2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your a great inspiration Ricky, congrats on the milestone and enjoy your walk today.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

So here goes. When I had my surgery on June 25th 2013, I weighed in at 410. That is a ridiculous number and something I am quite embarrassed about but you guys are my family and I want you to know the full story. Today is April 19th and for the first time in a REALLY REALLY long time I weighed in at 299.8. I still have work to do but in the past year I have seen so many changes in me physically and mentally. The endless support and encouragement from THPers has been overwhelming and I appreciate it more than words can describe. Heading out to walk 18 holes today to celebrate something I couldnt have done even a year ago.

Dev, thanks for sharing that for many reasons and a heartfelt congratulations on reaching that milestone. By reading this you have even motivated me more to keep working on losing weight and getting healthy.

Whereas you started your journey a year ago I just started mine this January. I began this lifestyle change after visiting the doctor and finding out I weighed in at a whopping 391lbs. I was ashamed, mad, depressed and a whole lot of other emotions with finding this out and I had no one to blame anymore but myself. Poor eating and lifestyle choices had gotten me here and it was time for me to accept the responsibility of making changes.

I am proud to say that as of today I am down to 348lbs, I too have a long way to go but you sir have given me even more hope and motivation to continue this journey.

I just want to say thank you for sharing this and once again applaud you for your accomplishment.

Congrats Dev and Nixon on making such great changes in your lives!!! I know you both have a way to go in your journeys but your both making amazing strides!!

Just knocked out insanity pure cardio...a friendly reminder that workout is effing intense.

First time one of my workouts has negatively affected my golf game. Had a serious bicep/tricep/forearm workout Saturday after a round of golf, woke up Sunday with incredibly stiff arms and fought a fade/block/slice all day. Just absolutely could not release the club head. Will have to make a mental note to never do that again. Back to the grind this week, legs day today!

Almost a full week of exercising and dieting under my belt.

Down 5 lbs since I weighed in late Monday night.

Left probably 2 lbs on the table this week with Easter eating and taking a few days off of exercising, but I got the momentum and motivation I need to keep plugging away.

Almost a full week of exercising and dieting under my belt.

Down 5 lbs since I weighed in late Monday night.

Left probably 2 lbs on the table this week with Easter eating and taking a few days off of exercising, but I got the momentum and motivation I need to keep plugging away.

Atta boy Mikey. Keep after it. You know what to do.

Atta boy Mikey. Keep after it. You know what to do.

Thanks man, nothing pisses me off more than working to lose weight ive already lost before lol

Thanks man, nothing pisses me off more than working to lose weight ive already lost before lol

Pffft. We have all done it man. It's easy to get lazy and just sit back and enjoy life but guys like us arent able to just eat whatever we want and stay skinny like a damn string bean with no working out. We need the daily grind but at least we have each other for support.

Always frustrating seeing the scale yo-yo a bit, but it definitely adds a little motivation. Always comes down to diet for me, trying to maintain better eating habits this week.

Beat my lower body up on the jungle gym tonight. Easier than last time. Progress! Moving on to the next phase later this week.

Put in 45 mins on the treadmill tonight. Gotta keep it going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Scarnici. I've been considering giving running another shot. Just not sure my knees will handle it.

I went through a little issue with my left knee but I got a quality brace and it has been golden ever since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't tried a few things, but the Dr said too bad, so sad because it's a meniscus thing. I want to so bad though, especially since it's nice out. I'm going to just give it a go one day and hope.

Man this is a bummer.... I have to buy new pants because mine don't fit anymore, they're TOO BIG! Even with a belt they are falling off, what a problem to have, haha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Man this is a bummer.... I have to buy new pants because mine don't fit anymore, they're TOO BIG! Even with a belt they are falling off, what a problem to have, haha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Been dealing with that myself. A pain in the butt! I wanted to wait as long as possible b/c I know I'll drop another size or two eventually, but I had to bite the bullet a couple weeks ago.

Hard as hell crossfit Thursday and tonight. Got a 15k race on Saturday. Should be great weather.

Been dealing with that myself. A pain in the butt! I wanted to wait as long as possible b/c I know I'll drop another size or two eventually, but I had to bite the bullet a couple weeks ago.

Old Navy is the friend of the weight loser. By the time you drop to the next size they have fallen apart.

Skipped running and went to Crossfit this evening. We did 'Grace' (30 Power Clean and Jerks for time). Before the workout I worked up to a PR 1RM for Power Clean and Jerk of 155 then did the WOD at 105 in 7:08. I am exhausted.

45 minute session of core work and it kicked my butt. First time really doing a dedicated workout just for that and wow, I am spent....

Skipped running and went to Crossfit this evening. We did 'Grace' (30 Power Clean and Jerks for time). Before the workout I worked up to a PR 1RM for Power Clean and Jerk of 155 then did the WOD at 105 in 7:08. I am exhausted.

30 minute of clean and jerks sounds intense.

No just 30 for time. 30 minutes would kill me.

Even still. 30 clean and jerks is pretty crazy.

As I think about it, I do 4 sets of 6 reps. So it's not crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back