The 2014-15 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Is it fall yet!!! I can't wait to get the year started.

I know Nebraska is ready to go!
JSP201404121996_FBC_Nebraska_Spring_Game.jpg

I'm not sure this season can be much better for me as an Auburn fan after the year I enjoyed last year. (except for Pasadena, that one still stings)

This really amused me this evening...

This is great.

Auburn's spring game is going on right now. Remember the name Duke Williams. JUCO WR. Absolute beast. Let's just hope Marshall is accurate enough to find him this year. Sammie Coates is a nice compliment on the other side. We'll miss Tre Mason, but Cameron Artis-Payne and Corey Grant can handle the load. This offense should be fun to watch this year as long as it's healthy.

Auburn's spring game is going on right now. Remember the name Duke Williams. JUCO WR. Absolute beast. Let's just hope Marshall is accurate enough to find him this year. Sammie Coates is a nice compliment on the other side. We'll miss Tre Mason, but Cameron Artis-Payne and Corey Grant can handle the load. This offense should be fun to watch this year as long as it's healthy.
Duke Williams is a monster.

I dont remember the last time we had a WR his size at AU.

Uhh, that's dumb fast

I ran a 4.09 once on the way to a buffet at mission inn

WOW!! Sub 4.2?! Neon and Moss didn't even pull that off at FSU. (4.23 and 4.25 respectively. Moss also has the 55 meter record for the school...)

Some interesting bowl game projections:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...llege-football-bowl-game-predictions-for-2014
[h=2]Capital One Bowl[/h]
hi-res-151a3ffcb07107ddd96554ee58e25c70_crop_north.jpg
USA TODAY Sports

When: Jan. 1
Where: Orlando, Florida

Predicted matchup: Nebraska vs. South Carolina
Try as it may, Nebraska can't seem to avoid spending New Year's Day in Florida, as this would be the Cornhuskers' fourth straight trip to the Sunshine State to face an SEC opponent. It's kind of the same deal for South Carolina, meanwhile, which, after just missing out on one of the CFP side games, will play in Orlando for the third time in four years.
Predicted winner: Nebraska

I was amazed by some of the spring game attendance numbers:
Here’s a look at the complete attendance numbers for this spring season.
Team2014 Attendance
Alabama73,506
Penn State72,000
Auburn70,645
Tennessee68,548
Nebraska61,772
Ohio State61,058
Georgia46,073
Oklahoma43,500
Florida State36,500
South Carolina36,412

It's not often that a 10-2 record is a bad season, but that's what happened to Pitt State last year, missing the playoffs and having to go to a Bowl game instead. Hopefully this season sees them contending for the National Championship again.

And in a big decision, Kansas City, Kansas will be the host city for the Division II Championship game from 2014-2017 at Sporting Park. (Announced last December)

It was announced by the NCAA that the MIAA, in partnership with the Kansas City Sports Commission and Foundation has been selected to host the NCAA Division II Football Championship. Kansas City will host the NCAA Division II Football Championship beginning in 2014 at Sporting Park in Kansas City, Kan. and will continue to serve as host through the 2017 season.

http://www.d2football.com/

There's a Dillard's joke here somewhere, right?

Twitter is gold this morning.

That is pretty funny.
Although to be fair, everybody knows Auburn players can afford crab legs based on salary. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back