The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
YUM!! Long John Silvers is GREAT!!! :good: We like going there, how come the lobster bites from LJS are about $2.99 but when you buy lobster at a restaurant its way too expensive!?!? :confused2:

I like their hush puppies as well, still have NO IDEA what they are haa haa

It's probably langostinos, not lobster.

I eat fastfood virtually everyday, but not much choice there. Pepsico really started all the combo fastfood places and made a killing doing it, just not off of me. I can't stand LJS, everything tastes the same. Without looking at the shape it's hard to tell whats fish or chicken?

I like their hush puppies as well, still have NO IDEA what they are haa haa

They scoop out puppy brains and fry them. Aren't they good!!! And it helps reduce the unwanted puppy population.:D

They scoop out puppy brains and fry them. Aren't they good!!! And it helps reduce the unwanted puppy population.:D

They are good :)

We have one around here that is a combination of A&W, Rocky Roccoco pizza & Cousins subs.

And someone sure doesn't have a sense of humor, I posted the below & even added the smiley. What do I get in exchange? This...."If your so unhappy with THP, leave.".

Those are usually the ones of mine that JB deletes:D

I had blood drawn yesterday out of my arm and my arm isn't feeling too pretty right now. It feels dead :( And I've got a nice bruise from the injection site :(

I had blood drawn yesterday out of my arm and my arm isn't feeling too pretty right now. It feels dead :( And I've got a nice bruise from the injection site :(
I hate needles! I am such a baby when I have to get a shot. I can't watch! I can watch other people all day long, but not in my arm!

And someone sure doesn't have a sense of humor, I posted the below & even added the smiley. What do I get in exchange? This...."If your so unhappy with THP, leave.".

Whoa! Sorry, dude. Even I knew that was a joke. Too bad.

I hate needles! I am such a baby when I have to get a shot. I can't watch! I can watch other people all day long, but not in my arm!

I used to hate needles too, and I still can't watch when I get stuck but in college I was extremely anemic (like borderline blood transfusion bad) so I had to give blood every 3 weeks to monitor my iron levels. After three years of that I got used to being stuck by needles.

Now donating blood is a different story. I can handle the needle prick, and I can have small amounts of blood drawn from me but if I have to sit for a long period of time and have bags taken then I pass out.

I used to hate needles too, and I still can't watch when I get stuck but in college I was extremely anemic (like borderline blood transfusion bad) so I had to give blood every 3 weeks to monitor my iron levels. After three years of that I got used to being stuck by needles.

Now donating blood is a different story. I can handle the needle prick, and I can have small amounts of blood drawn from me but if I have to sit for a long period of time and have bags taken then I pass out.

I've donated blood twice, you get 4 free comp hours here at work :D but I think I'm done. I usually end up with huge bruises afterwards and it takes me a while to get back to normal.

I'm the same way. I remember when I got my wisdom teeth pulled and they put me out with an IV. My heart rate started at 47bpm and rose immediately to 94bpm when the needle came out and stuck me. After it was in and secure, my rate wend down to 52bpm. I don't know how I remember those numbers so well but I always think it is funny when I think about it.

You're lucky you're not diabetic! Finger pricks 4x a day and insulin injections 2x a day (now that my pancreas is producing so little insulin). Luckily, I've never had a problem with needles.

You're lucky you're not diabetic! Finger pricks 4x a day and insulin injections 2x a day (now that my pancreas is producing so little insulin). Luckily, I've never had a problem with needles.

Tell me about it. The finger pricking I can deal with. It's the 3 month blood drawings that I could do with out.

I had to have some tests run on my liver last year. They took 11 vials of blood. Luckily they found a couple of big ones or it would have been 13+ vials. Around number 10 I started to feel a little faint.

My tumbler is leaking :( Hopefully I can take it back and get a replacement...

Tell me about it. The finger pricking I can deal with. It's the 3 month blood drawings that I could do with out.

I had to have some tests run on my liver last year. They took 11 vials of blood. Luckily they found a couple of big ones or it would have been 13+ vials. Around number 10 I started to feel a little faint.

You would think I'd be used to needles by now, but not the case. They are taking blood twice a week right now and just found out the two injections a day I've been giving myself lasts another week. Just seem's wrong to poke your self in the stomach. Thank goodness I'm not a diabetic. I feel for you guy's.

Needles freak me out. When my allergist made me use my Epi-Pen on myself to make sure I could do it - my BP was higher before the shot than after.

I wish I could donate blood! I keep getting deferred for low iron. I even took an iron supplement for awhile, to see if that would help. Didn't move my iron level one bit. Never mind what it did to my insides.

Been poked so many times that I can do my own IV's now. Some people get used to it while others never do.

I want to see the movie, "Kick Some Past." Hope it's out on DVD soon.

I want to see the movie, "Kick Some Past." Hope it's out on DVD soon.

It looks good but isnt the name "Hot Tub Time Machine". The commercials are confusing me.

It looks good but isnt the name "Hot Tub Time Machine". The commercials are confusing me.

Yes it is called Hot Tub Time Machine. I still want to see it!

That looks like one funny movie :good:

That looks like one funny movie :good:

"Hot Tub Time Machine", LMAO. Is that a remake of "Debbie Does Dallas", or (I'd better stop, hehe).

I wish I could donate blood! I keep getting deferred for low iron. I even took an iron supplement for awhile, to see if that would help. Didn't move my iron level one bit. Never mind what it did to my insides.

I had the same problem. I used to take a ridiculously high dose of iron pills on an empty stomach with a glass of orange juice three times a day. It kills the stomach and just like you my iron count stayed low. I used to be covered in bruises, something as simple as scratching an itch would end up becoming a huge bruise and I was so tired all the time.

The scariest thing is one of the times I did donate blood was when my iron was really low, but the people at the blood mobile didn't care they took my blood anyhow because I am O. I slept for 3 days after that I was so weak and so tired.

I honestly don't know how or why I got better but by age 21 my iron count was normal again and I have been fine ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back