little forgiveness for hits that are not 100% on the sweet spot.

My handicap must be too high for this drvr.

And you just proved my point.

Sure it does. I can't tell you how many people walk in and buy drivers and other clubs without testing it.

Which still has nothing to do with someone's handicap. Also I know high handicappers playing the SLDR and low handicappers and even + handicappers playing the Jetspeed. I stand by my argument that adjustability and fitting has nothing to do with someone's handicap.

Which still has nothing to do with someone's handicap. Also I know high handicappers playing the SLDR and low handicappers and even + handicappers playing the Jetspeed. I stand by my argument that adjustability and fitting has nothing to do with someone's handicap.

We'll just agree to disagree then. Enjoy your weekend and hit em straight!

We'll just agree to disagree then. Enjoy your weekend and hit em straight!

That's fine. Just saying that everyone should be fit, which comes from Taylormade themselves.

That's fine. Just saying that everyone should be fit, which comes from Taylormade themselves.

I agree with you that people should be properly fit. Makes a huge difference.

And you just proved my point.

I do not believe I did...

My handicap is in the mid single digits.

I agree with you that people should be properly fit. Makes a huge difference.

....and the SLDR is not handicap specific, but that's fine as well.

Skim alert...

It was said earlier by someone and whoever said it I believe hit it right on the head. I think they put the Jetspeed out to drive more people in to buy the SLDR. Just my opinion but picking that JS up, it feels really cheap. I get that they may have been going for light, but cheap is what comes to mind at first feel. Build a little interest, but only enough to make people want to check it out, not buy it. Seems to me the marketing is much heavier towards selling the SLDR. After the many drivers TM has released over the last few years, with all the adjustably, I am kind of confused as to where the Jetspeed actually fits in....

Speaking of marketing the Jetspeed -- I rather liked the puppets, but did anyone in TMag think about the subtext that it shows that their touring pros have been 'puppetized' into touting the Jetspeed, dancing to whatever tune their puppet-masters dictate regardless of whether they play the club or not? We all know that the pros have to shuck and jive as their contracts stipulate, but am I the only one who thought this ad was unintentionally a little too bald?

And I actually like the Jetspeed! Super easy to hit and in the long run it would be much better for Joe Hacker to game than the devious, finicky SLDR.

Mark, I thought the same exact thing about the puppets. The unintentional double meaning was hilarious

The JetSpeed is more for the higher capper IMO. SLDR offers more adjustability and is built for the low to mid capper. The JetSpeed has the speed pocket which promotes a bigger sweet spot and less spin. There is no doubt in my mind once you find the right position for the 20 gram weight on the SLDR that you will hit it longer, straighter and more consistent. There is a reason Phil used it during the Presidents Cup and he is a Callaway guy!

Everybody is going to have different opinions on clubs, but some of the info above (non-opinion part) is just not accurate.

I recently had a choice of choosing a driver and I went with what I had hit. And what I had been told it. I never even thought about the other two options.
For a couple reason, one of the drivers I did not like the look of at address but it was marketed.
The driver option didn't cross my mind because I didn't realize it was out there. And this last reason is why I feel the Jet Speed isn't selling. The average golf consumer does not know it's out there. Not because of handicap or playing ability but lack of exposure.
Everything we see is SLDR, loft up, limited edition white, DJ hitting it in commercials. I have yet to see a Jetspeed spot other than the creepy puppet campaign that doesn't run any longer.
And to perfectly honest, I don't know the sales of the Jetspeed. For all I know the JS could have done just fine for TM and accomplished what they wanted.

I assumed this is what the Jetspeed was suppose to be when they released it, and thought it would be my next driver. Unfortunately it is just not the case, not for me anyway. I really liked the looks of it, but when I hit it, it feels like I am hitting rocks. I don't know if it's the forward cg or if it's just not forgiving enough for me, but it is definitely not for this high handicapper.

Everybody is going to have different opinions on clubs, but some of the info above (non-opinion part) is just not accurate.

Which part isn't accurate?

Which part isn't accurate?

The JetSpeed is not at all that much more forgiving, it's minute really and that comes back to what low and forward CG does by nature, it and forgiving (especially laterally) do not go together. Additionally a ton of testing has shown the weight does practically nothing in that location of the head, the weight shift there isn't enough to truly alter ball flight, it needs to be on the perimeter of the club to do that and they (TM) legally can't put it there thanks to patents of other companies.

Now, people will see and believe what they do and that's cool, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's stone cold fact.

Let make is simple... The Jet Speed isn't selling because Taylor Made homers are choosing the SLDR, and the X2 Hot and The Bertha offering are taking market share also.... I've hit all mentioned and like the Big Bertha the best..

Dax

The JetSpeed is not at all that much more forgiving, it's minute really and that comes back to what low and forward CG does by nature, it and forgiving (especially laterally) do not go together. Additionally a ton of testing has shown the weight does practically nothing in that location of the head, the weight shift there isn't enough to truly alter ball flight, it needs to be on the perimeter of the club to do that and they (TM) legally can't put it there thanks to patents of other companies.

Now, people will see and believe what they do and that's cool, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's stone cold fact.
This is probably true for many amateurs, but for those with their worst miss being low on the face and not lateral (guilty), Jet Speed is significantly more forgiving than SLDR in terms of distance loss and feel. Despite that, JS still isn't on my short list of replacement drivers (been working on that since Nov and am close now), as it's just too prone to a big hook for me. As are some offerings from competing OEMs too.

I spent 90 mins at a TM demo day Thursday and did witness 4 JS sold in that time frame to 1 SLDR but that was primarily due to the promo. (Buy the Driver get a Fairway or Hybo). Coincidentally that is eerily similar to the offer I was getting on the Razr Fit Extreme when I first started looking to upgrade my driver several months ago, so I'm not bashing TM here.

This is probably true for many amateurs, but for those with their worst miss being low on the face and not lateral (guilty), Jet Speed is significantly more forgiving than SLDR in terms of distance loss and feel. Despite that, JS still isn't on my short list of replacement drivers (been working on that since Nov and am close now), as it's just too prone to a big hook for me. As are some offerings from competing OEMs too.

I spent 90 mins at a TM demo day Thursday and did witness 4 JS sold in that time frame to 1 SLDR but that was primarily due to the promo. (Buy the Driver get a Fairway or Hybo). Coincidentally that is eerily similar to the offer I was getting on the Razr Fit Extreme when I first started looking to upgrade my driver several months ago, so I'm not bashing TM here.

When i tried the jetspeed it does offer more forgiveness vertically than SLDR but just a little

Callaway is also offering the same promo on the X2Hot as TM is with the JetSpeed

When i tried the jetspeed it does offer more forgiveness vertically than SLDR but just a little

Callaway is also offering the same promo on the X2Hot as TM is with the JetSpeed

The Callaway promo is on the XHot Pro. Not the reg XHot or X2. At least that is what the offer is at the Dicks I work at right now.

I personally liked the Jetspeed a lot. I got rid of it for the Big Bertha and regret this decision. Both performed similarly for me. I like the looks of the set up much better on the Jetspeed. I like a driver that sits lower and flatter to the ball but this is just personal preference. I actually plan on going back to the Jetspeed and taking advantage of the free fairway wood give away. Just my .02.

Back